ripsaw falls?

markymark

You don't ctually go under water as in being submerged, when you go down the main drop, you hit the bottom , but unlike Splash Mountain, there is water pouring at you from the sides and I mean pouring! So basically there is no way to stay dry.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
On Splash Mountain, they shoot water at you rather then pour it. If the shooting water doesn't get you. The waterfall on the right side will.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by space*mt*ranger
do you actually go under water?

Nope you dont go underwater. You come down and double dipand into the building which just floods u with water. I alwaysh ave someone sitting in front of me. at least I know they will cover some of me. lol :)

<SRH>

I have not been to IOA yet, but a friend of mine said the other water ride they have there will soak you. I think the ride is like the one at AK, don't know what it's called.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by <SRH>
I have not been to IOA yet, but a friend of mine said the other water ride they have there will soak you. I think the ride is like the one at AK, don't know what it's called.

Bluto's barge and u get wet too. But ripsaw gets u awhole wetter. Plus if u like drops ride the river adventure. Wow it has a great drop and u hit the water hard. dont get to wet though.

JAY-ROD

I forgot that the JP ride was a water ride. How good do the dinosaurs look compared to Disney's ride?

I think its a tough call on that one. Disney Dionsaurs looks great and so does IOA. IOA have some wear and tear on them but nothing major. but there mostly in the water and get messed up easier. There t rex and the spitters are great and IOA. U need to go to that park. have u been to universal studios?

<SRH>

Yes, I have been to Universal Studios like 4 or 5 times for Halloween Horror Nights, and 1 time during the day. HHN is great, a totally different experience being that it is a more party like atmosphere, haunted houses, the park is dark, also it stays open later. I recommend it. That is an event which Universal does well, like how Epcot does the Food & Wine event for example. I will go to IOA, but I may wait till cooler weather. I don't know why but Universal's parks seem real hot in summertime.

JAY-ROD

Yes, I have been to Universal Studios like 4 or 5 times for Halloween Horror Nights, and 1 time during the day. HHN is great, a totally different experience being that it is a more party like atmosphere, haunted houses, the park is dark, also it stays open later. I recommend it. That is an event which Universal does well, like how Epcot does the Food & Wine event for example. I will go to IOA, but I may wait till cooler weather. I don't know why but Universal's parks seem real hot in summertime.

yeah it was pretty hot. we stayed at the hardrock hotel and got the front of the line advantage. talking about saving some time there. :)

woofboy111

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Bluto's barge and u get wet too. But ripsaw gets u awhole wetter. Plus if u like drops ride the river adventure. Wow it has a great drop and u hit the water hard. dont get to wet though.

Wait...You're saying you get wetter on Ripsaw falls? I've never had that experience. On popeye, you can't not get soaked, unlike ripsaw, where you might get a little wet.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by woofboy111

Wait...You're saying you get wetter on Ripsaw falls? I've never had that experience. On popeye, you can't not get soaked, unlike ripsaw, where you might get a little wet.

well its been the totally opposite for me! :)

markymark

Yeah me too. I have always come off Ripsaw Falls absolutely soaked to the skin. When we rode the Barges, I got pretty wet, but some people on our barge weren't too bad.

woofboy111

Maybe they didn't have all of the fountains working when you went, because usually, unlike Kali River Rapids, no one gets off Popeye even slightly dry.

The Mom

Premium Member
They both get me too wet! Just a note to parents, the height requirement for Bluto Barge is "taller" than Kali River Rapids. My son was very upset when he couldn't ride, after riding Kali on more than one previous trip.

MrPromey

Originally posted by woofboy111
Maybe they didn't have all of the fountains working when you went, because usually, unlike Kali River Rapids, no one gets off Popeye even slightly dry.

Yes, the one and only time I went on that ride everyone in the boat got completely soaked. Just in case you didn't get wet enough by chance they shot you with water several times. I thought it was almost obnoxious… Glad I took off my shoes before the ride started….

MrPromey

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

I think its a tough call on that one. Disney Dionsaurs looks great and so does IOA. IOA have some wear and tear on them but nothing major. but there mostly in the water and get messed up easier. There t rex and the spitters are great and IOA. U need to go to that park. have u been to universal studios?

I give Universal a little leeway for the dinos outside though it shouldn't really be an excuse since they planned it that way. The t-rex at the end, to me is a major disappointment. Maybe most people don't get a good look at him since you are starting the drop at that point but his neck looks like tarp material rather than the 'rubber' used for everything else and the area along the inside of the back of his open mouth looks like smooth latex or something similar… :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom