Return to normality tracker

Crazydisneyfanluke

Minnie vans possibly returning?

They make a good security barrier.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came back for the holiday season.

dreday3

So someone on another site said they were notified they would have to move their reservation for All Star Sports...their reservation is in August 2022!!!

Do you suppose they will shutter it for good?

G00fyDad

Yeah. Why on earth would they be moving guests all the way out from August 2022?

I'm going to assume maybe the notification was a mistake.

or they decided they no longer need 3 value hotels! :D
I find it hard to believe that they're going to shutter the entire sports resort. Maybe they're going to refurbish it?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
They were extremely popular and a money maker at those rates. I can’t see these not coming back eventually.
These were never really at risk of not coming back. They had to be parked because side impact airbags would not allow for installation of plexiglass barrier between passengers and driver due to safety concerns if airbag deployed.

G00fyDad

maybe convert it to start a DVC budget line
I don't think anyone who's going to fork out the money for DVC will ever deign to place a foot in one of the value sections. Did they upgrade the sports resort with the new rooms like they did in music and movies? If not then that's probably what this is all about.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I don't think anyone who's going to fork out the money for DVC will ever deign to place a foot in one of the value sections. Did they upgrade the sports resort with the new rooms like they did in music and movies? If not then that's probably what this is all about.
We were DVC owners at one point in time and would regularly frequent the Allstar resorts. Quit frankly I have quite fond memories of staying at those resorts actually moreso than some of the higher end places.

LadyPink

Does anyone have any updates on Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian? My family and I are going in January and we always visit this place.

Crazydisneyfanluke

So someone on another site said they were notified they would have to move their reservation for All Star Sports...their reservation is in August 2022!!!

Do you suppose they will shutter it for good?
Either they are refurbing the resort, or there is an event that requires the resort during that time. Maybe a large sporting event at ESPN.

DisneyDreamer08

I actually did read a rumor awhile back that Sports might solely be used for groups at some point. Instead of dividing football groups, cheer groups, music groups etc throughout all the All Stars, just put them all in Sports. I suppose it could happen 🤷🏻‍♀️

celluloid

I actually did read a rumor awhile back that Sports might solely be used for groups at some point. Instead of dividing football groups, cheer groups, music groups etc throughout all the All Stars, just put them all in Sports. I suppose it could happen 🤷🏻‍♀️

Not impossible, but I would see that as only for certain times of the year. They typically get group rates and individual sales still make more money per room even when every wring is not booked up. Then the dining and merch location would not make as much either.

celluloid

It is notoriously(at the DRC) the least in demand hotel, so the hardest sell. They would rather keep the staff and resources allocated to best profits until travels picks up to that point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom