Rides you always get stuck on

The Magical Genie 123

Original Poster
Disney World's rides break down from time to time. Some more than others (Splash, HM, CoP). But besides those 3, what's a ride at the World that you've gotten stuck on more than once or twice? For me it's Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. It seems to get randomly stuck a lot, but it's a real advantage, allowing you to get more points. So, what's a ride that you get stuck on a lot?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We seem to have frequent stops on buzz which doesn't bother me if I get stuck in a spot where I can keep getting a lot of points. We used to always get stopped on test track too.

StarWarsGirl

Disney World's rides break down from time to time. Some more than others (Splash, HM, CoP). But besides those 3, what's a ride at the World that you've gotten stuck on more than once or twice? For me it's Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. It seems to get randomly stuck a lot, but it's a real advantage, allowing you to get more points. So, what's a ride that you get stuck on a lot?
That one tends to get stop to let wheelchairs on. Last time I was there, though, it was getting stuck pretty frequently. A CM told me it's due for a refurb next year.

Before Space Mountain got it's refurb several years back, I would walk up to it all the time and just say, "Down again?" And the CM's would act surprised like "Oh, it's never down!" PeopleMover stops a lot as well

Dinosaur, I think I've been on the ride when it has stopped 3 or 4 times. One of those times they turned the lights on and castmembers walked into the ride area to check something with the vehicles.

Marc Gil

Wow this is a lengthy list for me (kind of):

MK- POTC, HM, IASW, Winnie the Pooh (the ending), Splash Mountain.

Epcot- Spaceship Earth, Grand Fiesta Tour.

DHS- None

AK- Primeval Whirl

Weather_Lady

Do the Haunted Mansion "stops to load/unload every disabled or ECV guest" count?

I know I've harped on this on other threads, but last time we spent over 20 minutes getting through the 7 or 8-minute ride at the Haunted Mansion, because we stopped 5 times for 2-3 minutes each time!!! I HATE what that does to the continuity of the attraction (and we tended to get stopped in transition zones, with nothing to look at and that "michevious spooks" announcement playing ad nauseum). I wish they'd "fix" it by loading all of the disabled/transfer-assisted folks at once every 8 minutes, or by designing a loading procedure for folks who need assistance that doesn't require them to shut the entire attraction down every 90 seconds. I'm sure the folks who need assistance in transferring would appreciate a ride with only 1-2 interruptions just as much as the rest of us.

riverscu0m0

I always get stuck on splash in the laughing place for what feels like forever, even though it's probably a time short of 5 minutes. Once evacuated off of Buzz, it was weird. I didn't like it. Once got stuck on TTA for what also felt like forever, this one actually was close to at least half an hour, it was alright though I didn't mind because we at least got stuck in the shade and got to sit for half an hour haha

Britt

Do the Haunted Mansion "stops to load/unload every disabled or ECV guest" count?

I know I've harped on this on other threads, but last time we spent over 20 minutes getting through the 7 or 8-minute ride at the Haunted Mansion, because we stopped 5 times for 2-3 minutes each time!!! I HATE what that does to the continuity of the attraction (and we tended to get stopped in transition zones, with nothing to look at and that "michevious spooks" announcement playing ad nauseum). I wish they'd "fix" it by loading all of the disabled/transfer-assisted folks at once every 8 minutes, or by designing a loading procedure for folks who need assistance that doesn't require them to shut the entire attraction down every 90 seconds. I'm sure the folks who need assistance in transferring would appreciate a ride with only 1-2 interruptions just as much as the rest of us.
ooooooo Yes, we got stopped on this one for 2-3 minutes and we were in that weird backwards laying down position for what seemed like forever! Not cool!

FettFan

I've never been stuck because of a breakdown. [face_happydance]

The only times I've been on a stopped ride were because
a. Loading and unloading handicapped guests on an omnimover
b. Running too many boats (Splash, PotC, Small World)
c. The animals decide not to move out of the truck path on Kilimanjaro

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom