RIP Robin Williams

Goofyernmost

I don't think he was ever forgotten though.
It's hard to imagine if one hasn't lived it, but, it seems to me that if anyone has reached a pinnacle, there is no way to go but down. That has got to be harder then never reaching those heights to begin with. I don't know, never experienced it, but, even the distance I have fallen, in prestige and marginal success, I sit and try to figure out what happened and even though I know the answer, (you retired you idiot), I still miss what was there before. What was there before gave me my identity. I can't explain it well, but, I feel that I can relate, even if in a small way.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I loved that movie. He really made that role his own.

And I have to admit that until I saw your post, I had forgotten that little attraction film on animation that he had done with Walter Cronkite for the Animation Studio Tour at WDW (when it was a tour). I will always remember the scene where he goes onto the ship and they re-color it darkly to demonstrate "a sense of foreboding." It really reminded me how the details help make a movie.

And, of course, we all love the Genie in Aladdin. I wonder if Disney's Broadway Aladdin will dim the lights tonight.

And I am privileged enough to be old enough to have seen him on TV with his mentor, Jonathan Winters. If you can find some clips of them together on YouTube, you will see where he learned to do what he did so well.

But my favorite role of his was from Dead Poets Society.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

This was one of my favorites. And while they modified the story a lot to make it more "appealing", I blame producers for that.

I am a MAJOR Asimov fan, and this is one of my favorite short stories he ever wrote. Hands down in the top 10 short stories for me.

And, I enjoyed it. And, much of that was due to Robin.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I wonder if they will place anything by his Inventor of The Year Portrait in Imagination at Epcot...
2541220311_0eaaa44724_b.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Robin Williams (12-28-90 "Carpe Per Diem". For his hand prints, he did right, left and another right. There are also the names of his second wife, Marsha, and his two children Zak and Zelda. His third child, Cody, was born November 1991 so does not appear.)

handprintcarpe.jpg

(That's the Chinese Theater, you know, that think behind the BAH at Hollywood Studios. He didn't do it at real Theater in LA until 1998)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom