Trip Report Revisiting 2016's War and peace I took one for the team

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began at
IMG_0009.JPG
am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to Florida
IMG_0012.JPG
to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi Figgy, Following!
It's so disappointing when the only GF dessert is prepackaged. We are booked for GG for our trip this Dec. based on all the good reviews, had hopes that it would be good for GF, but maybe not...?
I would say don't skip it if you've never been or haven't been in a long while. What we got was good and the characters were excellent. It's small enough they have time to spend with you and get lots of great pics not to mention seeing Living with the Land from a different angle. I love all the little details you can only see from GG

Songbird76

Like I said it was just a quick look around while waiting for our room. The bus ride back to SOG was quiet as there was only one other family on the bus. They check resort IDs when getting on one of their buses. We got the text that our room was ready just when the bus pulled in, talk about timing. Seeing we had nothing scheduled for a while we took the boys to the pool to burn off some energy. Then the real fun began! We took the short walk over to Poly and saw this little guyView attachment 158180 View attachment 158182 At Poly we met up with @Songbird76 and her wonderful family. A little something she gave me would be a lifesaver later in the trip. Again no spoiler:D.
Oh good! Glad it came in handy!!

Songbird76

By then we were all a bit hungry and it was time for our lunch ADR at Momma Melrose for the Fantasmic dining package.We all got the mixed green salad View attachment 158463 except for my older ds who got the tomato and mozzerellaView attachment 158464 Chef Saib made me an off menu pasta and veggie dish that was delicious!!!!!!!View attachment 158465 Md dh who is very picky about steak got the steak and pasta with 4 cheese sauce and loved itView attachment 158466 View attachment 158466James got steak with marinaraView attachment 158467
Oh that all looks fantastic!! What was in your pasta?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Back to August 3rd after lunch. The line for Soarin wasn't too bad so we rode it just to compare it to the original. OMG I miss the smell of oranges on it, wish they could have found a way to keep that one in. We also had to ride the land and watch the Circle of Life while we were there. Then it was time for Jim to move our stuff to the condo, grab a few groceries and take a nap. The boys and I headed over to ride Immagination and catch the Pixar Short Film in 3D OMG it was sooooo cute. That wraps up EPCOT for that day.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
After that it was time for our fp for Philharmagic and after all the running around we did the boys were hungry so we headed over to Pecos Bills where we all got rice bowls I got the veggie one and the boys got chicken, I think. Sorry no pic and I forgot to write down which one they got. I do remember them ordering extra chips LOL. I do remember we all liked what we got. Then we became like crazy yo yos trying to get way too much done. We headed across for our Space Mountain fp then across to see my Tiki Birds. I think I may have mentioned a thousand times how much I love them, we also had a bit of time to kill before going on the Jungle Cruise. Something that's become a bit of a tradition for us is to go on JC twice each trip once during daylight and once after dark, I think it's better after dark. Then over to go on Splash (again just a little different after dark) and then onto BTMRR and a great surprise Wishes started while we were riding.
IMG_1017.JPG
So of course we watched from there when we got off. In the mean time Jim fresh from his nap stopped at PB to grab a bite to eat and met us at the Haunted Mansion, again another thing we try and do after dark. Then my boys decided they just had to ride Space Mountain with Jim so off we went across the park. Then it was time for one of Jim's favorites Carousel of Progress (moving bench LOL) and the People Mover (I think it's better at night).
IMG_1024.JPG
IMG_1025.JPG

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
As you can probably tell the boys we're happy about that ride selection so they got to pick the next ride and got even with their dad by taking us on a spin on the Tea Cups and spun extra hard. next up we walked up to SDMT and the wait wasn't too bad so we rode it to see if it was much different at night and we all said not so much. Then we had to go on
IMG_1036.JPG
and
IMG_1043.JPG
and
IMG_1048.JPG
I can't believe there was no line for Peter Pan. This was the first time we went on it without a FP since I can't remember when. Seeing Jim missed Philharmagic we all went to see it together. By then the boys said they weren't tired but their feet could use a rest. So why not. Seeing it was about 1:45 when we got out we called it a night. We made it 9am rope drop until 2am close at MK.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Of course I got up and got some laundry done while I let the guys sleep in a bit. Believe it or not even the boys didn't sleep in too late. So after breakfast we went over to Winterland Summerland to try our hand at some mini golf. It was a bit of fun until it turned into a scene from Indiana Jones. Snakes why does it always have to be snakes. They seemed to be everywhere. about 3 to 4 feet long black and YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't care that the CM said they were harmless and kept the rodent population down I was done!!!!!!!!
IMG_1088.JPG
IMG_1094.JPG
So off to Blizzard Beach and it was ok not great, even the boys weren't overly impressed. We went back to the condo and made dinner
IMG_1103.JPG
mine was pretty much the same except I had tofu in place of the chicken. I also had one of these (much needed after the snakes) frozen mixed fruit and rum, I'm so glad I brought my nutribullet with me:D
IMG_1102.JPG

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday August 5th. Plan A open until close at AK. But Jim said that would be a bit much for him so we started out day at EPCOT at rope drop and hit TT and Mission Space right away with no lines at all
IMG_1104.JPG
IMG_1108.JPG
IMG_1109.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG
IMG_1115.JPG
It seems I took more pics than notes that morning
IMG_1141.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 32

betty rose

Of course I got up and got some laundry done while I let the guys sleep in a bit. Believe it or not even the boys didn't sleep in too late. So after breakfast we went over to Winterland Summerland to try our hand at some mini golf. It was a bit of fun until it turned into a scene from Indiana Jones. Snakes why does it always have to be snakes. They seemed to be everywhere. about 3 to 4 feet long black and YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't care that the CM said they were harmless and kept the rodent population down I was done!!!!!!!!View attachment 159724 View attachment 159727 So off to Blizzard Beach and it was ok not great, even the boys weren't overly impressed. We went back to the condo and made dinnerView attachment 159728mine was pretty much the same except I had tofu in place of the chicken. I also had one of these (much needed after the snakes) frozen mixed fruit and rum, I'm so glad I brought my nutribullet with me:DView attachment 159729
Your food looks great, and I got an adult drink after my last snake encounter at Disney. :jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom