Retro Epcot Theme for iPhone/iPod Touch

UPDATE: I've completed the theme. It now includes icons representing Body Wars, Cranium Command, Kitchen Kabaret, a Horizons Omnimover vehicle, a UoE dino, SMRT-1, and the dirigible from JII.

Screenshot here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38556360@N03/3549648933/

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?izwdyrdnfwm

Coming soon: A Haunted Mansion theme, followed by MK.

Hello everyone, I just threw together a simple, but attractive, Epcot theme for my iPod Touch and thought I'd share it with you. This only works if your iPhone or iPod has been jailbroken. You should also know how to work your way with Winterboard and SSH.

The springboard features the old 21st Century Begins Now poster as a background, and the icons are the old Epcot symbols. The icons are resized versions created for Mac/Vista by Gedeon Maheux. The Lock screen features the SE mural as a background.

I plan on creating more icons out of ride vehicles and such eventually. When i do, I'll update it here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I have some questions about this jailbreaking thing with the iPhone. First, how do you do it? Does it effect the warranty if the phone has been jailbroke? Are there limits to the effects that can be done?

Victor

Original Poster
I have some questions about this jailbreaking thing with the iPhone. First, how do you do it? Does it effect the warranty if the phone has been jailbroke? Are there limits to the effects that can be done?

Jailbreaking used to be something complicated relegated to those who really knew what they were doing, now it's pretty simple with software that will walk you through it. I'd always been cautious, but finally gave in using an easy to use program for Windows, WinSCP. I have no regrets. It truly unlocks the real power of your iPhone/iPod Touch. For example, the iPhone has the capability to record video. Currently Apple's software doesn't allow it (this way down the line they can release an update that'll cost you another 10 bucks just to unlock this feature), but software can be obtained after the jailbreak to allow it...for free.

As for the warranty, technically it does void it, if you turn in your iPhone/iPod in it's jailbroken state. However, preforming a restore will erase any trace of your jailbreak, and the warranty will still be good.

MattyFresh

Jailbreaking used to be something complicated relegated to those who really knew what they were doing, now it's pretty simple with software that will walk you through it. I'd always been cautious, but finally gave in using an easy to use program for Windows, WinSCP. I have no regrets. It truly unlocks the real power of your iPhone/iPod Touch. For example, the iPhone has the capability to record video. Currently Apple's software doesn't allow it (this way down the line they can release an update that'll cost you another 10 bucks just to unlock this feature), but software can be obtained after the jailbreak to allow it...for free.

As for the warranty, technically it does void it, if you turn in your iPhone/iPod in it's jailbroken state. However, preforming a restore will erase any trace of your jailbreak, and the warranty will still be good.

doesn't apple to updates from time to time and if the iPhone has been jailbroke, won't it crash the whole system and it just becomes a paper weight?? Just what I have heard.

AREM

Currently Apple's software doesn't allow it (this way down the line they can release an update that'll cost you another 10 bucks just to unlock this feature), but software can be obtained after the jailbreak to allow it...for free.

.................actually, EVERY SINGLE iPhone update thus far has been free. iPhone updates are always free. Same with their computers.

And the 3.0 software update coming this summer will add this function (video record), and well as alot of brand new functions. :wave:

Victor

Original Poster
doesn't apple to updates from time to time and if the iPhone has been jailbroke, won't it crash the whole system and it just becomes a paper weight?? Just what I have heard.

This is pretty much an 'old internet wives tale'. Just not true. Any updates from Apple can still be obtained, it will just overwrite your jailbreak. It will not crash your system. Again, if anything does ever go wrong, the iPhone can be restored to it's initial state. Yes, you will lose all saved data in a restore, but your iPhone will never become useless.

AREM said:
.................actually, EVERY SINGLE iPhone update thus far has been free. iPhone updates are always free. Same with their computers.

And the 3.0 software update coming this summer will add this function (video record), and well as alot of brand new functions.

Yes, you're right, updates for iPhone users have been free so far, but not for the iPod Touch users (9.95 for 2.0 and once again for 3.0). I say so far, because I have it on good word from a friend of mine who works for Apple, that when the next iPhone comes out (in development now) they will charge an update fee for 2g and 3g users.

As for 3.0, yeah it's great that these additions are coming (even though Apple hasn't officially stated video record is part of it), it's still crazy that it's almost two years since the iPhone debuted, and we're just now getting features that have been customary in almost every phone for years, for what is supposed to be one of the leading phones on the market. Especially when I've been using all those same features for awhile now, through a jailbreak.

But jailbreaking isn't for everyone. If you're unsure, it's understandable. It's a 300 dollar device, so I understand why people are uneasy about the 'risk' (which the only risk there is, is losing saved data in the event you need to perform a restore). You should always have someone who is computer savvy or knows about jailbreaking to help you out. Although YouTube is a great source for walkthroughs and help.

AREM

it's still crazy that it's almost two years since the iPhone debuted, and we're just now getting features that have been customary in almost every phone for years, for what is supposed to be one of the leading phones on the market. Especially when I've been using all those same features for awhile now, through a jailbreak.

Now, I will give you that.

I cannot for the life of me figure out exactly WHY it has taken this long for such simple features to be added.

The fact that MMS is JUST NOW being added is beyond ridicules.

But, that is part of the relationship I, and may others, have with Apple. They frustrate us sometimes, but they still make us love them on unhealthy levels.

:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom