Trip Report Revisiting 2016's War and peace I took one for the team

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began at
IMG_0009.JPG
am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to Florida
IMG_0012.JPG
to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
After a bit of exploring we got back in the car and headed to Animal Kingdom
IMG_1152.JPG
and as usual the first words out of my boys' mouths was we're hungry so they went to Pizzafari and Jim and I set out to check out the Nomad Lounge. I got the veggie spring roll and a Night Monkey which was good a bit different but not bad
IMG_1165.JPG
IMG_1168.JPG
Jim got the wagu beef and a Boto Rita
IMG_1167.JPG
IMG_1166.JPG

betty rose

After a bit of exploring we got back in the car and headed to Animal KingdomView attachment 159747 and as usual the first words out of my boys' mouths was we're hungry so they went to Pizzafari and Jim and I set out to check out the Nomad Lounge. I got the veggie spring roll and a Night Monkey which was good a bit different but not badView attachment 159748 View attachment 159749 Jim got the wagu beef and a Boto RitaView attachment 159750 View attachment 159751
Loving your TR.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
To say we were impressed with both the food and atmosphere of the Nomad Lounge would be an understatement
IMG_1163.JPG
IMG_1159.JPG
Here's where we also started to think getting James a phone may not have been a good idea because while we were finishing up our snacks he called and said we better hurry up because we had a fp to make. BTW we made it with lots of time to spare to see Finding Nemo the musical
IMG_1179.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
After a bit of exploring we got back in the car and headed to Animal KingdomView attachment 159747 and as usual the first words out of my boys' mouths was we're hungry so they went to Pizzafari and Jim and I set out to check out the Nomad Lounge. I got the veggie spring roll and a Night Monkey which was good a bit different but not badView attachment 159748 View attachment 159749 Jim got the wagu beef and a Boto RitaView attachment 159750 View attachment 159751

Yeah for Nomad lounge! I found that place really relaxing. Did your hubby like the beef? We thought about getting that but we didn't.

Scoppin

As you can probably tell the boys we're happy about that ride selection so they got to pick the next ride and got even with their dad by taking us on a spin on the Tea Cups and spun extra hard. next up we walked up to SDMT and the wait wasn't too bad so we rode it to see if it was much different at night and we all said not so much. Then we had to go on View attachment 159708 andView attachment 159709 andView attachment 159710 I can't believe there was no line for Peter Pan. This was the first time we went on it without a FP since I can't remember when. Seeing Jim missed Philharmagic we all went to see it together. By then the boys said they weren't tired but their feet could use a rest. So why not. Seeing it was about 1:45 when we got out we called it a night. We made it 9am rope drop until 2am close at MK.

Sound like you had a great and full day.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
After FNTM it was time for more AK fun so we went to see Flights of Wonder which I don't know how we've never made time for before. We should have done that sooner! it was both fun and educational and the funniest thing was my dh got clipped by one of the birds in the head. Just a tap
IMG_1181.JPG
by this guy
IMG_1186.JPG
Next up it was time to take the train or as my dh call it a moving bench(he's a bit upset about the removal of benches) to Rafiki's Planet watch and get a few cute pics, some A/C and see a snake we didn't mind seeing
IMG_1217.JPG
IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1215.JPG
But seriously Nick and Judy need to do a M&G there!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
After a bit of fun and walking we headed to our Tusker Hose Jungle Book package dinner and found this on our receipt and thought it both funny and sad
IMG_1242.JPG
Dinner was great and chef Royal was beyond helpful walking us through the buffet to find both safe and yummy items. I think the boys must have gone through 4 times finding new things to try each time. Almost everything was gluten free, most were dairy free and many were vegan, I was in food heaven! It was also a character meal so we had the added pleasure of meeting a few old friends. I got a Captain's Mai Tai and it was slurpalishious
IMG_1248.JPG
IMG_1257.JPG
IMG_1279.JPG
IMG_1272.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
From TH we slowly made our way out to Harambe for a bit of shopping on our way to see the Jungle Book show. I had no hope that it would be good or fun but we had the package and wound up with excellent seats, so why not. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised as were the boys and my dh loved it. Jungle Book is one of his favorite childhood movies.
IMG_1303.JPG
After the show we used our Primal Whirl fp, not that it was really needed as the park seemed to empty out a bit after the show. Dinoland doesn't seem so tacky at night. I wasn't always sure about the themeing there but now I like it. It reminds me of the shore when I was a kid
IMG_1314.JPG
IMG_1318.JPG
From there it was over to Exedition Everest which was a walk on so we did it 3 times and I got to ride with everybody once YEA! Then the boys and I braved Kali not my favorite but it was getting towards the end of the night.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
After that it was a stop at thirsty River for a Khumbo Icefall to take over to watch the Tree of Life
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG
The drink was ok not great, but the tree was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! We sat through it a few times without the boys even complaining the could have squeezed in an extra ride.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday August 6th we were up early and were at the front of the line for rope drop at MK! I was a mom with a plan
IMG_1336.JPG
IMG_1340.JPG
IMG_1347.JPG
IMG_1349.JPG
I may have mentioned it a few hundred times before but I love rope drop we got on BTMRR twice, Splash and Haunted Mansion all as walk ons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom