Rise of the Resistance effects status watch

DisneyFanatic12

Rode several times on my trip from July 7 to 17th. The only issues I noted at that time were as follows:

-BB8 in one of the two pre-show rooms was not working/missing
-Guns on the AT-AT did not move to aim at the guest (always pointed in the forward direction)
-Canons did not move forward/backwards (though at this time, I would consider that effect to be more abandoned than broken)
-Kylo Ren final AA worked fine on 2-of-3 rides (B mode on the third ride... it was sort of interesting... waited in StandBy first ride of the morning and Kylo was working great, ride went down for a while early afternoon, had an ILL for the afternoon and Kylo was in B mode at that time)

All things considered, I thought it was in pretty good condition!
I’m happy they finally got the final Kylo Ren running again. That was out for a couple of weeks. I rode it yesterday and was happy to see it up! Personally, I think the canons were the most stunning part of the ride, because it was such a small detail that made it feel all the more real. I hope they can get them back up and running when it finally goes under refurb, whenever that might be…

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I’m happy they finally got the final Kylo Ren running again. That was out for a couple of weeks. I rode it yesterday and was happy to see it up! Personally, I think the canons were the most stunning part of the ride, because it was such a small detail that made it feel all the more real. I hope they can get them back up and running when it finally goes under refurb, whenever that might be…
I never got to ride with the moving canons, but based on how large those canons are and how relatively small the room is, I can imagine how much that effect would add to the experience. Almost evoking a similar sense of nervous anticipation as the scene in Galaxy Quest with the "chompers" (which I get is a trope of similar scenes from Star Wars and Star Trek, but it was the easiest example I could think of that most people would quickly know what I was refering to)

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
I've been a bunch in the last few weeks and most recently (Saturday afternoon post-downtime), Finn was not working and Kylo was covered up at the end. however, my second most recent ride a few weeks ago, the absolutely pivotal Kylo/Hux scene was replaced by a screen...yikes bad show.

leiaorgana

however, my second most recent ride a few weeks ago, the absolutely pivotal Kylo/Hux scene was replaced by a screen...yikes bad show.
On our last ride of our recent trip (8th July), Kylo was slumped down and not moving in the Hux Bridge scene and it looked really bad and kinda took us out of it so maybe it had something to do with that?

Disstevefan1

I wonder if any of the original animatronics and/or effects will be working by the time I get to see it.

Well, I will always have YouTube.

erasure fan1

We got to do it twice on Tuesday, once at rope drop and the other closer to close. Ride one seemed like everything worked but the cannons. But ride two was Kylos saber through the top of the vehicle was completely jacked. And Kylo was in B-mode, Extremely disappointing.

Chef Mickey

Does Kylo Ren ever work now? I have gotten the “B mode” ending literally the last 6-7 times.

Disney maintenance is a joke. I haven’t been following closely, but is working Kylo Ren now like the Yeti?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Does Kylo Ren ever work now? I have gotten the “B mode” ending literally the last 6-7 times.

Disney maintenance is a joke. I haven’t been following closely, but
Yes. I saw him in A mode a few weeks ago.

Do the cannons ever move anymore? Literally not moving at least 8-10 rides since the first couple when it first opened.
Cannons haven’t moved in a couple years.

gerarar

Premium Member

Disney maintenance is a joke. I haven’t been following closely, but is working Kylo Ren now like the Yeti?
Kylo has a higher chance of being in A-mode early in the morning. Once the ride goes down for a breakdown because of him breaking, he'll be stuck in B-mode for the rest of the day, which is evident of the reports above of people getting 2 rides in a day, one in the morning and afternoon after some breakdown mid-day.

Typically they reset/fix him overnight or after a day or two and is working in A-mode again.

Chef Mickey

Yes. I saw him in A mode a few weeks ago.

Cannons haven’t moved in a couple years.
Why? I really think they worked last year and they made this huge deal of the cleverness of program being separate from the ride vehicle to avoid collisions.

Now it will just never work?

Chef Mickey

Kylo has a higher chance of being in A-mode early in the morning. Once the ride goes down for a breakdown because of him breaking, he'll be stuck in B-mode for the rest of the day, which is evident of the reports above of people getting 2 rides in a day, one in the morning and afternoon after some breakdown mid-day.

Typically they reset/fix him overnight or after a day or two and is working in A-mode again.
What an inexcusable clown show Disney maintenance has become. The entire company is run by idiots.

RickP330

Original Poster
You’re telling me that Kylo Ren animatronic is really that complex? I bet 80% of its issues are software related.
Okay all, I experienced the attraction last week. Kylo Ren is in B mode again. Really disappointing, But I didn't bother asking for a refund, otherwise ride is quite enjoyable.
Just FYI, Cannons were stationary and there is no heat affect - not sure if we ever established here if there was ever one or not, but for sure none now. Plus, there is a heat effect in Remy, we did experience that last week.
Everything else seemed to work just fine, I enjoyed my trip.
But can the Kylo Ren be more complicated than the Navi River ride? I don't recall ever seeing that animatronic not working and perhaps ridden both just as much.....
RP

Kamikaze

Okay all, I experienced the attraction last week. Kylo Ren is in B mode again. Really disappointing, But I didn't bother asking for a refund, otherwise ride is quite enjoyable.
Just FYI, Cannons were stationary and there is no heat affect - not sure if we ever established here if there was ever one or not, but for sure none now. Plus, there is a heat effect in Remy, we did experience that last week.
Everything else seemed to work just fine, I enjoyed my trip.
But can the Kylo Ren be more complicated than the Navi River ride? I don't recall ever seeing that animatronic not working and perhaps ridden both just as much.....
RP
There was never a 'heat' effect.

Last edited:

Rinx

Anyone else ride today, 8/17/23? What an absolute disgrace! If you have never ridden it before you would have no idea what's going on.

- Transport ship pre-show down. Walked from the resistance camp outside backstage to the room with the stormtroopers.
- Nothing on the AT-AT's functioned.
- No cannon effects at all.
- Kylo AA on the bridge hunched over 90 degrees and not moving.
- No Kylo in the finale at all. AA not working, no wall piece and getting sucked out, etc. but didn't even have the backup version of his ship getting shot at on screen. No voice or him talking at all. Didn't hear Kylo at all after the lightsabre through the ceiling.

Feel really bad for folks paying $22 for individual lightning lane and first timers.

UPDATE - looks like it finally went 101 around 10:30.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom