Ride refurbs what would you do?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
mayoki said:
Universe of Energy...needs to be gutted and something new and exciting inside paid for by the 10 billion in profits the oil companies made this year.
But they would then have to charge you extra to visit their pavilion. :rolleyes:

bgraham34

After reading everyones opinion i have decided to go with the Great Movie Ride. i would love to see updated animatronics and some new scenes added.

MeTa

No offence but I think you are all nuts :p All the old stuff is the reason I like going so much. And I am only 25 years old. The newer stuff is in the same realm as the old for me.

Shellybelle

Peter Pan...I would make it so it could come to a stop so that getting on it would be easier wheelchair transfers, or for that matter maybe just put in a wheelchair boat that you could just drive the chair into.

Dragonrider1227

bgraham34 said:
After reading everyones opinion i have decided to go with the Great Movie Ride. i would love to see updated animatronics and some new scenes added.
Agreed. The Alien was actually kinda sad looking. :lol:

TLandGuy

Original Poster
Shellybelle said:
Peter Pan...I would make it so it could come to a stop so that getting on it would be easier wheelchair transfers, or for that matter maybe just put in a wheelchair boat that you could just drive the chair into.
Fully agree...

KaliSplash

Wonders of Life. The outer door seemed to be stuck the last time I tried to go inside.
Ditto Timekeeper, just couldn't pry my way inside.
The old SuperStar TV theater is also hard to get into these days.
Couldn't find the submarines at the Magic Kingdom last time, either.
And what about those Discovery Island Riverboats?

AliceFan

Shellybelle said:

I agree 100%! Peter Pan needs to be more wheel chair friendly. It needs to be completely redone. The AA's inside are falling apart, (Literally) and the scenes needs a great deal of touch ups. You can't tell because it is so dark in the ride, but if you have ever been on when the lights go on, you might feel faint from the horrible sight. Plus, I don't know if any of you have had the pleasure of waiting in the wonderful queue line, in the middle of a wonderful FL rain shower, but the water from the roof, yeah the drains are right in the middle of the queue and therefore the queue floods! Guests get soaked all the time. It is horrible!

NadieMasK2

Jungle Cruise - not sure what but it needs some updating, maybe some better AA's, more excitement.

SSE - just needs technology and special effects updates.

Peter Pan - don't change it just spruce it up.

PoTC - convert to DL's version complete with Blue Bayou.

dthieme

Several rides come to mind

1. The Great Movie Ride

They changed the script a few years back and made it worse not better:brick: I think if they stuck with the classic movies. Even add a few modern classics like Star Wars, Big, or Titanic. The script should be more like the backlot tour, or living with the land. Perhaps even change it into a special FX demo by using a green screen and adding the audience into a scene.

2. Carousel Of Progress

New sound track. The first 3 rooms should remain the same with improved audio and animatronics. The final room does not even present the present let alone the future. Oh, and the seats are beyond repair, replace them.

3. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Bring it back! :sohappy: A modern approach to this classic ride would be welcomed. Have you notice car companies are bringing back the Muscle cars of the 60's, 70's to apeal to those of us who liked them when we were to young to afford them. The same approach will work at Disney. Make us a modern classic that gives us the same feeling we had in the 70's.

4. Diamond Horshoe Saloon

Make it a "Minnie" (Pun intended) Hoop-Dee-Doo Review again. Make it a reservations suggested high end dining option.

5. Main Street Theater

I miss the old cartoon theater that used to be on Main Street.

6. Cineralla's Castle

The outside is fine. It needs an attraction inside. Disney is the best at providing these kinds of attractions. Something like Bugs Life except with Royal appeal and geared towards little girls.

I Guess 6 is enough.

Rleffler

steviej said:
you wanna know which ride I would refurb? When the new pirates of the caribbean opens, I would close it, take out the movie characters, and put it right back to the classic it was.
Couldn't agree with you more...the idea of America-hating Johnny Depp in what of my favorite Disney rides really saddens me.

MonkeyHeadCup

I would have to agree - I've been reading these forums for a few years now and just joined... that post just doesn't seem to be in the spirit of these forums... it seems to spoil a little this world we all love and like to escape to with garbage from the "Real" world... that really saddens me...

sgmco

In no particular order (other than by theme park)

MK-Haunted Mansion, POTC, Tiki Room, CoP, Jungle Cruise, HoP (Do we really need the current Commander-In-Cheif to drone on and on...this goes for Clinton and Bush), Indy Speedway (totally revamp the track ala Disneyland).

Epcot--HISTA, Canada, SSE, Malestrom (longer, please).

DMGM--GMR, Backlot Tram Tour, Millionaire (replace it), Sounds Dangerous (ditto), Star Tours (new film).

DAK--Rafiki's Planet Watch (make it worth repeat visits). Dinosaur (make it more than an over-priced dark ride).

CThaddeus

MonkeyHeadCup said:
Yeah - the backlot tour at MGM is a little sad these days... I always liked the house facades...

As much as I hate to say this, the Backlot Tour is one attraction Universal Studios (Hollywood) kicks Disney's rear. Where theirs is a 50 minute tour that has a number of sub-attractions along the way (Jaws, the Red Sea, the Big One, King Kong, etc.) as well as numerous frequently used movie sets, Disney's is much shorter trip through barely used sets, and only one actual sub-attraction (Catastrophe Canyon). It really lacks any magic. I'm not a fan of Universal, but that's one attraction they did get right...and considering Disney's tour came after theirs you might have thought they would try to blow Universal's tour away. Instead, it seem like little by little they're actually trying to eliminate it. Yeah, I'd definitely add this to my list of attractions to rehab. I think I'd start from scratch on this one, though. Some ideas might be - actually have TV and movies shoot there with some consistency again, a TRON "attack of the MCP" section, a trip through the Narnia sets (though I didn't care much for the movie, it would add a snowy area to the backlot), a London area with a Mary Poppins scene (on a much larger scale than The Great Movie Ride's tribute), an Armageddon-style meteor attack section (again, didn't care for the movie, but it would make for a cool demonstration a la The Big One), a world section with each set section resembling a different type of exotic architecture (Japan, India, Russia, etc. Kind of like a World Showcase for filmmakers), and whatever else the Imagineers could come up with. I suppose they could leave Catastrophe Canyon, and the boneyard should be covered up so those vehicles don't rust away in those harsh Florida elements.

Rleffler

MonkeyHeadCup said:
I would have to agree - I've been reading these forums for a few years now and just joined... that post just doesn't seem to be in the spirit of these forums... it seems to spoil a little this world we all love and like to escape to with garbage from the "Real" world... that really saddens me...
"The spirit of these forums"...Oh come on guys...it's place a to share opinions. I just love that ride, hate that it won't be open when I am there and not thrilled that its been changed for the reason it is...

The ride is a piece of Americana...just saying.

EnchantedPrincess

Bring Back 20,000 leagues under the sea (vaguley remember when I was 5 Get rid of Stitch Great Escape (hated when it was Alien Encounter too) Jungle cruise needs serious help, though I love it it's classic. Peter pan needs sprucing up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom