rides that scared you the most

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
What were the rides that scared the living :zipit: out of you? For me, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It was 1990. I was six, I thought I had a basic idea of what the ride was so I dind't think it'd be that bad. But I think the combonation of already being so young, so overwhelmed (I could never take be overwhelmed well. Especially at 6) and the ride being so wild and crazy, That I had my eyes closed through most of it, screaming my head off and crying when we got out. Fortunatly, It's a Small World cheered be right up, making it a sentimental fav. of mine :D
Flash foward to today. When convinced our little sister to go on The Haunted Mansion because as far as we knew, it wasn't that scary. Little did we know that the singing busts were used digital projection now so that they were a little more relistic and creepy, the bride in the bride in the attic got a major up date and was creepy as HELL, everything seemed darker, and I don't care what everyone else says. Everything seemed closer to me. :lookaroun So, my little sister was not happy with us for a while when she got out of the ride. :dazzle:

tn1999

Two WDW attractions have scared me.

When I was younger (11), my first Alien Encounter experience. This attraction then became my favorite, and still is, in memory.

and.. Countdown to Extinction (1998). I was overly horrified throughout the entire ride. The ride system itself, the dinos coming after you, the loss of traction, the meteor shower, and the ending. This is true adrenaline pumping entertainment. I love it.

Rcoaster809

I have always loved rollercoasters and thrill rides, so they usually do not get to me. My AE encounter was scary, but probably average. ToT though still gets me. This past summer was even worse because over the last year I developed a small claustrophobia problem. I think WDI just went all out to create that experience, and it still creeps me out way too much, and I love it.

MichRX7

Premium Member
I'm just barely older than MK so the ride that used to scare me the most as a kid was Snow White's Scary Adventures. I never liked the Queen turning around into the wicked witch.

HM of course was in there too, but my younger cousin (by one year) used to scream so much through the whole ride it used to make me laugh. I could hear her three or four doombuggies in front of us yelling at the narrarator to shut up.

Since1976

I was always scared by *idea* of the Haunted Mansion, rather than the attraction itself. I vividly recall looking at the park maps and shuddering at the description of 999 Happy Haunts waiting to greet me. I don't know if I ever believed there were real ghosts in there. Perhaps I did, and thought that the Disney people had just built a home for them.

Oddly, the next scariest for me was the Astro-Orbiter (or whatever it was called back in the 70s). I still have never ridden it, but I remember that I used to get queasy looking at old vacation pictures of those rockets high above the ground...

Valawen9

When I was little I was TERRIFIED of Maelstrom. Random, I know, because it's pretty wimpy. But I was sooo scared of going on it and I used to just put my head in my mom's lap and close my eyes the whole ride.:lol:

The Captain EO thing scared me too.:lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
As a little kid in the early 70s....Mansion. Just looking at it creeped me out.

After about age 12...nothing really scared me, but CTX/Dinosaur startled me quite a bit.:lol:

coln84

My first time on ToT caused be to be really freaked out more than scared. It was the forward movement that did it. At that time I couldn't understand how a drop right could move straight on a track.

AE always scared me, its a shame it was replaced (even though i adore Stitch).

Dinosaur scares me to this day at the atroid part, My face always looks the same at the picture because I always forget about it.

Mission Space still causes butterflies to form in my stomach even tough i have been on that a dozen times. However I know when I get butterflies then I am going to have an excellent time!

disneymonger

When I was little, my parents found it amusing to put me on Space Mountain. I don't do well in the dark and was always afraid I was gonna fall out! Now I'm 23 and I am still to scared to ride it...but I love RRC and BTM. Explain that? :hammer:

mitchk

In 1987 (my first trip) I went on Snow Whites Scary Adventure. I think back then it was still called Snow Whites adventure. Anyway, that ride scared the hell out of me. Dinosaur still scares me to this day, but the Haunted Mansion never scared me.
Oh, Valawen9, when I was at Epcot in 2002, I got to ride Maelstrom all by myself. It was about 8:58, and they were just getting ready to close the ride. I ran up to the load deck, and the only people there were the ones running the ride. I turned to leave, and the one CM said "don't you want to ride" I jumped in the boat, and was off, all alone. It was very creepy being all alone on such a detailed ride. I actually felt like I was in a land of Trolls, Vikings, Bears..ect. Bottom line it was a pretty scary experience:eek:

SewIn2Disney

My first trip, I was 4, and It's a Small World scared the stuffing out of me. My mom says I kicked and screamed going onto it, and cried for the rest of the day.
Space Mtn scared me so much I didn't ride it for the first time until I was 18.
Now, at 22, I hate ToT. Honey I shrunk the Audience, Its Tough to be a Bug, and the Haunted Mansion scare me, but I still go on.

My sister (17 now) is scared of Tom Sawer Island. She got lost in a cave once, and she refuses to go back. She also hates HM, last time we went, one of the CM's snuck up behind her, and scared her so bad she almost cried (and she was 16 at the time) hahahaaa.

MichRX7

Premium Member
SewIn2Disney said:
My sister (17 now) is scared of Tom Sawer Island. She got lost in a cave once, and she refuses to go back.

Hahaha, all these bring back so many great memories. Back when I was 8 and my brother was 12 our cousin got stuck watching us (she was 14) and we drug her over to TSI. First thing we did was zip right into a cave and hide out. She stood outside calling us for about 15 minutes and finally decided she'd better go inside. We both jumped out from behind rocks and scared her silly.

Yep, we got in trouble later in the day with our foks, but it was still worth it. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom