Rich Manhattan moms hire handicapped tour guides so kids can cut lines at Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They had a Range Rover, but it wasn't the tricked out newest Range Rover, so they were upset. Or hubby "spent too much time away" while they spent quite literally a few hundred if not (I suspect, based on conversations with other retail and hospitality managers in those areas) a few thousand a day...ALL on credit.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh, I failed to mention that most of these wives were either wives of senior government contractors, senior government officials, or brands based in the area, like...I dunno...Geico. So when you save 15% or more, remember, the wife of the CEO is a bit...er, not so friendly woman who has had enough work on her to make Carmen Electra look plain...and loves to flash her Amex Black card. Or at least did back in the early 90s.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ever had someone tell you that a full comp on their meal (that was made to corporate specs) wasn't happy and you remade it to their specs, and they still weren't happy, and when they couldn't tell you what they wanted you offered them all their money back, including non food related items, plus comps for future visits, they still berate you and say that you haven't done enough?

At that point...I'd rather not have you as a guest. I've done all I can to make you happy, and you refuse to be so. Though, I do remember her little group running into my store when the DC sniper incidents hit us...I should (in a very nasty memory) have kicked her outside back to the mall she so loved.

Though, I didn't, and never would.

PhotoDave219

Ever had someone tell you that a full comp on their meal (that was made to corporate specs) wasn't happy and you remade it to their specs, and they still weren't happy, and when they couldn't tell you what they wanted you offered them all their money back, including non food related items, plus comps for future visits, they still berate you and say that you haven't done enough?

At that point...I'd rather not have you as a guest. I've done all I can to make you happy, and you refuse to be so. Though, I do remember her little group running into my store when the DC sniper incidents hit us...I should (in a very nasty memory) have kicked her outside back to the mall she so loved.

Though, I didn't, and never would.

I remember that day. I was in Journalism class at GMU. All hell broke loose.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Never seen more scared women with plastic parts and dyed blond hair freak out in my life. (I wish I could say this was sarcastic, cynical or silly)....

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It was like when I was in DoD when 9/11 happened, and I was shocked, most of the people I worked with were stuck to the TV when clearly there wasn't a more obvious attack on US soil. But, most of the people I worked with (who couldn't imagine why even major medical data about US troops would be classified in a security briefing a few months prior, and some asshat at another site thought it was a good idea to run a domain login (this was before AD) hack on other sites, and then post...not his resulting analysis, but the raw data to all of us)
were glued to the TV.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
After a few months of that...as a contractor, and a lifetime of growing up thinking that our government has any idea what they are doing...I went back to restaurants.

With no college education.

And within 3 years, I was making more than my masters degree mother, who STILL deals with this on a daily basis. (though I did eventually go back to IT.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom