Return to normality tracker

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yeah, I would still expect sheets at least weekly, at every hotel. But I understand that they don’t promise it.

The hypocrisy of calling their hotels luxury/deluxe and not providing fundamental housekeeping is shocking.
I think they should definitely be back to service level in place prior to COVID. No need for this "light touch" stuff. Not sure if it is lack of staff, just money saving, or a bit of both. I would say a bit of both, but heavier on the lack of staff side. The industry is still struggling with that.

tnemgif

Right? I’ve stayed in lots of hotels over the past year. Not even the most budget hotels have had such terrible housekeeping as this.

MagicHappens1971

Right? I’ve stayed in lots of hotels over the past year. Not even the most budget hotels have had such terrible housekeeping as this.
I would stay at the Swolphins/Reserve before paying Disney deluxe prices. The service just isn’t there. The Swan Reserve is amazing! I stayed there last December (and had full housekeeping)

IanDLBZF

I would suggest calling and asking for a sheet change and asking why they have not been changed yet.

Edit... Oh, here it is. Looks like no sheet changing at the moment. I am sure you can request though.

View attachment 661657
That page isn't very accurate anymore....
Currently:
Grand Floridian: full service every day
All other Deluxe: full service every other day
All other resorts: trash and towel service every other day

They’re actively hiring, sometimes rooms might get more service than above depending on availability.

Room checks will happen on days that no housekeeping service happens. You can call housekeeping from the in room phone to arrange a preferred time for the room check or to request any amenities to be brought to the room.

JoeCamel

Been at AKL for 7 nights.

Housekeeping comes every other day. Trash emptied, towels exchanged, and beds made. No vacuuming.

Housekeeping just came and sheets have still not been changed, after 7 nights. Gnarly.

I think they should definitely be back to service level in place prior to COVID. No need for this "light touch" stuff. Not sure if it is lack of staff, just money saving, or a bit of both. I would say a bit of both, but heavier on the lack of staff side. The industry is still struggling with that.

We requested new sheets mid trip at Pop and got them, but rest of the time no bed making or bathroom clean up
4-500 a night should get service???

Man, the depths they go to provide $150 service for premium prices is baffling. Must not want repeats....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Nice to see Beverly Sunset Boutique back open. It closed around Christmas time after the parks reopened. No snacks or anything related to the original candy/pastry offerings, but I dont recall if that was gone before the Starbucks opened or not.
417E213F-BB53-43A4-B177-93BDDBB28EA5.jpeg
2A0E6C6B-6E6A-425E-8F41-20B0162C1E4E.jpeg
8CE209C7-3128-4BB6-ABC2-A3510F1BA241.jpeg
EA4B6C66-9770-4516-A708-752F12F80AF4.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member

Disone

4-500 a night should get service???

Man, the depths they go to provide $150 service for premium prices is baffling. Must not want repeats....
Housekeeping is deceptively hard. They are trying their best to hire. TDO is aware that $400 a night and higher should have daily service and that is their goal. In the coming year you will see more resorts come online with daily housekeeping. First the deluxes then the moderates.

JoeCamel

Housekeeping is deceptively hard. They are trying their best to hire. TDO is aware that $400 a night and higher should have daily service and that is their goal. In the coming year you will see more resorts come online with daily housekeeping. First the deluxes then the moderates.
I know but if they were offering the most they could staff it.
They are charging the most........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom