Ride Breakdowns

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Does anyone happen to have any particular experiences (good or bad) of being on a ride anywhere in WDW when it broke down? What happened and what did you do to pass the time?

If there were any that I'd prefer to be on if it ever broke down, they'd be Spaceship Earth, Tomorrowland Transit Authority (preferably in the dark), Peter Pan, or Haunted Mansion.

NowInc

O man...no matter how many times we discuss this topic..I always enjoy it!

Some new ones that I have had "issues" on::

Broke down on Pirates...RIGHT at the end where the whole "Treasure" scene is....its really annoying to be able to see where you would be getting out, but cant quite get there. 20 minutes later, we started moving...

Broke down on mansion a few months ago in the "backwards" position....I fell asleep so I dont know how long i was there..

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Once we broke down in the Haunted Mansion...not once...but twice during the 1 ride. I think the first one was like 10min... right by the hand coming out of the coffin scene...and the door knockers were driving me insain..LOL I forgot where were were during the second break down a min or two later...

And the other ride that broke down on me...was spaceship earth...right at the top...right in front of the moon...it was like 10min...but it was kewl...and peacefull...

DisJosh

Spaceship earth is expcected to break down lol. I have it breaking down on tape. In the begining of it I made sure I called out that I bet it would break down and it did! Thats right! I got my psychic abilities recorded on tape! :D

Pirates always seems to break down at the end......
I've had one ot two experiences with HM.

By far my fav ride to be on when broken down though is Buzz lightyears space ranger spin! You should have seen my score! The couple in the car behind us were staring at my friend and I while we sat there hunched over our lazers in a non stop frenzy of infradred fire lol :D

kevlightyear

The best experience I have with this is when I got stuck on Pirates very near the end. Half of out boat was through the tunnel half wasn't. I taped a bit of it. There was some sort of electrical storm and they couldn't get anything working. The boat in front of us was pulled forward and unloaded onto the treasure scene with a mini bridge. Of course the kids played with the coins and such. We, instead, were pushed back quite some ways and were unloaded without the bridge. It was hilarious because the girl behind us was a drama student from NY and she narrated part of my videotape. We got to go behind the scenes and they led us out from behind in groups. It was awesome.

NowInc

Originally posted by kevlightyear
The best experience I have with this is when I got stuck on Pirates very near the end. Half of out boat was through the tunnel half wasn't. I taped a bit of it. There was some sort of electrical storm and they couldn't get anything working. The boat in front of us was pulled forward and unloaded onto the treasure scene with a mini bridge. Of course the kids played with the coins and such. We, instead, were pushed back quite some ways and were unloaded without the bridge. It was hilarious because the girl behind us was a drama student from NY and she narrated part of my videotape. We got to go behind the scenes and they led us out from behind in groups. It was awesome.

Hehe...I didnt want to mention it (because I didnt want to give anyone any bad ideas)...but when we were stuck at the end, we all got off the boat and acted like animatronics....The CMs werent very amused...I wonder why ;)

PrincessAriel

The last ride I have been stuck on was Splash Mountain for like 15 minutes. (Boy that was fun). And I got stuck on the Monorail while the redid the systems. Ugh I hate being stuck on rides :lookaroun

Smee

Was broke down on the old Skyway once, right above F-land, great view-enjoyed it.

Also have been stuck on splash mountain right before the last big scene, where the water is cascading on the right side of the boat. It was a hot day and my son loved it.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by DisJosh
Spaceship earth is expcected to break down lol. I have it breaking down on tape. In the begining of it I made sure I called out that I bet it would break down and it did! Thats right! I got my psychic abilities recorded on tape! :D

Pirates always seems to break down at the end......
I've had one ot two experiences with HM.

See...I always wanted to get stuck on Pirates...but never did...I just think it would be cool.

When I was really little my parents and I got stuck on the skyway...then...i belive, they went into a story about how once..the line snapped..at someother park (six flags/Marriots) and people died ..and I was terrfied....Parents are great, arnt they?

Monorail Lime

Space Mountain broke down when I was on the part where it pulls you up hill. It was pretty cool because they had to turn on the lights while fixing whatever was wrong. We were stuck there for about 20 minutes and I got some great pictures of Space Mountain all lit up. :)

ToTBellHop

Dinosaur broke down right at the scene where the Carnotaurus comes down from the ceiling (right near the end, at the climax of the ride). We were in COMPLETE darkness for about five minutes before the emergency lights came up, at which point we got a kewl behind the scenes look at the ride! We happened to be right where the problem was--the Time Rovers run on hydrolics, and one of these hydrolics had exploded, leaving oil all over the ride path. On top of that, we were on a hill, so they got everyone else off the ride before us...then they had to clean up all the oil because if one of us had slipped...lawsuit. Anyway, they eventually led us out by walking down the rest of the track, and gave us a universal fastpass.

d dude

dogs rule, when did that happen?? cause i was there and was about to get on but then they evacuated the building? but anyways, i got stuck on ToT. that was pretty kewl. it was at the part right before you drop down the shaft. the lights turned on and they lead us down these stairs backstage. Splash Mt. is always stuck at the end bye the waterfall. i think there running to many boats.

Beauty and the

We've been stuck on HM lots of times, it seems to break down almost as much as SE, the worst time was when my middle son was 4, we seemed to be stuck there for ever, then when it eventually started it broke down again in the grave yard section and we were there for about twenty minutes. He was not a happy chappie.

Another visit I was stuck on Space Mountian with my eldest for about 30 minutes eventually they put the lights on and we had to climb out, he still thinks that was the best ride he's ever had.:rolleyes:

General Grizz

I've never been on HM when it broke down. But I was in line for it when it did...and I missed the Fantasy in the Sky on the Country Bear Jamboree porch for it, too! :mad:

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
Ride Breakdown

I was stuck on Test Track for a half an hour after the car i was riding in got a flat tire. We rode the whole ride with a flat tire and we took some of the turns at about two miles per hour and that hurt. They changed our tire outside after the first couple of turns and it took about ten to fifteen minutes to change the tire. :(

Luau Cove

I was left inside Spaceship Earth, Splash Mountain and Test Track because of technical faults. In TEST TRACK, it was the first time I was riding it, after a 2 hours line, and the car stopped completely when you are accelerating in the fake hill. Then it started again and the ride continued perfectly until the end. It wansn't 'til I rode it again that I realized this was malfunctioning.:eek:
-->LUAU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom