Ride/show you want to see go

Pete C

1. Haunted Mansion - I mean what is this...it's not even scary. They need to replace the ghosts with some freaky Ring-style chicks that get in your car screaming and terrify your kids for life. That should be the goal of this ride.
2. Space Mountain - What does it go, like 30 mph? Please, they should put a Top Thrill Dragster clone in there and have it burst out of the top and then come back down into the dome into a 1440 degree downward helix.
3. Pirates of the Caribbean - This was probably cool back in 1970s. Have these people even been on Spiderman? They need to tear down all the stupid puppets and install some serious HD screens in 4D with cannonballs firing at you while women get raped by Pirates.
4. Tower of Terror - Meh.
5. World Showcase - More like Bored Showcase. Should have free booze at every country featuring drinking games from each...that would make the rest of Epcot less boring too since everyone would be wasted.

:rolleyes: :brick:

cococola44

1. Haunted Mansion - I mean what is this...it's not even scary. They need to replace the ghosts with some freaky Ring-style chicks that get in your car screaming and terrify your kids for life. That should be the goal of this ride.
2. Space Mountain - What does it go, like 30 mph? Please, they should put a Top Thrill Dragster clone in there and have it burst out of the top and then come back down into the dome into a 1440 degree downward helix.
3. Pirates of the Caribbean - This was probably cool back in 1970s. Have these people even been on Spiderman? They need to tear down all the stupid puppets and install some serious HD screens in 4D with cannonballs firing at you while women get raped by Pirates.
4. Tower of Terror - Meh.
5. World Showcase - More like Bored Showcase. Should have free booze at every country featuring drinking games from each...that would make the rest of Epcot less boring too since everyone would be wasted.

:rolleyes: :brick:

::covers her ears:: Nioo nooo noo, not listening.

That is TERRIBLE :eek:

dpunky

At DHS:
Backlot Tour: Ever since they downsized it dramatically with the building of the stunt show ride, it is really not been a backlot tour. It's just a waste of time to ride a mobile for five minutes.
Great Movie Ride: I don't think they should get rid of it, but I think it needs a MAJOR refurb. It needs new theming, new sets, new ideas, etc.

At EPCOT:
Universe of Energy: The current ride with Ellen DeGeneres has played it's course and needs a change. Either a major renovation with new theming, or a new ride entirely.

Imagination Pavillion: Both Journey to Imagination and Honey I Shrunk the Kids needs to go. Heck, the whole Pavilliion needs to be destroyed and rebuilt into a venue that will utilize 100% of the building.

Innventions: Yes, this is not a ride, but the space is not being fully utilized, and hardly anyone goes into the building. Retheme this so that it gets people back into this venue.

Magic Kingdom:
Stitches Great Escape: I think a brand new ride needs to be put in here.

Tomorrowland Raceway: This needs to be refurbed and rethemed. The cars need to stop using gas and run on environmentally friendly energy sources. They should redo this like the one in Hong Kong, which I hear is awesome.

CThaddeus

You're right... why do you go? :veryconfu

Wow. I'm sorry, that is a dumb comment. Look, you can sit there on your little pedestal and say everything Disney does is perfect until you're blue in the face...but that doesn't make it so. Nothing and no one is perfect, and while these statements are but our own opinions, we are at least acknowledging that Disney isn't. The constant "yes-man" attitude toward everything is truly more harmful than any negative comments you might read here. We see something that could be improved, we note it. We love the Parks so much we hate to see something that feels substandard. Again, we realize these are OUR OPINIONS. This is an opinion-based thread, after all. Hello? "Ride/show you want to see go." If it offends you so greatly that some us us experess our disappointment in certain Disney attractions, then for gosh sakes, don't read them. Put me on ignore, if that helps you maintain your "all is exactly as it should be with Disney" stance. And why read threads like this? You know you're not going to agree with ANYONE who posts on it.
Obviously Disney doesn't think all is perfect with their world, or they wouldn't be changing them so frequently. Or is your stance that because Disney decided to change something, then that's okay? So, if some of us are saying Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment sucks, but you disagree because Disney does no wrong, then Disney goes and changes it in a year, does that mean that our opinion might have had some validity? No, no. Silly me. I'm just one of those minority fanboys you love to bash. Oh, wait. I can't be a fanboy, because based on your response, you seem to think I hate Disney World so much I shouldn't want to visit.
Disney does a lot right. Anyone who knows me knows I tend to give Disney the benefit of the doubt more often than any other theme park or movie studio. But again, they can - and lately often do - do wrong. When budget or cheap thrills are placed over a good story and attraction, I tend to be disappointed. Now, if you really read my post, you'll recall I mentioned I wanted to completely remove very few attractions. Most I simply felt would have been better as previous incarnations or with a little more Disney magic added to them. But, as I also mentioned, there are scant few attractions I don't still go on if I have the time when I visit. I am so willing to give Disney the benefit of the doubt I will go on something like Under New Management to try to find something to like about it (the beginning up until the Iago intro is about all I can come up with here) but there are a few like Lights, Motors, Action! I just couldn't stomach again.
Ultimately, what all this comes down to is this: criticism or dislike of elements of a whole does not indicate dislike of the whole. There are attractions at Disney World I'm not fond of. This does not in any way signify a hatred toward the whole World (such a jump in logic is not only preposterous but ridiculous). Improvements are always possible, but unless someone is willing to point them out (even if it is on an unofficial fansite) nothing will ever happen.
And of course all of these things are MY OPINION only...

wannab@dis

snip....

And of course all of these things are MY OPINION only...
Never said Disney does no wrong... that's the normal mantra that you like to throw out, but it's just empty rhetoric. As I posted earlier in the thread, this isn't about MY opinion of an attraction, it's about what someone else may like.

You really should understand since I've seen you make the same argument about SGE. You've gotten fairly defensive multiple times (even have it in your signature) when people talk about how SGE should be ripped out and replaced.

Many things have changed over the 30 years I've been to WDW and I sincerely HOPE changes will continue to be made. I go and enjoy my time at the world and I've yet to come away disappointed. In fact, I find my visits to be MORE enjoyable now than ever.

Think about all the potential first time visitors that may read your posts and the others on this thread. As Corrus mentioned a couple of posts above... based on this thread, nothing is good at the World and it ALL should be torn down.

Food for thought...

girlface

Original Poster
true

After reading what rides you all want to see removed,
we might as well demolish the complete resort and start all over again... :lookaroun :rolleyes:

Yeah we shoudnt really complain,some people would love to go to disney and were moaning about it.:hammer:

TikiBeckie

I cannot believe some of the attractions people want to get rid of :shrug:

The only thing I REALLY would like to see go are the Indy cars, the smell of them and noise being the biggest reason, and I think they could do better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom