Rich Manhattan moms hire handicapped tour guides so kids can cut lines at Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

fosse76

If you actual read the article, the author was quoting what was heard from one of the "rich Manhattan moms" and her perception of the service. These are people who do not follow Disney message boards, are not aware of the ease of getting a GAC, and (believe it or not) would not want to falsely obtain the GAC, but would rather exploit someone who needs it for their own benefit. The average guest is often going to exxagerate the amount of time they waited in line...and are more likely to exxagerate a standby wait time if they were able to avoid it themselves. The article, I think, is perfectly believable, especially since I live on the upper east side, where these women would live.

PhotoDave219

I completely believe that a tour guide like this actually exists. I just spent eight days (70 miles!) In the Parks and saw many rampant abuses of theGAC. It would not surprise me one bit if somebody was trying to make money off said abuses.

Has anyone checked google yet on the tour company?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I completely believe that a tour guide like this actually exists. I just spent eight days (70 miles!) In the Parks and saw many rampant abuses of theGAC. It would not surprise me one bit if somebody was trying to make money off said abuses.

Has anyone checked google yet on the tour company?
Yep. Here is their web site. It is always hard to tell someones intentions, but in this case it seems pretty cut and dry. The tour company specializes in "special needs" vacations and does not really care if you have special needs or not.

http://www.dreamtoursflorida.com/

This page goes over their VIP tours.

http://www.dreamtoursflorida.com/vip-tours/

PhotoDave219

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks. I'm in the car and it's hard enough to post and drive alone to research.
Understand. A quick review of their VIP tour page reveals this little gem.

Your guide will provide significantly reduced wait times through the parks. Know how, time management and special entrance to fast pass lines.

Sure sounds like they use their own personal GAC card or will at least get one for them. I'll also add that I can not find any place on their site that specifically states that their clients need to be special needs. I wonder if they know what is going on and have simply adopted a "don't ask, don't tell" policy to keep the business.

71jason

why spend 130 dollars an hour? just say your kid has ADHD and get a pass. It's illegal for Disney to question you under ADA laws. This shouldn't be news to people.

This. I don't doubt that this company exists--taking advantage of people with more money than common sense or morals--but a simple internet search would tell you that a GAC card is pretty easy to come by. You don't even need the kid, "oh, he's with mom." At the end of the day, I'm sure the "free" abusers of GAC far outnumber the number hiring this tour company.

I do know there is also a "black market" for Give Kids the World buttons. Same idea, unscrupulous people trying to beat the lines (not that the parents of the terminally ill kids selling them are any better).

If something can be abused, it will be.

Todd L

I live in new york and can say that The Post is the worst "newspaper" ive ever seen...Its got that TMZ mentality ...embarrassing that they can call what they do News.

We lived and worked in the Hamptons for the first few years we were married and I can Honestly say That the Nyc people who summered by us were mostly well behaved and tried to be pretty low key However, Some of these people were incredibly arrogant, rude, pushy and hostile for No reason whatsoever and I Actually felt sorry for them.

Kidna people who started fights over every little thing but would sue they second someone looked at them the wrong way.

They are so incredibly unhappy that they felt the need to make everyone around them suffer.

Goes to show that money cures NOTHING and usally makes things worse.

Ill wait in line with my family and play by the rules....

PhotoDave219

Oh it's completely sensationalistic, no doubt.

No one is looking at the NY Post as a bastion of journalistic integrity.

However, their information is panning out. Amazed that Yoda could quickly find their information but the alleged "journalist" did not.

Regardless of what I happen to think of the NYP (giant piece of detritus), their info is panning out.

Todd L

I hope whoever is in this post saying to "JUST TELL EM YOUR KID ADHD" is actually the parent of a Kid with adhd...I AM and I find the comment distasteful and ignorant.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Todd L

why spend 130 dollars an hour? just say your kid has ADHD and get a pass. It's illegal for Disney to question you under ADA laws. This shouldn't be news to people.

IS YOUR CHILD ADHD???????? Mine is and I find your comments offensive....We have NEVER used His Adhd to get a Gac card and never will....we'll leave them so Others can Lie about their childrens conditions and save a few minutes .....PATHETIC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom