Trip Report Revisiting 2016's War and peace I took one for the team

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began at
IMG_0009.JPG
am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to Florida
IMG_0012.JPG
to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Question, do they do the security checks prior to the rope drop or do they let you in first and then scan you through the security checks? I ask as I don't see security in the picture.
You will go through security first at all the parks. Then you will go thru the turnstiles. The turnstiles open a few minutes before the park does. "Rope drop" (not a real rope, just terminology) happens once you are in the park, when you are allowed to head for the attractions. Depending on what time you get through the turnstiles, you'll be held in certain areas by cast members until the park officially opens.
Pretty much what she said. Security is the first thing you hit so allow time for that. The earlier you get to the park the shorter the security line will be. The close to rope drop the longer the line gets. Magic Kingdom did use an actual rope that worked it way up Main Street, guess who was right at the rope:D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Loving your report! You're giving me tons of ideas for drink choices in November! :happy:
Thank you. I wanted to try all the new to us or places we hadn't been in forever places we could this trip and the same went for drink choices as well. I also tried to match drinks to the places we were at, keeping with the theme of the place we were at.:)

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
There are also a lot of different recipes, some better than others. My friend from Iran makes them and they are pretty good, but one time she didn't have time to soak the leaves long enough and they were REALLY salty. And I also had a Greek version that I liked better, and a Turkish version that I didn't like as much. It varies SO much!!

Very true! My family being from the Balkans, we're used to the Greek and Turkish varieties :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
By this point the boys were hungry again. So we went to see an old friend and have lunch. The show was great as always
IMG_2274.JPG
After finding out that the falafel at TC wasn't gf James and I went on a hunt to find some and we finally did and both got falafel burger (mine sans bun) I got green beans and James got french fries. My older ds got the chicken platter and Jim got the bacon, chicken burger. The boys cleaned out the topping bar
IMG_2272.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG
IMG_2276.JPG
During lunch I spotted out of the corner of my eye the most wonderful woman, her adorable son and her pain in the pretty much everywhere dh @Bugz we managed to find a bit of time to have fun chatting before having to move on
IMG_2279.JPG

Bugz

By this point the boys were hungry again. So we went to see an old friend and have lunch. The show was great as alwaysView attachment 160739After finding out that the falafel at TC wasn't gf James and I went on a hunt to find some and we finally nidid and both got falafel burger (mine sans bun) I got green beans and James got french fries. My older ds got the chicken platter and Jim got the bacon, chicken burger. The boys cleaned out the topping barView attachment 160740 View attachment 160741 View attachment 160742 During lunch I spotted out of the corner of my eye the most wonderful woman, her adorable son and her pain in the pretty much everywhere dh @Bugz we managed to find a bit of time to have fun chatting before having to move onView attachment 160743
By this point the boys were hungry again. So we went to see an old friend and have lunch. The show was great as alwaysView attachment 160739After finding out that the falafel at TC wasn't gf James and I went on a hunt to find some and we finally did and both got falafel burger (mine sans bun) I got green beans and James got french fries. My older ds got the chicken platter and Jim got the bacon, chicken burger. The boys cleaned out the topping barView attachment 160740 View attachment 160741 View attachment 160742 During lunch I spotted out of the corner of my eye the most wonderful woman, her adorable son and her pain in the pretty much everywhere dh @Bugz we managed to find a bit of time to have fun chatting before having to move onView attachment 160743
Nice photo !!

Scoppin

By this point the boys were hungry again. So we went to see an old friend and have lunch. The show was great as alwaysView attachment 160739After finding out that the falafel at TC wasn't gf James and I went on a hunt to find some and we finally did and both got falafel burger (mine sans bun) I got green beans and James got french fries. My older ds got the chicken platter and Jim got the bacon, chicken burger. The boys cleaned out the topping barView attachment 160740 View attachment 160741 View attachment 160742 During lunch I spotted out of the corner of my eye the most wonderful woman, her adorable son and her pain in the pretty much everywhere dh @Bugz we managed to find a bit of time to have fun chatting before having to move onView attachment 160743

Sorry have to ask, where was this? I know I know these first timers don't know anything. :)

JennSmith

OMG...you need to take more pics with you in them! You look so cute! Love that pic!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
After lunch and chatting we went on a spin on the transit authority, somehow we skipped that last trip. It's not our favorite and smells funny but it's fun
IMG_2282.JPG
It was getting just a tad warm for my dh so he wanted to take a nice quiet boat ride so we headed off to the Poly while the boys stayed in MK and went in to see Stitch's Great Escape again:hungover: and do a few other rides. The ride to Poly would have been a lot nicer had some woman decided not to bathe in way too much cologne:hungover:. At least all the air pollution made a good excuse to head into Tambu and grab a drink. I had a Lapu as always and my dh got a Tropical McCall. I got the better of the 2
IMG_2288.JPG
IMG_2289.JPG
Just because Mr and Mrs @Bugz rave so much about the backscratcher I had to try one of those also
IMG_2290.JPG
Iwas good but not a Lapu:hungry::hungry::hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom