Ride Breakdowns

TinkerBell

Got stuck on Haunted Mansion one time right next to the lady with the beating heart. After about 15-20 minutes of this I was ready to rip that heart right out. :hammer: :fork:

dwldzm9

Ahhh...

I have been stuck on many a WDW ride, but the only one this past visit was Pooh - where the rain is coming down. We were stuck for about 15 minutes before they came to manually release the bars and we walked out the front... but we only got fastpasses for that ride:(

Fantasia Girl

We usually don't mind being stuck on a WDW ride there are always so many details that you miss when the ride is in motion, but one time we were stuck on Spaceship Earth on the part where the ride goes backwards and the uncomfortable seats really hurt your head and back after about 5 or 10 minutes!!!

thumper

My friends and I were stuck on Thunder Mountain Railroad for about 15 minutes. Luckily, the train we were stuck in was pretty close to the end of the ride. The other train was right at the top of the mountain (before the 2nd drop). It was incredibly hot that day, and of course, everyone waiting on line under the covered building was watching us! A Disney employee went up to the top of the mountain to talk to the other train, mainly to occupy their time and calm their fears.

They finally got our train (very slowly) back to the station. We never did find out what was wrong, but it was indeed a "Kodak moment" and we still look at those pictures from time to time!:lol:

Dumbo Deprived

Most of my bad breakdowns (ride ones, that is :lol: ) have been at DL, but at WDW, I've been on Test Track. My husband and I did the single rider lines and I forget where he was but I was in the cold room. Brrrrrrr! Not pleasant, especially since I was dressed for a warm day in the park. LOL. I can't recall any other long breakdowns. Of course there are the short stops on HM and SE for wheelchair loadings.

I'll sneak in my DL breakdowns too if that's okay. We had to be walked out of Indiana Jones the very first time we rode out which kind of spoiled some of the fun. We got stuck on Matterhorn for a very long time. That was rather fun as a CM came up and borrowed our cameras and took our photos. If we had been the lucky ones stuck by the Abominable Snowman they would have let us out of the car to pose but alas we were not. We also were stuck multiple times on Rocket Rods but who hasn't been who has rode it. :lol: :lol:

robbyk

Me along with half of the free world experienced a break down on Test Track. It stopped right before we were to go out on the high speed outside track. We sat for a while then lights came on and cast members showed us the way to go. On the way out we went through the backstage are was was very cool. My favorite part was at the door there was a big sign saying, "smile you are about to be in an onstage area" The gave us a line skip ticket (fast pass had not been invented at the time). We came back later and enjoyed the ride. I would love to see Spacehip earth and space mountain with the lights on.

The_CEO

I was on Dinosaur once and we were just passing the second red dino( the mean one) It was the dark area...... All of a sudden everything shut down(well our vehcicle did.) You could feel the hydralics hit or just go flat. We were in the pure darkness.. I was kinda scared at the time since i could hear that stupid dino in the back ground... lol There wasnt any anouncement or anytrhing ,, Just pure darkness with a animatronic in my ear lol... The lady in back of us (must of been the first time) was yelling and having a good old time (thinking it was part of the ride) .... Then the ride started up again and the funny part was was that the dialouge didnt start over it just was in a middle of a werid so it sounded werid. I was waiting for a EMV to crash into us or somthing.. But i guess it was just a big Technical problem..

THE END

Daisy A

I alas, have been stuck on Its a Small World:mad: People in the boats behind us, simply walked right off their boats to the exit door, but no not me. It was some time ago, so I can't really remember what room it was in, I understandably haven't been on it since. The singing and cheesy little dolls seem bad enough when it doesn't break down! (does't it seem to last forever) You must excuse me, those of you who like this ride, I'm sure it bears sentimental value for some people... Subsequently we missed the fireworks and inserted many an expletive into the title, "Its a Small World."

~Daisy A

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom