Revenge of the Mummy extended refurbishment

trr1

Word on the street is: nothing was changed, at least visibly
I believe that the entire ride control system was replaced

"Permit filed for Control System and Electrical System upgrades for Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Florida. Universal Orlando has said the ride will be closed for refurbishment from January 7, 2022 through late summer."

DCBaker

Premium Member
UO posted earlier today the TM testing/previews would continue through Sunday, but a new update has been posted -

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 9.49.51 PM.png

JoeCamel

Any first hand reviews / reactions to the refurb?
Alicia said it is looking good with all AAs and effects operating. Mummy still robo dancing but is moving and that is a function of the base mech of the figure. Clearer projections and ride timing is fixed. All in all it is running much smoother than it was 7 months ago, makes me wonder why space is still space no
She is one that pays attention to details and knows the ride by heart. ET might be the only one she has more knowledge of

Andrew25

The ride feels very much the same except for the ride's propulsion system. It seems like the new control system can allow your vehicle to slow/speed up as it allows enough spacing for the vehicle in front of you. Launch speed also seems to change as my first run was very slow, 2nd the launch was much faster.

Aesthetically, it's the same thing except for the scarabs and the mummy animatronic.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
The ride feels very much the same except for the ride's propulsion system. It seems like the new control system can allow your vehicle to slow/speed up as it allows enough spacing for the vehicle in front of you.

A friend said that this ruined the pacing on their ride. They would remain in scenes after the animation ended and miss the beginning of other scenes. I hope they will keep working on this.

Andrew25

A friend said that this ruined the pacing on their ride. They would remain in scenes after the animation ended and miss the beginning of other scenes. I hope they will keep working on this.

The ride felt "off" overall, the scenes also started a few seconds late for me.

Just got off. I’m sad to report that little drop you used to get some good airtime on. Is gone.

Which drop? First ride through I had little airtime, 2nd time I had a lot more.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
If the ride is varying the launch intensity, then that would indeed affect how much airtime you get. I hope they didn't neuter the ride just to increase capacity... it was already very efficient.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
If the ride is varying the launch intensity, then that would indeed affect how much airtime you get. I hope they didn't neuter the ride just to increase capacity... it was already very efficient.

Line was basically 10 min. Yesterday though. The ride was up and down. Meaning closed a few times. Maybe that played in to it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom