Right park, wrong t-shirt

Disney-holic

Original Poster
I know in the larger scheme of things, this is no big deal, but it really bugs me to see someone at one of the WDW parks wearing a t-shirt from another theme/amusement park, be it Universal, Busch Gardens, Six Flags or any other. Excuse me, but in your whole wardrobe is that the ONLY shirt you have. It just seems like a slap in the face to the park you are in, to wear a shirt advertising another park. I feel the same way about someone who wears a WDW shirt to one of the other parks. I just think it's rude. This probably doesn't bother most people, & there are plenty of other things that are more rude, & I've never seen this in a list of complaints. Okay, I'll get down off my soap box now, & go back to planning my next trip to WDW. Thanks for letting me vent. Do you have something that bugs you, that doesn't usually show up list of pet peeves about WDW?

Disney-holic said:
I know in the larger scheme of things, this is no big deal, but it really bugs me to see someone at one of the WDW parks wearing a t-shirt from another theme/amusement park, be it Universal, Busch Gardens, Six Flags or any other. Excuse me, but in your whole wardrobe is that the ONLY shirt you have. It just seems like a slap in the face to the park you are in, to wear a shirt advertising another park. I feel the same way about someone who wears a WDW shirt to one of the other parks. I just think it's rude. This probably doesn't bother most people, & there are plenty of other things that are more rude, & I've never seen this in a list of complaints. Okay, I'll get down off my soap box now, & go back to planning my next trip to WDW. Thanks for letting me vent. Do you have something that bugs you, that doesn't usually show up list of pet peeves about WDW?

wow no comment

ddbutts1

I wear my Disney appearal at Universal when I go there. Just to say that they are not the only place that I go when I go to Orlando, but I never wear Universal stuff at DisneyWorld! That would be sacrilage! (sorry about the spelling, the dictionary's missing)

Nemo14

Several years ago, we were given passes to the taping of a show at Universal, and we were specifically told not to wear any Disney apparel.

As far as what to wear into WDW, the last I knew it was a free country! :brick:

Miss Bell

It's okay if I wear my Disney shirts at 6 Flags, right? I do it to say to the world, I may be in this inferior amusement park right now, but heart belongs to Disney.

Tim G

Disney-holic said:

Yes... I've got something that bugs me... :lookaroun

People who write absolutely absolute nonsense... :rolleyes:

I thought we're living in a free world... :rolleyes: remember?? the land of the free... :wave:

CatLady

Nemo14 said:
Several years ago, we were given passes to the taping of a show at Universal, and we were specifically told not to wear any Disney apparel.

If you want to be allowed to be a participant in one of the shows at Universal or SeaWorld (not that there's much audience participation left in the shows there), don't wear a Disney shirt. I know that no Disney shirts was a a guideline at SeaWorld, since they posted some of the audience participation photos on their web site.

Braves323

I am a former cast member who worked at Sir Mickey's in the MK and I was amazed by the number of people who would come in asking for Warner Brothers or Hanna Barbara merchandise. Some people link all animated characters together and truly do not know what characters are Disney and which arent.

DisneyDancer312

clothes

I never really thought about it, everytime we visit disney we go to universal. we love disney a zillion times more but if i decide to wear a universal tank top cuz its hot that day rather than a tshirt, just because thats what i own, i will. its not a fashion show. . :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
DisneyDancer312 said:
I never really thought about it, everytime we visit disney we go to universal. we love disney a zillion times more but if i decide to wear a universal tank top cuz its hot that day rather than a tshirt, just because thats what i own, i will. its not a fashion show. . :lookaroun

That's has been made very clear by MANY people. :lookaroun

disney.co.nr

it doesnt really bug me, in fact I think its kinda funny. Thats like saying its rude to wear a red sox shirt at yankee stadium, or wearing an american eagle shirt in an abercrombie store, or while at mcdonalds you order a whopper... i dont think its a big deal...

coasterphil

This is such a silly thread. Some people are just park enthusiasts and a lot of their shirts happen to come from other places. I know I've worn some shirts from other amusement parks to Disney, and I've never thought for a second that it was disrespectful because thats just silly.

disney.co.nr said:
it doesnt really bug me, in fact I think its kinda funny. Thats like saying its rude to wear a red sox shirt at yankee stadium, or wearing an american eagle shirt in an abercrombie store, or while at mcdonalds you order a whopper... i dont think its a big deal...

not rude, just stupid. go yankees!:D haha but no seriously, it doesnt bother me. for some people im just glad they are even wearing a shirt

Dwarful

I don't think I actually own a Universal shirt...but one year we wore our
"A Vacation to Remember" t-shirts from Disney to Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO. They made a big joke about it during the Saloon show ..about a rodent infestation and such...good natured fun. Never thought it was bad to wear WDW tshirts and we don't own any t-shirts from SDC. ....Now I'd never do something as dumb as wearing a cubs tshirt to Busch Stadium...that would be beyond bad taste..that would be taking your life into your own hands!

SewIn2Disney

Hahaha! I always joke about this with my family. We go to Hersheypark every single summer, and Disney about every other year (with this year being an exception....). I always tell them that they can't wear Hersheypark shirts to Disney, yet they are always allowed to wear their Disney shirts. But, I don't get upset about it....it's just a long running joke in our house. And, of course, they are NEVER allowed to wear a universal/warner brothers/non-disney cartoon shirt ever.

Now, as for mixing character groups in the same outfit.....I don't approve of that. You may not wear a pair of shorts with Mickey Mouse on them, with a Winnie the Pooh shirt and a Stitch hat. You must stay within one character group per outfit........hahahah (let the flaming begin....)

ilovepluto23

Disney-holic said:

it's not rude...it's ignorance. I just shrug it off b/c those people just seem dumb to me. Don't let it get to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom