Richard Petty Driving Experience- Adding Exotic Cars?

cynic710

you better believe i will be ALL OVER THIS. im going down in 12 days and wont be going again until 2013, so by then i hope its well established. ive always wanted to do this!

considering similar services that ive seen online or in my automobile mags the experience runs about $1400 a person for the day, so for a few laps it should be reasonable.

Skylinecar1982

Has there been any posting of prices? Judging from the type of cars and how limited this will be I will guess prices will be around $750-$2000 for a session depending on whats going on.
Between track maintenance , equipment and upkeep , staff , vehicle cost of cars and maintenance ( having inexperienced drivers beating them all day long), etc etc

nngrendel

Posted on Disney Parks Blog today....

There’s a new driving experience coming to the Walt Disney World Speedway early next year that will allow anyone with a driver’s license to get behind the wheel of an amazing “supercar.”

The Exotic Driving Experience will feature “supercars” by Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi and Porsche on a track specifically designed for the attraction when it opens on Jan. 16, 2012. There are also plans to add other exotic models into the lineup in the future.

Petty Holdings, the owner and operator of Richard Petty Driving Experience at Walt Disney World Resort, will offer driving experiences starting at $189 for six laps around the circuit. Thrill rides with a professional driver at the wheel will be available for $99.

No mention of the Atom but maybe later??? :)

R W B

OMG if only this would of been open next month, my GF would love me even more if I could get her a ride much less to drive the R8. That's her favorite car and yes she can hold her own when it comes to cars lol.

scpergj

Saving my pennies for some time this spring!!

UPDATE -

After checking out the new "road course", I'm a bit dissappointed. I've driven on the road course at Daytona - many, many years ago, and in a Mustang, nothing as exotic as the cars being offered here - and this course looks pretty parking-lot type boring. Still, for the chance to drive one of these....might still be worth it!

bhg469

Saving my pennies for some time this spring!!

UPDATE -

After checking out the new "road course", I'm a bit dissappointed. I've driven on the road course at Daytona - many, many years ago, and in a Mustang, nothing as exotic as the cars being offered here - and this course looks pretty parking-lot type boring. Still, for the chance to drive one of these....might still be worth it!

The infield does look a bit thrown together. Still can't wait to shake off the rust of not having driven competitively in quite some time.

R W B

I don't think the 458 and those Lambos come in auto, unless of course you meant the 911 will be the only true 6 spd manual shifting and not paddle shifting?

Glasgow

Correct ^ The GT3 only comes in manual (vs the 458 which only comes with the dual-clutch). Still though, can't go wrong with any of them - looked on their webpage and the R8 is apparently the 5.2 V10. Dunno how accurate their page is though because the GT3 showed 493hp, which only is available on the GT3 4.0 RS .. :) The GT3 RS 3.8 "only" comes with 450hp

Unfortunately they aren't taking reservations for the first week of Jan, when I will be down there ... boooooo!!!

Cosmic Commando

6 laps? So like 15 or 20 minutes of driving for $200 - $400? Might as well just find a place you could rent the cars for a day.
Isn't this just the same argument as "$40 for this steak? I could buy it at the supermarket for $10 and cook it myself!" They're giving you easy access to inaccessible cars and a place to drive them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom