Ride refurbs what would you do?

steviej

you wanna know which ride I would refurb? When the new pirates of the caribbean opens, I would close it, take out the movie characters, and put it right back to the classic it was.

Connor002

steviej said:
you wanna know which ride I would refurb? When the new pirates of the caribbean opens, I would close it, take out the movie characters, and put it right back to the classic it was.

Really? Funny... it hasn't even finished and already we judge...

SirGoofy

Haunted Mansion. Oh, the fun I could have with that ride. This wouldn't be a rehab, it would be an overhaul. Add updated effects, just redo ALL the doombuggies with better audio, and try to make the track less jerky. I would try to add the hatbox ghost, if the effect would work.

Dragonrider1227

Space Mountain COULD use newer cars that are two-seated and actually look like they can hold you. The ones they have now made me think I was gonna swing off. That was the only problem I had with it though however, again it was my first time on it so I wouldn't know what it was like before

wdwishes2005

Like some others, SM. I would start it out in a lit room that looks like the FL coast, ( you are vertical here. ) you hear a countdown, and BOOM! LIMs launch you 75 MPH through a portal into ' space ' with meteors, and the works, maybe a black hole, and keep the queue exactly the same except the exit.

CThaddeus

Five attractions come to mind:

Under New Management - I'd simply return the original show and add the Disneyland preshow. Iago and Zazu could be better used in Animal Kingdom or something.
Journey Into Your Imagination - Same thing. Bad current show out, good original show in...or something very similar to it with Figment AND Dreamfinder.
Pirates of the Caribbean - Redesign the whole attraction to more closely resemble Disneyland's, with perhaps some of the cool Disneyland Paris audio-animatronics.
Test Track - World of Motion returns. If everyone so desperately needs the speed rush at the end, it can even be left in. Just give me the original inside, with updates to the audio-animatronics and spiels where needed. Welcome back Gary Owens!
Wonders of Life - Update the interior to make it more "today." Give Body Wars a state-of-the-art makeover (maybe 3-D as well?), and leave Cranium Command and The Making of Me alone. I might also extend the building so that it comes out to the main walkway and doesn't seem so hidden behind all the trees. I've always felt that was it's greatest liability.

I disagree with all the Fantasyland attraction updates, though. Maybe they could use a fresh coat of paint, but the attractions themselves hold up well, in my opinion, anyway. My only suggestion would be the previously mentioned remodel for the land itself. Disneyland's current Bavarian look is so much more enchanting than the carnival look of The Magic Kingdom. I think some things SHOULD be duplicated between Parks, when they're good enhancements.

ballewclan

I think SM needs a rehab. I would replace everything. I would make the track smoother and the cars a little bit more futuristic looking (not 1970 type futuristic). I would add alot more props to the ride and update the lift area. A nice audio would be good but no music, more audio of space and the rocket your flying in. Also the queue could have a nice update including some of the same 3-d effects but an update of the flooring and paint.

Overall keeping the ride classic but adding a nice crisp look to it.

zone15int

se8472 said:
May you push the lift run....

Bite your tounge!:p

AAAHHH THE TRAIN IS GOING BACKWARDS!!

I think the attraction in the most need of the refurb is...... dun dun dun!

Spaceship Earth. Also, Tom Sawyer Island.

park_hopper4

I hope Disney renovates many of their older attractions, making it more appealing to the modern audience without losing its glory. Just as long as the ride doesn't lose its magic, and they don't do rehab when I am at the parks, I am up to it.

TLandGuy

Original Poster
Actually I thought it was a fun one... Better than most who cares about Zone 15 when you got Zone 9!!!:lol:

TLandGuy

Original Poster
Awww and i thought you were talking about 9 on A O' well still a funny story! Kinda sticks for you though...

mayoki

Universe of Energy...needs to be gutted and something new and exciting inside paid for by the 10 billion in profits the oil companies made this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom