Retroland As A Fifth Gate...Potential?

NickMaio

Yes, I know that obviously Disney doesn’t have the money for anything right now and this is only blue sky, but what do you guys think of a retro theme park as a fifth gate that consists only of attractions that Disney has shut down, closed, ripped out...whatever. Horizons, Mr. Toad, Great Movie Ride...you know, all of your faves and those attractions that Disney LOVES to sell merch of but kicks us all in the you know whats by shuttering. Could it work? How would the park be laid out? What attractions would you like to see included? Let’s have some fun with this one 😉.
Give me Horizons 2.0 and I'm in for life.
Seriously thought nostalgia park would be amazing.

kwoodfan1

Advertisement
Give me Horizons 2.0 and I'm in for life.
Seriously thought nostalgia park would be amazing.

It seems like every time I try and dip back into nostalgic waters the memory is better than the reality. I was mondo excited to rewatch Captain EO, and was bored after the 5 minute nostalgic high. I couldn't wait to open up my new Nintendo with all the emulated games and after 2 rounds of Carmen San Diego and Super Tecmo Bowl I haven't fired it back up. I have a never ending list of favorited early to mid 90's Disney World Youtube vids that I have watched the first 6 and a half minutes of. And it may sound sacrilegious to say but as much as I miss Horizons now I don't remember loving it as a kid. Maybe its all gone for reason.

...That being said, I'll rescind it all if they bring back Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit.

NickMaio

It seems like every time I try and dip back into nostalgic waters the memory is better than the reality. I was mondo excited to rewatch Captain EO, and was bored after the 5 minute nostalgic high. I couldn't wait to open up my new Nintendo with all the emulated games and after 2 rounds of Carmen San Diego and Super Tecmo Bowl I haven't fired it back up. I have a never ending list of favorited early to mid 90's Disney World Youtube vids that I have watched the first 6 and a half minutes of. And it may sound sacrilegious to say but as much as I miss Horizons now I don't remember loving it as a kid. Maybe its all gone for reason.

...That being said, I'll rescind it all if they bring back Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit.
I could have lived in Horizons.....I loved it so much.
Easily my favourite WDW ride.

Rickjoe630

I think having a VR/Motion Simulator opportunity could work. Disney could re-create old rides in Virtual Reality and guests can essentially "upload" the ride they want to experience again. And you can still attach the retro gift shop. This could be a land somewhere, or separate experience in the resort.
If only there were some kind of interactive experience center located in say... a shopping and dining district.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom