Here are some tips for riding Mission: SPACE

1. DO NOT ride immediately after eating

During the Flight....
2. DO NOT lean forward
3. DO NOT look left or right
4. DO Keep your head back against the headrest and focus straight ahead

Enjoy your trip to Mars! :)

CTXRover

One quick thing, it goes with focusing straight ahead. According to what a CM from MS told me, ALWAYS keep your eyes open. If you feel funny at all, closing your eyes to help relieve it will only make you more ill. In fact, in some cases that "funny feeling" may just be the simulated weightless effect and will not stay long. (And in other cases, it may not be that effect, but still, try to keep your eyes OPEN at all times).

To those who are worried, don't be. As long as you heed the warnings and the above suggestions, you will have no problem with this. I find some rollercoasters, like Dueling Dragons at IOA, to make me much more sick than MS.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Here are some tips for riding Mission: SPACE

1. DO NOT ride immediately after eating

During the Flight....
2. DO NOT lean forward
3. DO NOT look left or right
4. DO Keep your head back against the headrest and focus straight ahead

Enjoy your trip to Mars! :)

I notice you left out: Wear a Cheap poncho so the vomit doesn't stain your clothes.

SpongeScott

Re: Re: Riding Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by JBSLJames
I notice you left out: Wear a Cheap poncho so the vomit doesn't stain your clothes.
Been on it yet? I know you're joking, but those instructions really do work. Don't follow them and you could quite well need that cheap poncho.

JBSLJames

Re: Re: Re: Riding Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by SpongeScott
Been on it yet? I know you're joking, but those instructions really do work. Don't follow them and you could quite well need that cheap poncho.

When my wife and I were at EPCOT back in the early 90's, we rode the Body Wars ride, and I practically got sick on that. I had to look down and close my eyes (I know, if I was LOOKING down, how could I CLOSE my eyes) or else I was going to hurl. After I steadied myself, I looked over at my wife (eyes open now) and she had her head bent down with her eyes closed as well.

I really don't know if I will be riding this, but thanks for the TIPS.

SpongeScott

Re: Re: Re: Re: Riding Mission: SPACE

When my wife and I were at EPCOT back in the early 90's, we rode the Body Wars ride, and I practically got sick on that. I had to look down and close my eyes (I know, if I was LOOKING down, how could I CLOSE my eyes) or else I was going to hurl. After I steadied myself, I looked over at my wife (eyes open now) and she had her head bent down with her eyes closed as well.

OK, take this from me. I cannot even ride a merry-go-round without getting sick because of the constant spinning motion. Now, I can do most coasters. I was set on riding M:S and disregarded the warning about not riding if you can't take spinning. I completely followed the instructions and did fine. You've got to try it at least once and see how you do just so that you can experience the ride. You don't know that you are spinning, but you can feel the g's. Enjoy!

P.S. I would NEVER ride Body Wars or Star Tours.

t3techcom18

I suggest everything that everyone says, but another little note:

Don't eat 2 hours before riding!

I follow this every time I ride it, and it works. The tip was given to me a year before the ride opened, when they had a CM out front, explaining the ride, who says he was an actual guinea pig for the ride. Also, if you are claustrophobic, don't go on it. I myself, is a little claustrophobic, but once the ride begins, you won't notice that the cabin is small.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Re: Re: Re: Re: Riding Mission: SPACE

body wars is awful!! The movie is out of sync just slightly with the motion so believe me when i say this...Lots of us get sick on that one (me included)

DME

I rode this 15 times this past week. I even went on 3 times in a row. I never got a sick feeling. I made sure to look straight ahead at all times.

Timmay

Another thing to do, from a medical stand point, to keep from getting nausea...breathe in though your nose and out through your mouth steady, deep, and at the same rate. You would be suprised at how much this helps with all sorts of things.

T.

BwanaBob

Originally posted by DME
I rode this 15 times this past week. I even went on 3 times in a row. I never got a sick feeling. I made sure to look straight ahead at all times.

Disturbing Mission:Space Experiment

se8472

Man...I did M:S 5x in a row 1 hour after giving blood and had no problem! :lol:

BUT!

I must say plz read the signs that are every 5 feet, they are every 5 feet for a reason.

I have seen just about every problem that thing has had (I guess I ride to much)

Frist time was when I was in a sim with some guy who didn't like closed spaces...start banging on the wall screaming help...that was not fun, I thought the door would blow open and we would die!

Then I was with some gir who ed on herself...that was so uncool

Then I remember the ride ending and for you peeps that know when you exit you can see inside the sim next to you...well the lady had like thrown up and passed out...not cool

None of that includes the times when we had to wait longer or even switch sim because the color we went in had someone do something...

But I remember one time when I went by myself and was in there with 3 germans...that was great lisiting to them and not understand a word coming out of there mouth.

Syrinxx

none of that bothers me now that i know what to expect on the ride i can look around ect ect. but those are indeed the warnings you get bombarded with all the way through the line and onto the ride, good advice if youve never been on it

Goodeone

About the whole wearing a poncho thing, my uncle recently went on the ride (after I suggested it to him) and was sick on the ride. Some of it got on his shirt and at the shop after the ride he was given a free t-shirt so that he didn't have to walk around the rest of the day with :hurl: on him. Has anyone else heard of things like this, not necessarily just MS but all disney rides, where somebody has recieved a free t-shirt after being sick?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom