Rides you refuse to go on?

Peters_Shadow

I personally can't ride It's a Small World, because of a tramatic experience I had on that ride when I was around 10 years old. :) While riding the ride, when I was 10, it broke down.. well the boats did. We were stuck listening to the song over and over and over and over and over again for about 30 mins. It absolutely felt like eternity, the song was forever etched in my mind. :brick:

When I went back in 2003 and brought my wife with me (her first trip) she wanted to ride. I reluctantly did so, obviously with my fingers crossed. Thankfully we made it without a breakdown. :sohappy:

Mia319

I REFUSE to go in the Tiki Room as well!!!! My first (and hopefully last) time in the tiki room, while standing in line, my boyfriend told his sister and i that we were waiting in line to go into a restaurant .. well, we were so hungry (and delierious from the heat) that we believed him that the tiki room was a restaruant... well about 5 minutes into waiting in line, the group behind us pulled out snacks and water bottles and started chowing down.... by bf's sister and i were both confused thinking, "why are they eating while in line for a restaurant" little did we know that we were really entering the WORST show in all of WDW! AGH!
General Grizz said:
Enchanted Tiki Room, Under New Management.

Maybe you could convince me to enter with an iPOD playing the original/Disneyland show, but otherwise, I'd rather not have my Adventureland ears pierced by Gilbert Gottfried and rap music for nine minutes. :hurl:

Also, i won't go on Mission: Space anymore either ... i got to ride it in the soft opening, and got super sick, and ended up spending a half hour sitting in the electric umbrella recovering.

mrtoad

I don't think there are any that I will refuse to go on but some I surely will not suggest to do as my wife and daughter might want to go in.

They would be:
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
Canada movie
China movie
Any movie...

Rotel1026

Raven66 said:
...and my DD will do everything! She doesn't like Dinosaur but she goes on it anyway and just covers her eyes.

Kinda had to chuckle at that, isn't that like riding with your eyes open since that's about how much there is to see inside? :lol:

There really isn't anything inside the theme parks I won't do. I love thrill rides and none of the Disney thrill rides are particularly creepy, I even surprised myself and did Insanity up on the Stratosphere at Vegas.

I don't know how to swim so I've never been to any of the water parks. I did the slide at Beach Club's swimming pool when I stayed there in 2000 and learned my lesson. You've never seen someone scramble to their feet so quickly after falling into the water.

DisneyFreak529

I will never NEVER refused a ride in disney!! I will go on it at least once! That goes with every ride!!!

I will not ride or see again.....

Canada show in EPCOT - My mother in law, my sister in law, & me all got sick to our stomachs watching this. It was just to much for my eyes & brain to process! :hurl:

Indy cars - I just don't care for it, I'm a bad driver and it's to silly for me!

Tom Sawyer Island - I think they put to many people on the little raft. I'm a little weirded out by being that close to some one on a boat in the middle of water.

Living with the Land - If you seen it once you don't have to see it again!

Body Wars - I like Star Tours but for some reason Body Wars make me soo sick! :hurl:

Hall of Presidents - I have fallen asleep throw the movie intro twice? I'm not a big History buff.

The shuttle to the airport. That's the ride I hate the most....

I agree I hate the shutte to the airport HOME!! :cry:

I've....I've never been on Dumbo. Flying elephants????

I can't believe you admitted that! I love that ride!!

mrtoad

DisneyFreak529 said:
Tom Sawyer Island - I think they put to many people on the little raft. I'm a little weirded out by being that close to some one on a boat in the middle of water.

I agree about them putting too many people on the rafts. When I was a kid I remember being on it and we were standing near a railing and there were so many people on it that water started to come up over the side of the raft past my ankles. I was a little freaked out.

mickeysgal

I refuse to go on the Winnie the Pooh ride (boycotting the destruction of the late Mr. Toad's Wild Ride). Mr. Toad's had (and always will have) special meaning to me. However, I will be taking my children (ages 3 and 1) the WDW in December... will see who wins that battle!!!!!!

DisneyFreak529

I refuse to go on the Winnie the Pooh ride (boycotting the destruction of the late Mr. Toad's Wild Ride).

I Love Winnie the Pooh!
I did go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in Disneyland and I loved that to!
I can see why someone would get upset over the destruction of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
It's to bad they can't bring it back!!

awalte7

I wanted to refuse the terror of terror. I lived on the 13th floor of my dorms and I was always terrified about someting happening when I was in the elevator. I had nightmares about it, so TOT was just a little too erie for me. PLus I HATE freefall rides. That feeling is the worst. Anywayz, my best friend kicked and screamed till I went on it. I absolutely loved it! I can't wait to ride it again.
I'm afraid to ride mission space. Even before the little boy died. It just sounds like it would make me sick.
That's about it though. I love disney rides.

alexis_fate

I am refusing to go on ToT, I rode this ride in April 05 so that I could my picture and prove I rode it. The camera failed to capture our ride so I missed out. Too bad!!! Never again. I thought I was going to die and my husband was not so happy he talked me into riding.

TiggerBW

General Grizz said:
Enchanted Tiki Room, Under New Management.

Maybe you could convince me to enter with an iPOD playing the original/Disneyland show, but otherwise, I'd rather not have my Adventureland ears pierced by Gilbert Gottfried and rap music for nine minutes. :hurl:

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THAT'S THE ONLY ONE I'D REFUSE TO GO ON. :wave:

TheREALGoof

rides i just wont go on anymore:

- Teacups
- Primeval Whirl

two very spinny rides that for some reason, my body cant handle ... i can ride any roller coaster and anything else at WDW, but those are the two i have to avoid.

beagle 1

They are a few:

1. Winnie the Pooh.
2. Dumbo the Flying Elephants.
3. Alladin Magic Carpets
4. El River of Tempio (sp) in Mexico Village

andcamss

WOW! A lot of people on this board that are scared of thrill rides...didnt expect that!

There are some rides I dont like but wont refuse to go on them. There is, however, a ride I could do without ever again and dont want to go on...

IT'S A SMALL WORLD

Most annoying ride I have been on.

DisneySam

There are no rides at WDW I will refuse. I am hesitant though on a few:

-TOT [Although I love the ride, the drop about kills me, we usually do this before Fantasmic so I have some time to recover.]
- IASW [This time around I want to see the updates]
- Indy Speedway
- Space Mountain [I love this ride too, but I always end up slouching down the whole time, seems very close]

Mystic

Rides I refuse to go on...

MK
Tea Cups
Hall of Presidents (not really refuse just don't really go on it)

EPCOT
Canada movie (granted not a ride but in serious need of updating. My office building isn't even in it)
Test Track unless I can get a fast pass

MGM
Rock n' Roller Coaster - my head can't take the corkscrews

AK
Kali River Rapids - I refuse to walk around the park soaking wet.

Firewolfe51

Absolutely, no questions asked.....Tower of Terror. I refuse to go to the top of something and fall. :hurl: My honey has chosen the Humunga Kowabunga @ Typhoon Lagoon. She refuses to pull bathing suit out of her bootie for days. :lol: On our trip in June/July that was our trade off. No ToT, No HK. Works well for us this way!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom