Ride Breakdowns!

Goofy20

Original Poster
I don't know what the deal was this weekend but the rides seemed to be breaking down a lot. Test Track broke down while we were on it so we went on it again and it broke down again, we waited in line for Space Mountain for an hour and then what do ya kno...it breaks down too! Not too suprising considering but still. They told everyone to leave the building andturned the lights on so we could see the track with the lights on And of course another one that loves to act up, the Haunted Mansion.

MansionFan415

Well, if you're lucky maybe you can get broken down on Tower of Terror after you make it through the blue room and RIIIIGGHHHT before your first drop, and they'll have to take you out the back door of the elevator and through the blue room all lit up....................

Ok, that was me, and I thought it was fun!:hammer:

JROK

Haunted Mansion usually doesn't "breakdown" but pauses for a few minutes to let handicapped guests on and the like...

But yea, Disney is having a rough week. First the rape cases, now broken rides, and I read that something bad may have happened at Typhoon Lagoon... what's the world coming to?!

DonaldDoleWhip

When I was in Disney, BTM went down for a few minutes. We were at the very top of the third lift.

Splash also went down for me. We were in the beginning of the final lift. It was hilarious because we heard the full vulture cycle about 10 times.

Test Track, makes sense.

peter11435

JROK said:
Haunted Mansion usually doesn't "breakdown" but pauses for a few minutes to let handicapped guests on and the like...

But yea, Disney is having a rough week. First the rape cases, now broken rides, and I read that something bad may have happened at Typhoon Lagoon... what's the world coming to?!

Well the rape case turned out to be fake.

As for the ride breakdowns many times they have nothing to do with the ride itself "breaking down" but rather what I like to call a "stupid guest incident" that trigger an E-Stop. Things dropped onto tracks (happens often on Dinosaur) people standing up (happens often on Splash and TTA) and guests not loading quick enough (happens often on UoE and most Omnis). And then you have the many times rides stop to allow handicap guests to board (SSE, HM, etc).

se8472

I still don't think anyone can really complain unless you experienced the black out of Christmas day. That my friends...was a day of days.

But really, breakdowns happen. There isn't anything anyone can do to give a 100% guarantee that any given attraction will be running at any given time. Just like your car can't give a 100% guarantee it will start every time we want it to start...and that’s a $20,000 piece of machinery that we are still making payments on and can't remember where we last parked it. BUT, we can still try. :)

imagineersrock

se8472 said:
I still don't think anyone can really complain unless you experienced the black out of Christmas day. That my friends...was a day of days.

Oh dear... were you working that day? :eek:

It was the talk of our break room over at Epcot that morning! How long did it last again? I can't even begin to imagine what that must have been like.

Tom

Beta Return
MansionFan415 said:
Well, if you're lucky maybe you can get broken down on Tower of Terror after you make it through the blue room and RIIIIGGHHHT before your first drop, and they'll have to take you out the back door of the elevator and through the blue room all lit up....................

Ok, that was me, and I thought it was fun!:hammer:

Hmmm....they could package that and call it a tour and I'd pay big bucks for that same experience. I'd pay LOTS for an "inside the rides" tour - but with liability and all, they'll probably never do it!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
edwardtc said:
Hmmm....they could package that and call it a tour and I'd pay big bucks for that same experience. I'd pay LOTS for an "inside the rides" tour - but with liability and all, they'll probably never do it!
I'm right there with you on this !!!

"Inside The Rides" here we come!!:sohappy:

se8472

imagineersrock said:
Oh dear... were you working that day? :eek:

It was the talk of our break room over at Epcot that morning! How long did it last again? I can't even begin to imagine what that must have been like.

yeah, it was interesting to be standing there and start pondering where all the music and speils had gone...and slowly it hits me....nothing is working.

But it really wasn't that bad. Most guest were very understanding but it did take a few to get all of the attractions running again..

rentNdisney

my best breakdown was on RNR. we did the whole take off thing, went up, but then came back down. then the music turned off and next the lights came on. thery got us out of our cars and we had to walk out along the tracks. muy fun. i even took pictures.

etrimpe

My best (funniest) breakdown was on the Norway ride. I am a "person-of-size" and so is most of the rest of my family. We were getting on the ride with another lady and her son. When we reached the boat, we let the castmember know that, in case she couldn't see, we were very big people and it might cause problems. Our warnings were not heard, and we were told to get on the boat anyway. We bounced along the bottom the whole ride, until the end when we got stuck. Several cast members came out in waders and pushed, and pushed and pushed until we finally got up on the ramp and were able to leave.

After we wandered thru the giftshop we noticed that the ride had closed. I walked up with my brother and asked what had happened. In a Noreweigan (sp?) accent she said "some really big people got on the ride and it sunk". Being the shy guy I am, I said, in a little louder than a normal voice "Those big people have feelings too", we were rolling and didnt stop laughing for over an hour.

Hmm...just read that back...guess you had to be there......:snore:

disneydata

se8472 said:
yeah, it was interesting to be standing there and start pondering where all the music and speils had gone...and slowly it hits me....nothing is working.

But it really wasn't that bad. Most guest were very understanding but it did take a few to get all of the attractions running again..
That's nothing ... try searching a pitch black room for 4 flashlights, finding none, then forced to evacuate the Haunted Mansion using nothing but a cell phone for a light source.

"Now, bodies, be careful ... there is a lot of stuff to *OUCH* trip on."

ISTCrew20

disneydata said:
That's nothing ... try searching a pitch black room for 4 flashlights, finding none, then forced to evacuate the Haunted Mansion using nothing but a cell phone for a light source.

"Now, bodies, be careful ... there is a lot of stuff to *OUCH* trip on."
Man, that's crazy.

I had just finished changing when it went out, so I had to get through locker room (the back room), and all the way up to Main Street. The tunnel is scary enough with the lights on

A "Ghost" Host

Well just last night the mansion had to close down. Around 7-ish, we were having major technical difficulties and had to evacuate the guests. All the lights turned on and people took it as a koddak moment ;)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A "Ghost" Host said:
Well just last night the mansion had to close down. Around 7-ish, we were having major technical difficulties and had to evacuate the guests. All the lights turned on and people took it as a koddak moment ;)
Man, I always miss the cool evacs!! :hammer:

Mecha Figment

last thursday me and my date were on startours it started fine and when the blinds lowerd no sound at all. we got through half the ride before it stoped and reset to base. we did get to ride it again. after all we had to. the seat belts still had us locked in.

peter11435

Mecha Figment said:
last thursday me and my date were on startours it started fine and when the blinds lowerd no sound at all. we got through half the ride before it stoped and reset to base. we did get to ride it again. after all we had to. the seat belts still had us locked in.
I had the exact same thing happen a few years ago. Although they moved us all into another cabin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom