Ride/show you want to see go

Hammer1310

Refurb:

JIYIWF - no question, bring back Dreamfinder!
SE - not really a thread unless someone complains about it
MS - a new mission, replace green. If you can't handle it don't ride it.
HISTA - saw it when it opened...don't need to again.
SM - I'd miss the original but this ride deserves to be greater
Jungle Cruise - just a matter of time, no toon tie-ins please
Indy Speedway - "Green" cars, more theming. Pixar "Cars", I'd rather not.
Backlot Tour - We still need some sort of tour, maybe just a prop museum and something to do with the Canyon but the rest is a joke. At least stop telling me about all the movies filmed there...when they still did that.
Star Tours - Any SW geek knows there's an unlimited amount of material to mine here. It deserves better.

Replace:
Ellen's EA - cool when it opened, ok when refurbed...just sad now. Give the pavillion a "green" post show too.
Skyway Fantasyland - a long queue between HM and IASW could lead to a ride.
Skyway Tomorrowland - I don't know....just sick of seeing it. Makes me miss the ride too much.
Sounds Dangerous - whew...what a waste
Backlot Tour - If it's going to go altogether, Nightmare Before XMas would be a nice fit here. Even better at XMas!
WoL - How is this still just sitting there? Take that half a billion from Night Kingdom and spread it around!

vilegirl

For me, DHS is the weakest park for rides. I'd keep TOT and RRC and get rid of everything else. When I go there, I eat lunch at the Brown Derby, ride TOT and RRC, do a little shopping at the stores at the front of the park (they seem to often have clothes that I never see anywhere else) and leave. I'm just not interested in doing anything else. Hopefully Toy Story Mania will change that.:)

jt04

Magic Kingdom

Send CoP to the new Walt Disney museum or the Smithsonian
Plow under Indy cars, the old TL skyway building and Poohs Playground

Turn the area from the old 20K site all the way to Space Mountain into Discoveryland and add;

The Little Mermaid Ride
20K from TDS
and possibly Journey to the Center of the Earth (without volcano) if there is space.

Gut Space Mountain and add version 2.0 (single track, non-inverting)....

...and do it all by WDW's 40th Anniversary!

:lookaroun

jt04

Epcot

Clear the Imagination and Energy and WoL pads.

Add a weather pavilion on the Imagination pad
Expand the Space pavilion by utilizing the old WoL spot
Rebuild Energy from the ground up featuring state of the art Energy technology exhibits....

....and do it all by WDW's 40th anniversary.

jt04

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Eliminate Backstage Tour and Sounds Dangerous.

Add Lucasland with Star Tours 2.0
Add Ratatouille Spinning Coaster to the empty building on Pixar Place
Clear pads between Pixar Place and Earful Tower so Pixarland can expand for many years...

....and do it all by WDW's 40th anniversary

jt04

Animal Kingdom
Give Joe a 1 Billion Dollar budget, let him use his imagination.....

.....and spend it all by WDW's 40th anniversary.

KaliSplash

Well, I don't quite remember what I said the last time this thread came around, but for the moment:
Pooh's play area.
Not a big fan of Stitch, but at least it doesn't scare children as badly as its predecessor. (yes, I know that's why some of you liked AE.)
I see no reason for the Dumbo replica in Adventureland.
Would like to see Journey changed back to include the open with Dreamfinder and Figment and the original song.
Not a big fan of the Circle of Life film.
Still have found anything in Innoventions I care about in 25 years, other than the food.
Also not fond of Sounds Dangerous, Playhouse Disney, High School Musical, American Idol, the current version of the Animation Tour or the Backlot Tour.
Not much at the Animal Kingdom that is awful, although I'm not a big fan of Conservation Station. But then, there's not as much at the Animal Kingdom period.

Minnesota

Conservation station all the way. I like the viewing the vet thing but the petting zoo's got to go. I have all those animals in my back yard. Something walk through to view more medical things or husbandry. I love the tiki room, the new one not as much as the old one though. I miss, lets all sing like the birdies sing tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet . Sorry I'm a sad little woman who really enjoys knowing all the words to the country bears.:shrug:

kc1296426

I really appreciate everything that WDW has to offer and I love how the CMs really put detail and thought into everything placed there, but there is one thing I'd love to see go: Universe of Energy. When I first found out about this attraction, it looked pretty big from the outside and it looked pretty awesome, I'm not going to lie! I thought it was going to be a huge place filled with rides, attractions, exhibits, hands on things, 3D movies, hell...why not a coaster to put in that huge thang? :lol: But I went inside. I sure regretted what I thought. That ride is the most...UGHHH. Not even gonig to start there. I think the imagineers could of put a little "umhp" in it and thought of something unique. But NOOO. Stupid Judy and stupid Ellen had to ruin everyone's good thoughts on a good pavilion. Lamesauce. *cross arms*

OilSlinger822

I really appreciate everything that WDW has to offer and I love how the CMs really put detail and thought into everything placed there, but there is one thing I'd love to see go: Universe of Energy. When I first found out about this attraction, it looked pretty big from the outside and it looked pretty awesome, I'm not going to lie! I thought it was going to be a huge place filled with rides, attractions, exhibits, hands on things, 3D movies, hell...why not a coaster to put in that huge thang? :lol: But I went inside. I sure regretted what I thought. That ride is the most...UGHHH. Not even gonig to start there. I think the imagineers could of put a little "umhp" in it and thought of something unique. But NOOO. Stupid Judy and stupid Ellen had to ruin everyone's good thoughts on a good pavilion. Lamesauce. *cross arms*

i definitely agree... the only reason I end up in there is for an AC break or to just get off my feet and take a nap:snore:

CThaddeus

Magic Kingdom
1. Under New Management - Bring back the original
2. Pooh's Playful Spot - They could do so much more with this. There's already Toontown Park just moments away.
3. Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor - I'd like to see Timekeeper back, but I'd settle for anything futuristic.
4. Galaxy Theater - A big waste of prime Tomorrowland space. Either run a futuristic show all the time or put a decent attraction here.
EPCOT Center
1. Test Track - Welcome to Todayworld 1995! And check your brain in at the door.
2. The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends - All right, don't kill it, just rework the whole story in the ride portion to actually have a glimmer of edu-tainment. Hit me with something about conservation, or the types of fish in the tanks...anything. This ride should have been in Fantasyland, not EPCOT.
3. Soarin' - Sorry, no edu-tainment and no forward-thinking. Maybe it would fit better in World Showcase.
4. The Imagination Pavilion - I love the building. Keep it. Just bring back Dreamfinder and the original Figment (use old recordings of Billy Barty) and give us something that once again inspires our imagination. A new 3-D film would be a great idea, too.
5. Maelstrom - So, you're telling me that the best thing about modern day Norway are oil rigs? Oye. At least "The Spirit of Norway" valiantly attempts to wash that bitter taste from my mouth...I don't know why people bypass it. I'd rather bypass Maelstom and go straight to the movie.
1. Lights, Motors, Action! - Hot, hot, hot! And I'm only referring to the temperatures you have to put up with to watch it. The show is Lame, Moronic, and Asinine!
2. Journey Into Narnia - Oh, yeah. It's gone! Hurrah! Here's hoping its successor isn't just a 10 minute ad for the film.
3. Fantasmic! - Don't kill it, just make it more like Disneyland's, and stop relying on the danged mist screens so much. How many villains do we really need to hear laughing and screaming?
4. Rock n' Rollercoaster - Again, don't kill it, just give me a better soundtrack without Aerosmith. I like the idea of being able to choose from a selection of different songs by various groups. That preshow is incredibly painful, too. Watching cardboard attempt to act isn't my idea of fun.
5. American Idol - A preemptive strike against an attraction I have ZERO interest in. I avoid reality TV like the plague, I don't want to see it in a Disney Park.
Animal Kingdom
1. Chester n' Hester's Dino-rama! - Cheap n' cheesy carnival junk with a semi-clever attempt to create a backstory. The area can still LOOK tacky, but the attractions should still be up to Disney snuff.
2. Kali River Rapids - I'll say keep it, but give it a better story. The queue and setup slideshow is great, but then it's really just a soakfest from that point on. There needs to be more going on. Add some animals to look at...something!

I'm going to add an edit to this because I know it looks like I hate a lot of Disney World. Actually, much of what I listed just needs tweaking or reworking (in my opinion) and I'd enjoy them much more. There are only a few I'd kill outright. I still visit almost every one of them when I go, though (LMA and Narnia being the only two consistent exceptions). I keep thinking if I go on them enough I'll find things about them I like (ie. great coaster in RNR, terrible group).

ravensworth

Magic Kingdom
1. Under New Management - Bring back the original
2. Pooh's Playful Spot - They could do so much more with this. There's already Toontown Park just moments away.
3. Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor - I'd like to see Timekeeper back, but I'd settle for anything futuristic.
4. Galaxy Theater - A big waste of prime Tomorrowland space. Either run a futuristic show all the time or put a decent attraction here.
EPCOT Center
1. Test Track - Welcome to Todayworld 1995! And check your brain in at the door.
2. The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends - All right, don't kill it, just rework the whole story in the ride portion to actually have a glimmer of edu-tainment. Hit me with something about conservation, or the types of fish in the tanks...anything. This ride should have been in Fantasyland, not EPCOT.
3. Soarin' - Sorry, no edu-tainment and no forward-thinking. Maybe it would fit better in World Showcase.
4. The Imagination Pavilion - I love the building. Keep it. Just bring back Dreamfinder and the original Figment (use old recordings of Billy Barty) and give us something that once again inspires our imagination. A new 3-D film would be a great idea, too.
5. Maelstrom - So, you're telling me that the best thing about modern day Norway are oil rigs? Oye. At least "The Spirit of Norway" valiantly attempts to wash that bitter taste from my mouth...I don't know why people bypass it. I'd rather bypass Maelstom and go straight to the movie.
1. Lights, Motors, Action! - Hot, hot, hot! And I'm only referring to the temperatures you have to put up with to watch it. The show is Lame, Moronic, and Asinine!
2. Journey Into Narnia - Oh, yeah. It's gone! Hurrah! Here's hoping its successor isn't just a 10 minute ad for the film.
3. Fantasmic! - Don't kill it, just make it more like Disneyland's, and stop relying on the danged mist screens so much. How many villains do we really need to hear laughing and screaming?
4. Rock n' Rollercoaster - Again, don't kill it, just give me a better soundtrack without Aerosmith. I like the idea of being able to choose from a selection of different songs by various groups. That preshow is incredibly painful, too. Watching cardboard attempt to act isn't my idea of fun.
5. American Idol - A preemptive strike against an attraction I have ZERO interest in. I avoid reality TV like the plague, I don't want to see it in a Disney Park.
Animal Kingdom
1. Chester n' Hester's Dino-rama! - Cheap n' cheesy carnival junk with a semi-clever attempt to create a backstory. The area can still LOOK tacky, but the attractions should still be up to Disney snuff.
2. Kali River Rapids - I'll say keep it, but give it a better story. The queue and setup slideshow is great, but then it's really just a soakfest from that point on. There needs to be more going on. Add some animals to look at...something!

I'm going to add an edit to this because I know it looks like I hate a lot of Disney World. Actually, much of what I listed just needs tweaking or reworking (in my opinion) and I'd enjoy them much more. There are only a few I'd kill outright. I still visit almost every one of them when I go, though (LMA and Narnia being the only two consistent exceptions). I keep thinking if I go on them enough I'll find things about them I like (ie. great coaster in RNR, terrible group).

Excellent! Well said and to the point, especially about reality shows - what lousy entertainment!

Tim G

After reading what rides you all want to see removed,
we might as well demolish the complete resort and start all over again... :lookaroun :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom