Ride Breakdowns!

BrittanyRose428

ive been stuck on-
Haunted Mansion (but I think they stopped to let a handicapped person on, so I wouldn't say it broke down)
Monorail (I think they said the track got struck by lightening but it was fixed in about ten minutes)
It's A Small World - That was torture, the song was in my head for weeks
The Maelstrom (sp?)

and my mom's sunglasses went flying off on Dinosaur and watched a whole video of us on the ride after to see if thats where she lost them, that was fun...

karjame

We where on the PoC and the ride stopped. After about 20 minutes someone can out with waders on and pushed the boat over to a landing. We had to get out of the boat and go out a back door. It was neat because we saw parts of the ride that we never saw before. Plus everyone in the boats where haveing a good time looking at the ride with the lights on.:wave:

wdwishes2005

Ah.... I went on IASW once after the rehab to see what had changed. Of course, it stops in the 2nd to last room for 25 minutes. I thought I might jump out and swim for it.....

BuzzComplexCM

Before I left my job in T-Land, I wanted to ask Fantasy Land attraction CM's how they would E-Vac Peter Pan, granted I forgot to ask. Any CM's here know how they go about E-Vac with Peter Pan?

Thanks!

disneydata

BuzzComplexCM said:
Before I left my job in T-Land, I wanted to ask Fantasy Land attraction CM's how they would E-Vac Peter Pan, granted I forgot to ask. Any CM's here know how they go about E-Vac with Peter Pan?

Thanks!
There are multiple platforms through the ride that the ships can be moved to and evaced from.

BuzzComplexCM

disneydata said:
There are multiple platforms through the ride that the ships can be moved to and evaced from.

That makes sense. I guess my main questions should have been how do the CM's get out to the ships to make the initial move to these platforms. I would hate to see them crush London!!!

well see disney gives them these little watches that make them shrink to the size of ants and then they walk thru the streets of london and too the platforms ...lol...j/k..my guess would be that the platforms are at points were doors to the inner hallways are so they can access things from there.

disney9752

i never had the pleasure before it passed away, but read the emergency evac manual for skyway, wow what a mess. ladder trucks from reedy creek & mutual aid agreements with orange county fire rescue, & florida power trucks would be used to pluck guests from the cabins, most of fantasyland & tomorrowland would be closed so the trucks could move easier from cabin to cabin. did anyone ever notice the little pouches on top of the cabins?? there was supposed to be paper, pen & some other items that could be reached with minimal effort from inside the cabin so guests could communicate with cm's on the ground easier.

b21nhl

i was working one afternoon when this family comes up to me at an ice cream stand. they had a bunch of those no strings attached coupons. it turns out that star tours had set off the fire sprinklers in one of the ships while they were in it. disney paid for all new clothes and everything! i wish i had been on that ride at that time!

peter11435

1disneydood said:
What is a no string attached coupon? Is it like a vouchure or something? I'd have to save it just to frame it. :lol:
Its a tool for guest service recovery. Cast Members can use them to give guests replacement ice cream, popcorn, etc and for other things including front row seats at shows.

JMelrose

RnRC

We got evac'ed off the highest point of RnRCoaster a few years ago. We launched, as usual, and then just after the loop I noticed the lighting was odd. As it turns out, the emergency lighting had come on in the lower parts of the ride. Then we got to the highest point and there's section of brake track, and we stopped there as all the lights in the building came on.

Lemme tell ya, they are better off turned OFF on that ride. Anything not coaster space is pretty much storage. It is just a dirty old warehouse. And the theming signs look awful in the light (and don't look all that great in blacklit anymore either. The Mummy got the effects right for a ride like this.)

Anyway, we had to sit and wait, and then 3-4 cast members came up to the evac platform and led us down individually. A little scary, but not too bad. i was excited to be able to walk through RnRC and see it in a new way. It's not pretty though, that's for sure.

By the way, when I went with a girl who had never ridden a coaster before. She got a first ride she won't forget anytime soon! We did get ride-again fastpasses as we came into the exit gift shop, so that was nice anyway, and she enjoyed it the 2nd time around.

No Strings Coupons rule! Best way to make guests happy ever! I only got to write out a few in my time, but they always made people go away from a problem situation much happier!

MacDuffieMuppet

Kali River Rapids

a few years ago when i was with my aunt and uncle and cousin we went on Kali River rapids and my uncle hurt his knee in a coast guarding accident so its hard for him to get on rides that have a moving platform. So they pulled us aside and took us with a few other families who also needed help getting onthe ride. So we boarded the boat and the cm pushed the button to let our boat out of the loading dock. she hit the wrong button causing the whole ride to stop. we were in the middle of the lift hill in the middle of the florida sun at like noon. we waited over an hr to be taken off. there were 3 boats behind us and two infornt of us. they had to call the fore department to help get another family on our boat off because she had trouble walking, and we were at a bad angle. so we finally got off the boat and we were given water and told that if we come back later we could go back on, but we ended up not going back because the rest of our family was going to meet us at mgm and an early dinner at the prime time cafe...

i have also been stuck on space mountain. and delayed on test track, se, and hm

RenegadeMilkmen

The only time a ride ever broke down for me was when I was about 10 years old. It was Horizons, an old ride in Epcot, Mission:Space replaced it. It just froze and we were forced to listen to the same audio anamatronic speach over and over. Meanwhile, we had my autistic sister in the ride, and after a while, she started to scream because she got impatient. Then some CM's came and let us out, there was actually doors in the back of the ride vehicles that we had to climb out of and walk to an exit.

TheBeatles

one time i peed my pants on star tours and as soon as i started going, the ride broke down. for the longest time i thought i was the cause of the ride breaking. well... i dunno...maybe i was the cause.:lol:

MSTINKHERBELL01

etrimpe said:
After we wandered thru the giftshop we noticed that the ride had closed. I walked up with my brother and asked what had happened. In a Noreweigan (sp?) accent she said "some really big people got on the ride and it sunk".

Not very nice at all. I'm sorry about her comment...Not tactful at all!:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom