Return to normality tracker

Patcheslee

This is anecdotal, but I was just at dollywood two weeks ago. The staffing is not back to normal. The restaurant we ate at for dinner had half empty tables, and when I asked the hostesses they said they were short to be able to service all of the tables. Short for that day, or just short, I do not know.

The trams were plentiful and we never waited in a line to get on one. That was 30 minutes after park opening, and about 30-45 minutes before it closed.
We were there the 11th & 13th. We got seated for food immediately, but took 20 minutes for a server to come just for drinks. She mentioned being short handed and was an intern that didn't normally work tables. Tables were full. 90 minutes from seating till we paid the bill. Ride wise, eh, I'm not sure what's normal for them, load/unload times were at times slower than I would expect.
We didn't take trams, as DH wanted to park in preferred because people had said tram service was an issue.

We were there the 11th & 13th. We got seated for food immediately, but took 20 minutes for a server to come just for drinks. She mentioned being short handed and was an intern that didn't normally work tables. Tables were full. 90 minutes from seating till we paid the bill. Ride wise, eh, I'm not sure what's normal for them, load/unload times were at times slower than I would expect.
We didn't take trams, as DH wanted to park in preferred because people had said tram service was an issue.

Interesting, we were there the 14th. Aunt Granny's was the restaurant that was below capacity, and they were telling walk-ups it was a 1.5 hour wait at dinner time.

The hostesses were great. They were showing us photos of them with Guy Fieri as he was there filming recently for his show.

esskay

I feel like we've been saying "when the college program is back...." for quite some time now. Is it not fully back yet?

I can't believe the park to resort delivery hasn't returned. This is a basic perk that any theme park with associated resorts should have first and foremost.
I think its usually September that they all start, or just before that.

Every time I've been in September I've seen training going on with groups of new college students following someone around whilst they're shown the ropes.

So in theory if they've got a decently large student program this year that could solve a fairly large part of the staffing issues. A lot of them obviously end up going to Epcot, which would free up local staff for other jobs.

MagicHappens1971

I think its usually September that they all start, or just before that.

Every time I've been in September I've seen training going on with groups of new college students following someone around whilst they're shown the ropes.

So in theory if they've got a decently large student program this year that could solve a fairly large part of the staffing issues. A lot of them obviously end up going to Epcot, which would free up local staff for other jobs.
The college program is back, and has been back. 100s of CPs start every week. They no longer come at specific times of the year

GustoGummi

Photos from Allears.net and the Disney Food Blog.

Attachments

• 2022-wdw-dhs-beauty-and-the-beast-live-on-stage-show-changes-8-700x525.jpg
    2022-wdw-dhs-beauty-and-the-beast-live-on-stage-show-changes-8-700x525.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 2022-wdw-dhs-beauty-and-the-beast-live-on-stage-show-changes-15-700x394.jpg
    2022-wdw-dhs-beauty-and-the-beast-live-on-stage-show-changes-15-700x394.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 2022-wdw-dhs-beauty-and-the-beast-live-on-stage-show-changes-17-411x600.jpg
    2022-wdw-dhs-beauty-and-the-beast-live-on-stage-show-changes-17-411x600.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 74
  • beauty-and-the-beast-live-on-stage-1.jpg
    beauty-and-the-beast-live-on-stage-1.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 80

Casper Gutman

The show is 100% back to normal.
This is a good thing, but man, the show needs to be replaced. When the show debuted, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia still existed. Less then a month earlier Nirvana had released Nevermind. The original Star Trek crew was still making movies and the Simpsons was in its second season. A little over a week after Beauty and the Beast on Stage opened, Ukraine voted for independence.

Its really old, is what I'm saying. And while a lot of things get better with age, theme park shows aren't usually one of them. Heck, keep it based on Beauty and the Beast, just bring it up to modern standards.

GustoGummi

This is a good thing, but man, the show needs to be replaced. When the show debuted, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia still existed. Less then a month earlier Nirvana had released Nevermind. The original Star Trek crew was still making movies and the Simpsons was in its second season. A little over a week after Beauty and the Beast on Stage opened, Ukraine voted for independence.

Its really old, is what I'm saying. And while a lot of things get better with age, theme park shows aren't usually one of them. Heck, keep it based on Beauty and the Beast, just bring it up to modern standards.
I think if they were to update the show to be more like the California version in terms of story. Then give it costumes more in line with the Broadway show of 1994 it would be a 10/10.
Just watch this below, notice how unlike the Florida version of the show it keeps much more of the story intact with simple set additions and dialogue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom