Revenge of the Mummy extended refurbishment

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I believe maybe they're referring to the new launch/break systems being different enough to take away those forces.

I’m referring to my butt not leaving the seat. Not really concerned about the mechanics behind my butt leaving the seat. I just want my butt to leave the seat. Which on today’s ride it didn’t. Maybe it will tomorrow.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
I’m referring to my butt not leaving the seat. Not really concerned about the mechanics behind my butt leaving the seat. I just want my butt to leave the seat. Which on today’s ride it didn’t. Maybe it will tomorrow.

Your original post was worded in a way that suggest that the track was altered.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Your original post was worded in a way that suggest that the track was altered.

Parts of the track were replaced. If you want to split hairs about what that means. Please feel free.

The ride to me wasn’t as good as it was before. That’s completely subjective.

I honestly could care less about launch/break systems. Maybe that’s your thing. Not mine.

I’m there to ride it. I’m not there to study the mechanics behind the ride.

And again. To me. Not as good. If it has something to do with the launch system. I hope they fix it. Or adjust it.

Last edited:

JT3000

Parts of the track were replaced. If you want to split hairs about what that means. Please feel free.

I honestly could care less about launch/break systems. Maybe that’s your thing. Not mine.

And again. To me. Not as good. If it has something to do with the launch system. I hope they fix it. Or adjust it.
Parts of the track were replaced because they needed replacing, not to change the ride's layout. You said the drop was gone, not the airtime you usually experience. That's not splitting hairs, it's two different things entirely. That's like saying, "I didn't feel the elevator go down, so I must be on the same floor."

The speed of the launch is something that can be fixed, and I'm sure it will be, as the ride is still in technical rehearsal.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster

"YoU GuYs ArE All StUpiD FoR CaRiNg AbOuT HoW ThE RiDe WoRks"

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
"YoU GuYs ArE All StUpiD FoR CaRiNg AbOuT HoW ThE RiDe WoRks"

StUpiD is a little harsh.

I wouldn't call anyone caring about "HoW ThE RiDe WoRks" that. On the other hand. I could care less about "HoW ThE RiDe WoRks".

Parts of the track were replaced because they needed replacing, not to change the ride's layout. You said the drop was gone, not the airtime you usually experience. That's not splitting hairs, it's two different things entirely. That's like saying, "I didn't feel the elevator go down, so I must be on the same floor."

Don't care. Bottom line is that when I rode it yesterday the airtime was not a part of the ride. Could care less why that is.

Elevator is a pre show piece. Not the actual ride. Apples/Oranges.

matt9112

I wouldn't call anyone caring about "HoW ThE RiDe WoRks" that. On the other hand. I could care less about "HoW ThE RiDe WoRks".

Don't care. Bottom line is that when I rode it yesterday the airtime was not a part of the ride. Could care less why that is.

Has your butt changed size in 7 months?

matt9112

Not really. At least I don't think so. But it is a point to take into consideration.
To be fair more modern control systems almost always negatively impact the thrill….look at space mountain. Brake runs suck. Period. I will use Montu as an example of how a mid course should behave….exist to E stop a train and otherwise do nothing.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster

You wanna post a little less insufferably, maybe?

You made a poorly worded post complaining about the ride. We asked for clarification. You gave a vague explanation. We discussed possibilities as to why the airtime might have changed, NOT specifically to shut you down but because this is a discussion forum full of theme park and ride enthusiasts and that's what we do.

You smugly stated that you "don't care" about why, you just wanted to complain about it. Even though anyone with discussion skills worth a damn might be interested as to why the experience changed. In a thread about a ride that just went through 8 months of tweaking, nonetheless.

Now you're doubling down. The worst type of person is one that shuts down and says they don't care when presented with new information. If you don't care, leave the thread.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I don’t care about the mechanics. And I’ll leave the thread when I want to.

Funny how when someone asks for feedback. And it doesn’t fit YOUR narrative. You stumble and bumble trying save your narrative.

So I’ll say it again. My experience on the ride yesterday was lacking. Maybe it’ll improve. I hope it does. Maybe it won’t

I would suggest - if you don’t want to engage with me. Then don’t. Pretty simple actually.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Great! Don't shut us down for discussing them then.

Did you ask for feedback? Because you have shut down and dismissed all of it.

I never said the mechanics of the ride were unimportant to some. They’re just unimportant to me. I’ve been very consistent with that.

Any first hand reviews / reactions to the refurb?

Considering I just got off the ride yesterday. I feel my post appropriate.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
So uh, yeah. The launch is definitely weaker. Felt like it was "pulsing". It's either not functioning correctly or it was intentionally underpowered and that would explain the lack of butts leaving seats.

Also, yes, the timing of the scenes is all screwed up now. This was a bad refurbishment and they made the ride worse even if a few things look better.

JT3000

So uh, yeah. The launch is definitely weaker. Felt like it was "pulsing". It's either not functioning correctly or it was intentionally underpowered and that would explain the lack of butts leaving seats.

Also, yes, the timing of the scenes is all screwed up now. This was a bad refurbishment and they made the ride worse even if a few things look better.
Technical rehearsal. Breathe.

Andrew25

Mummy Refurbishment is best summarized as:

Ride Effects/Visual: better and improved
Ride System: probably better from ops/maintenance perspective
Thrill: depending on various factors, could vary between worse or the same in speed/airtime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom