Return to normality tracker

James Alucobond

The resort my family stayed at recently had housekeepers… not all resorts do?
They are there, but their routine is reduced. They'll do the normal deep clean prior to your arrival, but thereafter, they only do light housekeeping every other day (e.g. emptying the trash, wiping down surfaces, replacing towels, etc.). They will not do major things like making your bed.

dreday3

So we know a lot of restaurants are opening - yay! - but almost all have reduced menus.

Do we know if this is related to supply issues/pandemic stuff or is it really just cost-cutting?

TTA94

Is it safe to say there is no hope FoF or any parade returns this year? A part of me feels like even if parades could return Disney will purposely hold off until Spring or Summer next year for something else to promote and hype the return of. Also wouldn’t surprise me if the plan is for more entertainment to go along with Tron opening to eat up the crowds a bit.

castlecake2.0

So we know a lot of restaurants are opening - yay! - but almost all have reduced menus.

Do we know if this is related to supply issues/pandemic stuff or is it really just cost-cutting?
It’s into streamline the operation until staffing is back up. A few restaurants have gone back to full menus (trattoria al Forno is one i can think of off the top of my head. And maybe citricos?) there is also only one team for land/world designing and sourcing the menus so I’ve been told it heure focusing on getting more locations reopened first and then will circle back and update menus after. I originally thought heading into October we would see menu increases but they may also want to wait until after holidays are over to change things up. But take a look at trattorias menu, they did a great job so hopefully that trend will continue!

TYOTimer

Is it safe to say there is no hope FoF or any parade returns this year? A part of me feels like even if parades could return Disney will purposely hold off until Spring or Summer next year for something else to promote and hype the return of. Also wouldn’t surprise me if the plan is for more entertainment to go along with Tron opening to eat up the crowds a bit.
The cavalcades are amazingly, getting high guest reviews (probably because it’s the only way to see characters in the park), so I would say it’s likely they’re made more permanent

crawale

They are there, but their routine is reduced. They'll do the normal deep clean prior to your arrival, but thereafter, they only do light housekeeping every other day (e.g. emptying the trash, wiping down surfaces, replacing towels, etc.). They will not do major things like making your bed.
They will not change your sheets either.

CaptainAmerica

On our April trip, even the every-other-day "light cleaning" was extremely irregular. We ended up taking out our own trash, and we had to call for towels every time we needed them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I noticed that some rides still have plexiglass in place, for example in the loading area of Expedition Everest. I wonder if there had been plans to remove these but they decided not to as conditions changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom