Retro Epcot Symbols

DisneyGirl10

Original Poster
I LOVE the retro EPCOT symbols, but I'm not that sure as to what they all stand for!

Can someone more in-the-know than I am elaborate?

I'm particularly curious about the EPCOT park symbol...which 5 "original attractions" are the 5 interlocking rings representing?

Thanks!

EPCOT Explorer

The 6 Originals are...

1. Spaceship Earth
  2. CommuniCore
  3. The Land
  4. Journey into Imagination
  5. World of Motion
  6. Universe of Energy
The 5 rings represent the 5 pavilions that are not SSE...SSE is the globe in the center.

There was also a 6th Original logo for WS.
Those were in 1982

Added to these were Horizons(83), The Living Seas(86) and Wonders of Life(89).

Hope this helped!:wave:

world-symbols.jpg

maelstrom

You described eleven symbols, but there is a twelfth, between the park and Spaceship Earth. What is this symbol?

I think that would've been the symbol for World Showcase itself... the similar icon at the end of the second row was for the World Key Information Center.

HMF

Word on the street is there is a possibility that a new set of logos based on the new SSE one might be coming soon.

EPCOT Explorer

You described eleven symbols, but there is a twelfth, between the park and Spaceship Earth. What is this symbol?
What, the simple globe? No idea.:shrug: It's just there.:lol:
Might be for Earth or WS.
Word on the street is there is a possibility that a new set of logos based on the new SSE one might be coming soon.

I would very much like that.:D The new SSE one is great.

(But bringing back the old ones would rock, too!)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Yea, in fact they were. For those that didn't consult their maps and make the link between the symbol and the pavillion, the only ones people seemed to get were The Land and The Living Seas.

EPCOT Explorer

Yea, in fact they were. For those that didn't consult their maps and make the link between the symbol and the pavillion, the only ones people seemed to get were The Land and The Living Seas.
:shrug:

The only ones that are kinda baffling are JII and UoE. The rest...Anyone with some sense could figure it out. Seeing that the "odd ones" are in the corners of the park...:rolleyes::lol:

diddy_mouse

I have always liked the symbols.

Sure, they were a product of the 80s and unfortunately didn't hold up as the park made changes. But for me they helped add a nice little visual punctuation mark to each of the pavilions. :)

EPCOT Explorer

I have always liked the symbols.

Sure, they were a product of the 80s and unfortunately didn't hold up as the park made changes. But for me they helped add a nice little visual punctuation mark to each of the pavilions. :)

You REALLY like the symbols!:lol::D

Honestly, most of the symbols still work. Only MS needs a new one.(They could even reuse the neever used Journeys in Space one!:D)

EPCOT Explorer

Here...This is a screen grab from Martin's Tribute on the Horizons-Journey-Mission Space switch...

3694779338_a814346090.jpg

It's the purple thing in the background.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom