Return to normality tracker

G00fyDad

I honestly expect them to put some more plexiglass back in that they've already taken out. This is going to worse before it gets better.

Heelz2315

My question is when will the indoor mask requirement go away? Seeing US and SW never mandated it, it’s only “suggested”

when does Disney remove/reverse course?

Any best guesses?

mikejs78

Premium Member
My question is when will the indoor mask requirement go away? Seeing US and SW never mandated it, it’s only “suggested”

Any best guesses?
They're going to follow CDC guidelines. Once the CDC says it's no longer necessary based on the case count in Orange county, Disney will drop them indoor mask requirement. My guess at this point will probably be October

G00fyDad

Any best guesses?
As soon as the CDC recommends no more mask use indoors. Although I think that's as far as Disney is going to go other than maybe reinstalling some more plexiglass to mitigate the need for so much social distancing. I don't think they're going to try to 6 ft distance people anymore and I don't think they're going to go back to the full covid measures. But they are at least making a public appearance at following CDC guidelines by requiring masks indoors and they will continue to do so until the CDC recommends otherwise.

celluloid

As soon as the CDC recommends no more mask use indoors. Although I think that's as far as Disney is going to go other than maybe reinstalling some more plexiglass to mitigate the need for so much social distancing. I don't think they're going to try to 6 ft distance people anymore and I don't think they're going to go back to the full covid measures. But they are at least making a public appearance at following CDC guidelines by requiring masks indoors and they will continue to do so until the CDC recommends otherwise.

I may have missed it. I still have still not seen it answered. The stretching rooms in the HM and some other things went back to normal operations a few weeks before face coverings began again indoors. Did the stretch rooms get placed back to fully open?

DCBaker

Premium Member
I may have missed it. I still have still not seen it answered. The stretching rooms in the HM and some other things went back to normal operations a few weeks before face coverings began again indoors. Did the stretch rooms get placed back to fully open?

Was still normal operations this past Thursday.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
At Studios now, plexi still in place in mickeys and Rise for sure. No social distancing as expected. Not exactly sure they even know what to put in place other than masks at this point.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I noticed that some rides still have plexiglass in place, for example in the loading area of Expedition Everest. I wonder if there had been plans to remove these but they decided not to as conditions changed.
Called it!

In typical Disney fashion, they'll be taken like a thief in the night. Or three nights. Or a few months. Oh, heck, give it a year.

You don't understand Disney.

65% of them will be removed this week.

Another 30% in two weeks.

Another 3% in three weeks.

Two attractions will keep the plexi up, and no one will know why.

Heelz2315

They're going to follow CDC guidelines. Once the CDC says it's no longer necessary based on the case count in Orange county, Disney will drop them indoor mask requirement. My guess at this point will probably be October

What of the CDC doesn’t say anything when the case numbers drop? They may have enough egg on their face to keep giving new guidance ever few months.

mikejs78

Premium Member
What of the CDC doesn’t say anything when the case numbers drop? They may have enough egg on their face to keep giving new guidance ever few months.
The CDC's current guidance is tied to county case counts. So if and when Orange county goes below the CDC threshold, Disney would lift the mask policy again.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The current guidance on masks is tied to case levels, if cases drop then the current guidance says masks aren't required for the unvaccinated.

Heelz2315

The CDC's current guidance is tied to county case counts. So if and when Orange county goes below the CDC threshold, Disney would lift the mask policy again.
I certainly hope that's before November....i have a trip planned. I've already cancelled/moved three because of Covid.

TYOTimer

I honestly expect them to put some more plexiglass back in that they've already taken out. This is going to worse before it gets better.
I don’t think they will, mostly because they’re going to want the parks to look picture perfect for the 50th. But, I also didn’t think we’d see masks back, so who knows (granted they’re barely enforced as it is anymore)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom