REVIEW - Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Communicora

Premium Member
I agree, it should be at least "Roasted Endorian Chicken" - Endor moon is a actual Star Wars reference. Tip-Yip is an odd reference though, I don't know if the Ewoks say it or what, but no one remembers it.
Yes! That would keep the fun, but still make it understandable for guests who don't use English as their first language.

Prototype82

It has changed in the park as well, unfortunately. Actual food name in big letters with the themed name under it in smaller letters and then the description of the meal. Used to be the other way around.
Well I'm glad I can still order it in character. Anyone out there that can snap a photo? It's really sad that they thought this was necessary, but I'm glad the names are still there in the restaurant.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'll say two things.

1. ) I don't care

2.) It's interesting that this got changed so quickly...it makes me wonder what other changes we might see, if this is the first of several or not.

In the grand scheme of issues, this is a very minor one to me.

Awakening

I know it's a minor change, but it seems like this could be the first of many that could make Disneyland the definitive Star Wars experience. Since they're keeping the names, they might resist any further tweaks WDW makes.

Interesting that they'll be selling $3,000+ hotel stays based in immersion, and then having these same people "land" on Batuu and eat fried chicken and pot roast.

The_Jobu

I know it's a minor change, but it seems like this could be the first of many that could make Disneyland the definitive Star Wars experience. Since they're keeping the names, they might resist any further tweaks WDW makes.

Interesting that they'll be selling $3,000+ hotel stays based in immersion, and then having these same people "land" on Batuu and eat fried chicken and pot roast.

Not to mention putting their purchases of First Order souveniers into Disney Parks branded bags.

djkidkaz

I think this is probably a result of sales not being as expected and using the names as an excuse as to why. I have found that the food in galaxy’s edge is not that great and the options are so minimal. There’s what, 4 actual full sized meal options I can get in all of Star Wars land?

Disney, add more options.

Thanks.

rle4lunch

Makes sense. People can barely read nowadays anyway, let alone try and decipher a made up language.

However, it was probably just the lazy people or folks not wanting to use their "readers" to actually read the actual descriptions of the items that complained

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I see it didnt take long for the thread to deevolve into another GE whine fest by the usual armchair Imagineers.

WDW has a history of these kind of shenanigans so it’s not a surprise. I just want someone to confirm if this change is just in the mobile app or in the actual location?

The Empress Lilly

I'm one of the few who actually thinks GE is great.

I also ate twice at Docking Bay. For the delight of unusual dishes with Star Warsy names.

What on earth is wrong with TDO? Already hacking away at the finest work their designers did, to cater to the lowest common denominator again? So depressing, so predictable. WDW - pearls before swine. Ran by the imaginationless for the brainless.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, it's not like they just simply changed the names because someone thought they should. There is a company-wide effort for more 'plant based' meals, and so, just about every food POS is revising their menu. Which means the menu was being revised anyway, and this was an opportunity to change the names. I would have changed the names, but it's not like the menu change was just about the names.

gerarar

Premium Member
Did they ever bring those spork things back or did they just scrap them at Disneyland and keep them at WDW?
The sporks had a short life on either coast. Most likely people were taking them and supply counts at the end of the day weren't adding up.

I proposed that Disney should charge an extra $1 for them so it would incentive people to give them back after they're done, but oh well...plastic forks all the way!

MrMcDuck

I see it didnt take long for the thread to deevolve into another GE whine fest by the usual armchair Imagineers.

WDW has a history of these kind of shenanigans so it’s not a surprise. I just want someone to confirm if this change is just in the mobile app or in the actual location?

It's changed at the actual location as well.

The Empress Lilly

The sporks had a short life on either coast. Most likely people were taking them and supply counts at the end of the day weren't adding up.

I proposed that Disney should charge an extra $1 for them so it would incentive people to give them back after they're done, but oh well...plastic forks all the way!
$1 - such a good idea. I was very tempted to take my souvenir spork too. But the realisation that this would spell the end of the sporks made me resist the dark side.
I shall now console myself over the loss of the sporks with my moral superiority. :)

Between the sporks and the fun SW regions names, Docking Bay has now already joined the ranks of the yeti: only the elite few have ever seen it in its prime, as it was intended.

It's not a chicken, it's a tip-yip, who live on Endor! That's why I wanted to taste it!

20190829_150735.jpg

halltd

Correction, GUESTS have ruined it
But Disney made the actual change. Guests may have complained it was difficult, but you don't need to listen to them. :) I feel like it's so easy to complain about things now (either online or through the bazillion surveys they do), that negative feedback is just more prominent now. It might not even be that important to guests. But, if someone asks "what was a challenge for you", and the answer is ordering, then they change it. If they had just been asked, how was your visit, I doubt people would have brought that up as an important dissatisfier to their day. I feel like if you force people to come up with an issue, they're going to pick something, even if it wasn't a big deal. Data is great, but if the data isn't qualified properly, it can be used to make very bad decisions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom