Rise of the Resistance effects status watch

RickP330

Original Poster
can you share why the guns no longer move? this would seem like a simple fix or is this yet another engineering problem like the yeti?
I don't have any inside or official information, but I believe the problem to be this: The guns are simulating recoil by moving back several feet after they fire. They return to position quickly thereafter to position it for another fire. The exit you are trying to get through is physically blocked by the guns, but when they recoil space opens up to allow you to pass. Once you proceed the next gun is in the way and you have to stop. This puts you in the way of the gun you just past which is resetting your position. You try to go backwards but the gun behind that is now in your way preventing backwards movement. So, the jerky progress forward and back.

Since the car you are travelling in is "trackless" It could be possible for a malfunction of sensors to allow your car to be inappropriately positioned and be in the way of a resetting gun. I do not believe Disney would design the ride with a collision point possible, but I do not know how far they take it with the simulation.

My guess is that it is a software / hardware issue where the movement of the car and guns is not synchronized properly. And it could cause the entire ride to stop. So, it is just easier to run it in B mode. However, it seems really silly for the jerky motion with stationary guns.....

IMO totally fixable given enough time and resources. Maybe the existing programming just needs some updating too....

Splash4eva

I don't have any inside or official information, but I believe the problem to be this: The guns are simulating recoil by moving back several feet after they fire. They return to position quickly thereafter to position it for another fire. The exit you are trying to get through is physically blocked by the guns, but when they recoil space opens up to allow you to pass. Once you proceed the next gun is in the way and you have to stop. This puts you in the way of the gun you just past which is resetting your position. You try to go backwards but the gun behind that is now in your way preventing backwards movement. So, the jerky progress forward and back.

Since the car you are travelling in is "trackless" It could be possible for a malfunction of sensors to allow your car to be inappropriately positioned and be in the way of a resetting gun. I do not believe Disney would design the ride with a collision point possible, but I do not know how far they take it with the simulation.

My guess is that it is a software / hardware issue where the movement of the car and guns is not synchronized properly. And it could cause the entire ride to stop. So, it is just easier to run it in B mode. However, it seems really silly for the jerky motion with stationary guns.....

IMO totally fixable given enough time and resources. Maybe the existing programming just needs some updating too....
thank you

DisneyFanatic12

I rode it June 29, maybe 28. BB-8 missing, lightsaber in rescue door glowed red but no lightsaber through the door, lightsaber through the ceiling worked, one gun moved
Since when was there a lightsaber through the rescue door? The cast member would hold a light saber but the wall only ever glowed red. Only know the WDW version though…

Chef Mickey

I hope they fix all this nonsense.

It's 20bux per person for a paid LL.
That is just jaw dropping to pay an extra 100 per fam of 4 to have so many non functioning issues.

Just unreal.
It's unacceptable. I asked for a refund when Kylo Ren was in "B" movie mode and a couple other effects didn't work. LL also took over 40 minutes. They gave it to me.

Chef Mickey

$21 ???!!!
Yes, x4. I’m actually OK paying it IF it’s actually a good experience and I avoid a 3 hour wait. Unfortunately, the wait was nearly an hour and the ride had several quality issues. For me, they didn’t deliver the value and I deserved the refund.

In general, WDW has really screwed up the experience.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, x4. I’m actually OK paying it IF it’s actually a good experience and I avoid a 3 hour wait. Unfortunately, the wait was nearly an hour and the ride had several quality issues. For me, they didn’t deliver the value and I deserved the refund.

In general, WDW has really screwed up the experience.
$84 ???!!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Donald!

167DDD27-CF4F-48F8-947C-4CFCBD7A25BC.jpeg

Leighcat

Very sad state of affairs for what should be a great ride. Its nearly as bad as Splash Mountain before that closed and that was an old ride.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Rode several times on my trip from July 7 to 17th. The only issues I noted at that time were as follows:

-BB8 in one of the two pre-show rooms was not working/missing
-Guns on the AT-AT did not move to aim at the guest (always pointed in the forward direction)
-Canons did not move forward/backwards (though at this time, I would consider that effect to be more abandoned than broken)
-Kylo Ren final AA worked fine on 2-of-3 rides (B mode on the third ride... it was sort of interesting... waited in StandBy first ride of the morning and Kylo was working great, ride went down for a while early afternoon, had an ILL for the afternoon and Kylo was in B mode at that time)

All things considered, I thought it was in pretty good condition!

DisneyFanatic12

Very sad state of affairs for what should be a great ride. Its nearly as bad as Splash Mountain before that closed and that was an old ride.
Nah, I went on Splash Mountain before it closed and nothing can be worse than that… there were SOOO many holes in the ceiling just pouring out water. Many of the sets quickly covered and mold or turned yellow from the water. The biggest leak was in the finale room, where the water pouring through was louder than the actual music. It’s dark enough that everyone just thought it was a waterfall though 🤣.

Though I did ride RoR yesterday and can confirm that the BB-8 in the left preshow room is broken. Though to my surprise, they fixed all the other animatronics besides fin (and the canons).

I doubt it’ll go under refurb till at least next spring, or probably later. BUT, it is in need of one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom