Return to normality tracker

ToTBellHop

Fantasmic should be the least of anyone's worries. They're not doing all that work in the theater only to announce the show isn't returning. It's clearly coming back at some point.
They know the park needs a nighttime spectacular. I suspect it will return in the spring. They don’t particularly want to run it until there’s no need for distancing, however.

Indy returns within the next several months. Likely around Christmas.

mattpeto

Fantasmic should be the least of anyone's worries. They're not doing all that work in the theater only to announce the show isn't returning. It's clearly coming back at some point.
Yeah, I'm just kind of relieved.

It was a little concerned when the early rumors that two firework shows won't be back. It looks like it was Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular and Rivers of Light. HEA (July - September) would also be sort of a candidate.

jrhwdw

mattpeto

DHS calendar doesn't show any fireworks show starting November 1st.

Conversely, DE and Harmonious still on the calendar through December 7th. That will keep rolling..

EeyoreFan#24

Glad to see the show returning. I thought it was entertaining and a good break. However I do agree with the audience bits not being a big loss. I know it’s scripted, but those just felt like overused obligatory gags on some days. There were rumors of losing the filming angle altogether, so I’m interested to see if this is a piece of larger changes.

Overall good news.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I always thought that the audience participation parts were time killers for the cast to set up the next scene.
I enjoyed the audience participation parts, but probably because I have been frequently picked. That makes it part of the fun. Of course, the audience participation harkens back to the old Disney-MGM days where there were several attractions in which a guest might be picked to participate. <sigh>... no longer a working studio concept. I miss that from Universal, too. I remember going to Universal in Hollywood, CA and being chosen for the old Star Trek attraction. Sea World also had guest participation in the Shamu show... one of my daughters was chosen for that one. Lots of good memories...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I can't imagine they'd drop the "filming" aspect of the show. I mean, they're most iconic moment is the opening scene with the boulder, someone yelling "cut", and then two guys returning it to place. I imagine (though I'm not privy to anything) that they'll still frame the show as "filming with the second unit" but drop the bits where they call people onstage. Just a guess, though.

Sorcerer Mickey

They know the park needs a nighttime spectacular. I suspect it will return in the spring. They don’t particularly want to run it until there’s no need for distancing, however.

Indy returns within the next several months. Likely around Christmas.

Ah. They do a particularly good job distancing on the MK ferry, monorails, buses, Haunted Mansion pre-show...oh wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom