Ride Regrets

heartodisney

Original Poster
On our "06 trip to WDW, I did talk my wonderful wife (she has coaster phobia) into riding Space Mountain. She did ok, and deep down, I really think she enjoyed it. But she now will not try other rides...but will do Splash Mountain and BTM. :confused: I have to scramble to have to ride things, but luckly have a friend who is a CM and will ride ANYTHING with me. Anyone else have a similar story with regrets or ride moments of having to ride in the "single rider line"? :rolleyes: :lol:

drossjr

I'm lucky my fiance will go on evey ride and attraction with me. When we bring the kids though the younger one wont go back on TOT or try Aerosmith so I go with her older son which is fine but I miss riding the attractions with her

kcnole

My wife refuses to do SM. I talked her into doing it our first vacation and she said it was the worst thing she ever did. I don't see how a 27 mph coaster can be that scary. She however, loves Tower of Terror and I hate that ride. I don't know how she can find SM so scary but not ToT.

My only ride regret I've had lately was the new coaster at Universal. I'm not a fan of huge coasters because I can get motion sickness. It looked very calm and easy so I rode it. To me it was worse than the Hulk or Dueling Dragons ever were. I was sick for an hour after I got off of it. That's also the reason why I'll never try the spinning side of Mission Space or ride the teacups.

bgraham34

The only ride I ever had a regret on was Astro Orbiter. I was so dizzy from it I had to sit a good 20 minutes afterwards. Boy i hate that thing.

heartodisney

Original Poster
The only ride I ever had a regret on was Astro Orbiter. I was so dizzy from it I had to sit a good 20 minutes afterwards. Boy i hate that thing.

:eek: Interesting...this is one ride I have not done, I have seen the line, but I am so into so many other things, I just missed it...guess that "counts" as a regret...:D

Scooter

The only ride/attraction I regret riding was The Primeval Whirl.
That thing bounced me around like a pin ball.
I was sore for 3 days after I rode it.:(

kapeman

I've done the Top Thrill Dragster, the Millennium Force, Magnum XL-200 and others at Cedar Point and loved every minute of it. I love EE, RnRC and SM, but can't do the teacups!

LoriMistress

DH will only ride ToT 1-2 times per trip. He'll also ride M:S once. Everything else he'll ride non-stop. M:S makes him sick. I just hop on the single riders line (if they have one).

DisneyLeo18

On my last trip I brought a friend and his brother with me. The whole time waiting for the trip they kept saying they would go on the rides... we finally get there and I'm on RnRc and ToT by myself.. also all the coasters in IoA.

So I regret inviting them :brick:

tiaragirl

Had my first "single rider line" experience at HS last trip. ToT is my absolute favourite, and my parents had left my sister and I to watch Fantasmic for the evening. It was our last night, so I was looking forward to the last ride, in the dark, and loving life. And then Carly too a weak turn and woldn't ride with me. She LOVES the Tower, it was ridiculous. I was so mad.. I sent her to buy me candy and rode it alone :lol:

Such a good sister.

NiarrNDisney

The only ride/attraction I regret riding was The Primeval Whirl.
That thing bounced me around like a pin ball.
I was sore for 3 days after I rode it.:(

I think I am one of the few that will ride it over and over again, but I can admit I tend to be a little bruised and battered afterwards.
As for the topic - I can honestly say I wish my neice had a horrible memory and would forget where her Favorite ride is. Every trip she insists we ride Kali River Rapids and it never fails I end up having to ride it with her, I hate having to walk around the park soaked to the bone. Luckily wearing a pancho helps a little.

heartodisney

Original Poster
I have ridden Mission to Mars a couple of times and have seen grown men come out with family having to hold them up or prop them on benches...ya gotta keep your eyes forward on that ride! :lookaroun

wolf359

My only regret is NOT riding World of Motion on my first trip to EPCOT in 1994. By the time I returned in 1996 it was already closed and now it is essentially the only opening day attraction I never got to ride.

Courtney1188

I used to be the one who was terrified to do those rides and my comment is DO NOT try and force her to ride or try to talk her into it. One summer I went to Cedar Point (for those who haven't been there, they have tons of roller coasters) with my boyfriend and every time I did not want to go on a ride, it turned into an issue. I was willing to stand in line and everything, then just do the chicken exit, but he just couldn't get over it and kept trying to talk me into riding. It made what was supposed to be an enjoyable day into an extremely stressful one for me, and when he did finally talk me into riding I was terrified and totally shot for the rest of the day. NOT my idea of a vacation.

jmfuents

We brought my autistic son into It's Tough to be a Bug on our trip in August and he STILL refuses to go into any kind of theater because he's afraid things are going to come out at him.

Walt Disney1955

I don't regret any of these rides but I won't go on them again:
Star Tours, Mission Space, Mad Tea Party.

The motion sickness is what get me. The last place I want a massive head rush is WDW. This is the problem I have wth Star Tours. It is too shaky and you are enclosed.

Raven66

I don't think I regret riding it but RnRC is too much for me. Luckily our daughter will ride it with her dad so he doesn't have to go alone, but he wouldn't care if he had too. If I won't ride the kid will. Most of the time we ride everything together.

Mikester71

I used to be the one who was terrified to do those rides and my comment is DO NOT try and force her to ride or try to talk her into it. One summer I went to Cedar Point (for those who haven't been there, they have tons of roller coasters) with my boyfriend and every time I did not want to go on a ride, it turned into an issue. I was willing to stand in line and everything, then just do the chicken exit, but he just couldn't get over it and kept trying to talk me into riding. It made what was supposed to be an enjoyable day into an extremely stressful one for me, and when he did finally talk me into riding I was terrified and totally shot for the rest of the day. NOT my idea of a vacation.

I agree 100%! I am not a fan of coasters myself, although I have pretty much rode all the big thrill rides at WDW and a couple of the tamer ones at Cedar Point (Gemini, Corkscrew, Iron Dragon, Disaster Transport). But there is nothing worse than having your significant other, or whoever you happen to be with at the park, try to guilt you in to riding something you are not 100% comfortable with. My wife is pretty good for the most part. She will ride ANYTHING!!! But there has been a few times where she has tried to talk me and the kids into going on something we weren't too sure of. She will usually just end up riding by herself in the single line. ToT comes to mind here. Rode it our first trip in 2005, but haven't been able to get up the nerve to try it again the last couple of trips. She talked my daughter into going on it with her last trip, but then my daughter was all shook up after getting off of it and felt weird the rest of the day.

The best way I try to explain it to her and to others who think EVERYBODY should just feel totally comfortable riding coasters and that, is by telling them to think of something that makes them feel uncomfortable or scared (i.e., snakes, bugs, the dark, ...whatever) and ask them if they would like it if someone kept bugging them to pick up a snake or bug or made them sit in a room in the dark. It is funny when they say it isn't a good comparison though, because that is REALLY what they are asking of you. To go outside of your comfort zone!!!!:shrug:

MarkTwain

I don't think there are any rides I regret going on or not going on... :shrug:

...although admittedly, there are a lot of attractions I can't bring myself to ride in the first place! :lol:

(Looking at you, Rock'n'Roller Coaster...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom