Rise of the Resistance

ppete1975

The practical reality is that there are no good answers. They have a fantastic attraction with stunning demand well beyond its current capacity. No matter what approach they choose some group of people will feel disenfranchised and be unable to ride on any given day.

At least with this model you don't waste your entire day hoping to ride, you know before you get there whether you'll get the opportunity or (assuming no major breakdowns) not. While I understand the disappointment of those who are unsuccessful on any given day, it is simply not possible for everyone who wants to ride on any given day to be able to ride and the Virtual Queue seems the most equitable approach to making the limited slots available. Everyone with smartphone has exactly the same opportunity for access.

And for those who want to throw out the "I don't have and I don't want a smartphone" or I don't want to have to carry it with me when I visit, it is unreasonable for you to expect Disney to hold back on technology development for the overall masses to accommodate you.
So if this was a standby line that was over an hour, how many people who try every morning for a boarding pass would try.

Its a sad reality that there are people who wouldnt stand in a line for this ride for more than 30 minutes, but everyday try for boarding passes (talking aps), if they dont get it.. no big deal. But if you travel from another country or even another state and spend thousands and you only have 1 or 2 days to ride the ride, and were willing to stand in line for lets say 3 hours, i think its sad they might not even get the opportunity.

milordsloth

I’m really curious to find out why some people have a hard time getting a boarding group while others have an easy time. Of the times I’ve been to DHS since RoTR opened, my party has been been able to get a group every time except for once. The times I have been too slow at 7 am, my sister has always been able to secure one for us.
Agreed. I've been on RoTR a total of 5 times over the past year and have been able to get boarding group 10 or below every single time.

Ghostdog

I was up this morning ready to go, finger pushed the button as soon as 7:00 showed on my phone…I have a party of 2…NO LUCK getting a boarding pass. We’re only here until Friday and this is our only reservation day at HS, we’re hoping over to AK after lunch. I guess we’ll have to try for this ride next time we visit. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Oh, well we’ll still have a fabulous time; we’re at Disney!!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was up this morning ready to go, finger pushed the button as soon as 7:00 showed on my phone…I have a party of 2…NO LUCK getting a boarding pass. We’re only here until Friday and this is our only reservation day at HS, we’re hoping over to AK after lunch. I guess we’ll have to try for this ride next time we visit. 🤷🏼‍♀️

The times I haven't gotten a boarding group at 7 am I was able to get it at 1pm. It seems to me it was easier to get at 1pm. A couple weeks ago my husband was trying for a boarding group and I was sitting next to him. Next to me was an older lady, also trying for a boarding group. She read and paused at every screen (yes I was being nosy and watching her), I was sure she wouldn't get one in the end but she did. So I suggest trying for a group this afternoon, especially if this is your only reservation day for HS, good luck!

Ghostdog

The times I haven't gotten a boarding group at 7 am I was able to get it at 1pm. It seems to me it was easier to get at 1pm. A couple weeks ago my husband was trying for a boarding group and I was sitting next to him. Next to me was an older lady, also trying for a boarding group. She read and paused at every screen (yes I was being nosy and watching her), I was sure she wouldn't get one in the end but she did. So I suggest trying for a group this afternoon, especially if this is your only reservation day for HS, good luck!
We tried, no luck. Oh well.

TrojanUSC

Don't be on wifi. Be on the page already. Have a world clock up on another phone or laptop. Pull down to refresh at 6:59:59. Pull down again if not up yet. Press join group. You'll get it every time this way.

danyoung56

Let me ask a silly question. If I have 1 day of a trip where I am schedule to go to DHS, and I try for a boarding group and DON'T get it, can I then change my next day (which I had scheduled at EPCOT) to DHS so that I can try again? In other words, can I make park changes at the last minute? Thanks.

correcaminos

Let me ask a silly question. If I have 1 day of a trip where I am schedule to go to DHS, and I try for a boarding group and DON'T get it, can I then change my next day (which I had scheduled at EPCOT) to DHS so that I can try again? In other words, can I make park changes at the last minute? Thanks.
If there is availability, yes.

EOD K9

Hi Gang. Due to my cruise being canceled, we opted to take the kids to Disney for the time instead. Obviously, this is a ride we want to hit. We will be doing our best to get a BG. My question is this. Once people ride it once in the AM, are they blocked from getting it again? I would like to think that would allow for more riders.

correcaminos

Hi Gang. Due to my cruise being canceled, we opted to take the kids to Disney for the time instead. Obviously, this is a ride we want to hit. We will be doing our best to get a BG. My question is this. Once people ride it once in the AM, are they blocked from getting it again? I would like to think that would allow for more riders.
Yes, once a day only. It is much easier to get in at 1pm than 7 am too.

Ghostdog

To update y’all on crowds and attraction wait times: EXTREMELY large crowds and wait times are SUPER LONG.

To give an example; the line for RocknRoller coaster went all the back to the turkey leg stand at HS yesterday…no joke!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom