Ribs?

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
My DH and DD both love ribs. So, where are the best ribs on property? Equally helpful, which ribs would you avoid? Thanks!

BrittanyRose428

I just had Flame Tree BBQ for the first time this past trip and we thought it was very good. I would not have expected quick service ribs to be so good, but I would definitely get them again.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Another vote for the flame tree ribs. The only other ribs I can remember eating in WDW is at cosmic rays and they were okay, I have never ordered them again though. But I have ordered the flame trees a few times.

The MadHatter

I saw a program on the travel channel or the food network going behind the scenes of the food at wdw and the flame tree was one of the restaurants featured. It seems they have pretty good rubs and spices for their meats and smoke the meatsin a smoker for hours. Like I said I've never been but I will definitively be checking it out later this week.

bamillerpa

I love Flame Tree BBQ but has anyone tried the ribs at the Wilderness Lodge? I heard that The Whispering Canyon Cafe is good but have personally never tried them. Same goes for the campground buffet. Anyone know?

wolf359

I love Flame Tree BBQ but has anyone tried the ribs at the Wilderness Lodge? I heard that The Whispering Canyon Cafe is good but have personally never tried them. Same goes for the campground buffet. Anyone know?

I've had the ribs at Whispering Canyon Cafe a couple of times and they were okay. Best ribs I've had on Disney property were the ones served at the Polynesian Luau. Worst were the ones at Hoop Dee Doo.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I can tell you what ribs to avoid- the ones at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Love the show, and love everything else they serve, but the ribs are horrendous. Very dry.

I felt the same way about the ribs at Sci-Fi, but I think they've been removed from their new menu.

real mad hatter

Rib tickling ribs

Well for me it's gotta be House of Blues, my wife had the Gumbo which was huge and I opted for half portion of Ribs,omg,:slurp,Baby back ribs at their best,I only wish I had asked for a full portion.

go3epcot

FlameTree BBQ has the best ribs that I have had at WDW. Friends are pleasantly suprised when they try them... also recommend the pulled pork!

zurgandfriend

Well for me it's gotta be House of Blues, my wife had the Gumbo which was huge and I opted for half portion of Ribs,omg,:slurp,Baby back ribs at their best,I only wish I had asked for a full portion.

I agree, the ribs I had at the House of Blues were great.

I also have to agree with past posters that Whispering Canyon ribs were okay Sci-Fi Dine ribs were very good and Hoop de Doo ribs are too dry.

disney magic 06

I thought the ribs at Whisperin Canyon were the best part of the skillet, also really enjoyed the ones at Raglan road. Haven't tried Flametree ones, they're next on my list!

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
I saw a program on the travel channel or the food network going behind the scenes of the food at wdw and the flame tree was one of the restaurants featured. It seems they have pretty good rubs and spices for their meats and smoke the meatsin a smoker for hours. Like I said I've never been but I will definitively be checking it out later this week.

Please give a review! Have a great trip!

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
I can tell you what ribs to avoid- the ones at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Love the show, and love everything else they serve, but the ribs are horrendous. Very dry.

I felt the same way about the ribs at Sci-Fi, but I think they've been removed from their new menu.
That's sad about Hoop de Doo ribs, but I guess it's more about the show than the food.

We do want to try House of Blues. They have a new menu by Aaron Sanchez. As big Chopped fans, can't wait, but wonder if the ribs are still on there? Guess I'll have to look it up.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

One thing I have found out about Whispering Canyon is you need to get there for an early dinner. All the meat seems to dry out as the evening progresses.

Disneybird

Big River Grill has ribs too. The ones that are served at the local restaurants are very good but I haven't had the ones at the WDW location. My husband did and liked them. I was disappointed in the ones at Flame Tree the last time I ate them.

scbb11Sketch

If you're looking for something a little different than regular barbecue ribs, I've had the slow ribs at Raglan Road and Le Chefs. Both were awesome; very tender and fall off the bone. The ones at Raglan Road are my favorite thing on the menu. I would rather get something a little different at Disney since I know I can get better barbecue ribs at home.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
One thing I have found out about Whispering Canyon is you need to get there for an early dinner. All the meat seems to dry out as the evening progresses.

You know, you might be on to something there. I only ever see the 9:30 performance of Hoop Dee Doo, so it's entirely possible that by the time I get there, those ribs have been cooked and sitting under a heat lamp since the 5:00 show began.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom