Rise of the Resistance effects status watch

RickP330

Original Poster
I find it hard to believe this thread is not already here, but I searched and didn't find one. If it's here can someone, please direct me to it and archive this one?

This ride has been very disappointing for me. We spend a lot of money on these trips and to see B versions consistently trip after trip is upsetting. I think I have only seen everything functioning once and that was very soon after it first opened. Seems like now that will never happen again. I promised myself I would ask for my ILL refund if Kylo Ren was not working at the end of the ride. It seemed like he hadn't worked over several trips and I was afraid it was a Yeti issue that would never be fixed.

However, he worked last trip, so I was happy LOL. But annoyingly here are some other effects that weren't working last Month, and it seems they just keep piling up.

*BB-8 was a no-show in the pre-room with Ray. B version obviously in effect here, because all reference to him was removed.
*Light saber cutting the door open to rescue us didn't work. The door just opened.
*Heat and movement from the large guns during the escape not working, come to think of it I have never seen this working.... I am starting to wonder if this ever existed and if it's a rumor....

I am sure there was something else I'm forgetting - that trip was a few weeks ago - but to charge top dollar and show B versions all the time is really disappointing. Anyone else notice anything not working, or have similar concerns?

Does anyone know the failure mode that seems to keep taking Kylo Ren out at the end?

Rick

Weather_Lady

The only time we've ever seen the whole thing in A mode was at Disneyland, shortly after it opened.

By the time we got to WDW the next year to see theirs, the sliding canons weren't fully functional and Kylo Ren at the end was in B mode, with subsequent rides each having at least one or two broken/B-mode effects, or bits of the preshow (e.g., Kylo Ren scene in the holding/interrogation cell) being skipped.

I don't know if they're really down that often, or if we are just unlucky. I do know thay because of that, I'd never consider paying for an ILL for it: it's just too unreliable, and why spend more on an attraction that won't likely offer the full experience?

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I find it hard to believe this thread is not already here, but I searched and didn't find one. If it's here can someone, please direct me to it and archive this one?

This ride has been very disappointing for me. We spend a lot of money on these trips and to see B versions consistently trip after trip is upsetting. I think I have only seen everything functioning once and that was very soon after it first opened. Seems like now that will never happen again. I promised myself I would ask for my ILL refund if Kylo Ren was not working at the end of the ride. It seemed like he hadn't worked over several trips and I was afraid it was a Yeti issue that would never be fixed.

However, he worked last trip, so I was happy LOL. But annoyingly here are some other effects that weren't working last Month, and it seems they just keep piling up.

*BB-8 was a no-show in the pre-room with Ray. B version obviously in effect here, because all reference to him was removed.
*Light saber cutting the door open to rescue us didn't work. The door just opened.
*Heat and movement from the large guns during the escape not working, come to think of it I have never seen this working.... I am starting to wonder if this ever existed and if it's a rumor....

I am sure there was something else I'm forgetting - that trip was a few weeks ago - but to charge top dollar and show B versions all the time is really disappointing. Anyone else notice anything not working, or have similar concerns?

Does anyone know the failure mode that seems to keep taking Kylo Ren out at the end?

Rick
Sometimes you have to give 3rd shift a chance and ride again the following day and see if somethings still wrong. Sometimes something is fixable in a few hours. Sometimes overnight. There are a lot of variables involved. If it is still not working the next day, politely visit guest relations. It’s also useful to inform the CM at unload if something in-ride is down.

The gun deck is a bone of contention. Yes, the guns used to all move.

RickP330

Original Poster
We are DVC and AP. We don't live locally but do try to go at least twice if not three times per year. I have been riding it since open and this last trip was the worst with only upside was that Kylo Ren was working....

I could see the deck guns being a safety problem. If your car is out of position for some reason it could collide with the gun. I have never seen the heat affect though. Has there ever been a heat affect with the deck guns?
RP

DisneyFanatic12

We are DVC and AP. We don't live locally but do try to go at least twice if not three times per year. I have been riding it since open and this last trip was the worst with only upside was that Kylo Ren was working....

I could see the deck guns being a safety problem. If your car is out of position for some reason it could collide with the gun. I have never seen the heat affect though. Has there ever been a heat affect with the deck guns?
RP
I don’t remember having heat effects with the gun. I rode it during soft openings and everything seemed to work, so I don’t think heat was ever a feature, though it would be cool. I wish the b-mode cannons shot out air so you could feel something. It would bring some more life to the scene, as it feels pretty dead there right now. In addition, I think the cars should face the window if there isn’t anything going on with the cannons.

But to answer you question, no I don’t think heat was ever one of the guns features. I don’t think the cannons could ever collide, due to all the sensors, but I could see it being one of the reasons for the extended downtime when it first opened. I’d say they just turned them off, but the cannons were disabled one by one as they broke, so I don’t think they caused too many issues…

DisneyFanatic12

Rick
The finale Kylo Ren seems to work every once in a while, but is broken more than it works… guns did move when it opened but they never had heat or anything. Lightsaber opening the prison cell has worked almost every time for me. Never been in the pre-show without BB-8. All that being said, I only ride once or twice a month so I might just have good luck.

I wish it could go under refurb but Hollywood Studios needs it for ride capacity…

Disstevefan1

I have yet to experience Rise.

I am resolved in knowing I will never see it as it was when it was fully functional like the lucky folks who saw it when it first opened.

Just like the folks they were lucky enough to see the Yeti when it was functional.

RickP330

Original Poster
The finale Kylo Ren seems to work every once in a while, but is broken more than it works… guns did move when it opened but they never had heat or anything. Lightsaber opening the prison cell has worked almost every time for me. Never been in the pre-show without BB-8. All that being said, I only ride once or twice a month so I might just have good luck.

I wish it could go under refurb but Hollywood Studios needs it for ride capacity…
Well I don't go that much, I just really must have been unlucky. I was really disappointed not to see BB-8 and the fact the story line totally omitted him means it is a known B-version variant. There are a few pre rooms with Ray and BB-8 aren't there?

I'll be there mid July again so I'll be sure to report here what I find.

Don't they have a heat simulation in Remy's? Not sure why it would not include it or have a hard time keeping it working here. I do remember reading about it, although as everyone says I don't think it's ever worked if it were part of this ride....

RP

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well I don't go that much, I just really must have been unlucky. I was really disappointed not to see BB-8 and the fact the story line totally omitted him means it is a known B-version variant. There are a few pre rooms with Ray and BB-8 aren't there?

I'll be there mid July again so I'll be sure to report here what I find.

Don't they have a heat simulation in Remy's? Not sure why it would not include it or have a hard time keeping it working here. I do remember reading about it, although as everyone says I don't think it's ever worked if it were part of this ride....

RP
There’s 2 pre show rooms. BB is a nice touch but after the introductions not integral to the pre show storyline. Next time when you arrive at merge (the hall where you wait for a preshow room to open) quietly ask the cast member if both are working and explain how he was broke last time. It’s unlikely both would be broken so even if you have to wait a cycle, ask if you can see a working one.

The Rat ride does / should have a heat effect under the ovens.

RickP330

Original Poster
...Next time when you arrive at merge (the hall where you wait for a preshow room to open) quietly ask the cast member if both are working and explain how he was broke last time. It’s unlikely both would be broken so even if you have to wait a cycle, ask if you can see a working one....
What a great idea, that would have totally solved the problem. Thanks for the tip!
RP

gerarar

Premium Member

Rick
People already answered, but just to reiterate some stuff lol..

Kylo Ren AA is a hit or miss. The ride does seem to breakdown when the AA breaks so they have to reset everything into B-mode. Once this happens, it’s up to maintenance to come in and fix it overnight. This can take anytime from a couple days to a week. I’ve noticed more recently that he’s usually back up and running in A-mode after 2-3 days. So it’s a luck of the draw I guess.

There’s 2 Rey preshow rooms. I believe the left one has been broken now for months (clearly not a priority for maintenance to fix). The right one should still be fully in A-mode.

Lightsaber through roof breaks somewhat commonly, but maintenance is usually quick on this one since there’s really no B-mode for it as the RVs sit there in silence in the “elevators”. I’ve seen it be fixed as soon as overnight to a couple days.

Cannons have been in B-mode for a long while now. There was full A-mode (all 3 cannons moving) which was last seen around mid 2021. A-mode lite (only 1st cannon moving) was last seen working around early 2022. It’s probably gonna take an extended refurbishment (and a commitment to $) to get them fixed.

RickP330

Original Poster
I hope they fix all this nonsense.

It's 20bux per person for a paid LL.
That is just jaw dropping to pay an extra 100 per fam of 4 to have so many non functioning issues.

Just unreal.
Well that is just the whole point. I understand things break, but for a headliner attraction with such long wait times - think of the people who wait 2+ hours on line, how much does that cost? Having several broken items and running in B mode is damaging to the brand I think. I am sure the cast members do their best, but it's a top down management style I'm afraid that's disappointing.
RP

RickP330

Original Poster
I'll be headed down to WDW on Thursday this week. Any updates from anyone on what version of this ride is on?

I'll be sure to update when I return.
RP

Splash4eva

Sometimes you have to give 3rd shift a chance and ride again the following day and see if somethings still wrong. Sometimes something is fixable in a few hours. Sometimes overnight. There are a lot of variables involved. If it is still not working the next day, politely visit guest relations. It’s also useful to inform the CM at unload if something in-ride is down.

The gun deck is a bone of contention. Yes, the guns used to all move.
can you share why the guns no longer move? this would seem like a simple fix or is this yet another engineering problem like the yeti?

Phonedave

I'll be headed down to WDW on Thursday this week. Any updates from anyone on what version of this ride is on?

I'll be sure to update when I return.
RP
I rode it June 29, maybe 28. BB-8 missing, lightsaber in rescue door glowed red but no lightsaber through the door, lightsaber through the ceiling worked, one gun moved

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom