Ribs?

real mad hatter

Ribs still on.

That's sad about Hoop de Doo ribs, but I guess it's more about the show than the food.

We do want to try House of Blues. They have a new menu by Aaron Sanchez. As big Chopped fans, can't wait, but wonder if the ribs are still on there? Guess I'll have to look it up.
Yep,still on the menu,think there marinated in a Jack Danniels sauce.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You know, you might be on to something there. I only ever see the 9:30 performance of Hoop Dee Doo, so it's entirely possible that by the time I get there, those ribs have been cooked and sitting under a heat lamp since the 5:00 show began.
We were in a similar situation. For years we always seemed to eat dinner rater late (8:30 or later) and the meat was always fairly dry. By chance one night we met some friends there at 5:00 PM and everything was incredible. Since then we have scheduled dinners at WCC no later than 5:30 and the food has been consistently better.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I can tell you what ribs to avoid- the ones at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Love the show, and love everything else they serve, but the ribs are horrendous. Very dry.

I felt the same way about the ribs at Sci-Fi, but I think they've been removed from their new menu.

We were in a similar situation. For years we always seemed to eat dinner rater late (8:30 or later) and the meat was always fairly dry. By chance one night we met some friends there at 5:00 PM and everything was incredible. Since then we have scheduled dinners at WCC no later than 5:30 and the food has been consistently better.

We just went to the early (4:00-4:30?) showing of HDDR on 12/30, and the ribs were pretty good. Came off the bone easily enough, not too dry. I'm not going to mistake them any time soon for BBQ here in Georgia, but they weren't too bad for where we were....

NYwdwfan

The ribs were surprisingly yummy last HDDR - we were the early show.

My dad RAVES about the ribs at Yak & Yeti - but we were only there once so I am not sure if the deliciousness was a fluke.

Yoda, I agree. I've noticed the same when I had a late dinner at WCC, the skillet was dried out.

A tip for those that like QS: Eat before noon. My family and I eat at Flame Tree multiple times on every trip, and the ribs are great. I got them last time at 1:00PM and I thought I was served jerkey. Same with Cosmic Rays at MK. Before Noon, both have great ribs, after 1pm. Not so much. (I try to avoid prime lunch hour of noon-1 at any park at all costs)

sublimesting

I gotta go with Flame Tree Barbecue. Delicious and huge proportions! Plus they come with a dry rub and you can add ypour own sauce of which they have several to choose from.

fredtom

Flame Tree BBQ is one of our must-do's... at least once each trip, sometimes more. I also like the ribs at Fairfax Fare in DHS and Cosmic Ray's in MK. For table service, try Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL.

If you're interested in ribs of a different type, the braised short ribs at Jiko and Citricos are yummy.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

mickey2008.1

Had the ribs at Cosmic Rays this past year, and they were pretty good. Tender, my only complaint was the thick sauce. The pulled pork from Fairfax Fare is really good too. And I should say, it's good for WDW, because real BBQ is found at off the beaten places around the country.

Computer Magic

How I miss the old days of Flame Tree BBQ. The flavored fries and real chocolate cake.

Does have good ribs.

In Dec 2010, I got the same FT BBQ tasting ribs at DHS Fairfax Fare

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
One thing I have found out about Whispering Canyon is you need to get there for an early dinner. All the meat seems to dry out as the evening progresses.
Thank you! This is very encouraging. We've never done HDD, and would love to do it as a "something different for this trip" sort of thing.

If you're looking for something a little different than regular barbecue ribs, I've had the slow ribs at Raglan Road and Le Chefs. Both were awesome; very tender and fall off the bone. The ones at Raglan Road are my favorite thing on the menu. I would rather get something a little different at Disney since I know I can get better barbecue ribs at home.
Yeah, I know amusement parks aren't the best place to look for great food. Some of us get tired of cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger (no fries, chips). As a fellow Chicagoan, Portillo's could make a fortune there.
Fall off the bone ribs...Mmmmmm.:slurp:

The ribs were surprisingly yummy last HDDR - we were the early show.

My dad RAVES about the ribs at Yak & Yeti - but we were only there once so I am not sure if the deliciousness was a fluke.

Yak & Yeti, huh? I was talking about this as a possible alternative spot for DS, who "will not touch anything that came from a pig." (Yes, direct quote). Maybe everyone could be happy here?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep 'em coming!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom