restaurant help needed

simon71

Original Poster
We are staying for 14 days in WDW and we cant wait!! The only thing we are struggling with is which restaurants to choose. Its just the two of us, no children, we would like every dinner to be a table service and we would love to go to character meals too. If anyone could suggest any places we would be very grateful as this is our first trip to wdw :) :) thank you

My recommendations for dinner would be California Grill and Be Our Guest. How far out are you from your trip? It can be difficult to get reservations for these two, so it is better if you can try at 180 days out.

For character meals, I have done mostly breakfasts, and I have enjoyed Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace. Have a great time! :happy:

PrincessNelly_NJ

We are staying for 14 days in WDW and we cant wait!! The only thing we are struggling with is which restaurants to choose. Its just the two of us, no children, we would like every dinner to be a table service and we would love to go to character meals too. If anyone could suggest any places we would be very grateful as this is our first trip to wdw :) :) thank you

We go as a couple yearly. Are you paying out of pocket or will you be on the dining plan.

I would recommend...

In MK area:
Be Our Guest (dinner)
'Ohana
1900 Park Fare
Narcoossee's* signature restaurant
California Grill* signature restaurant

In Epcot area:
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Via Napoli
Teppan Edom
Coral Reef
Cape May Cafe
Yachtsman Steakhouse* signature restaurant

In Hollywood Studios:
Mama Melrose
Sci-Fi Dine In

In Animal Kingdom:
Tucker House (breakfast)

In Downtown Disney:
Raglan Road

bethymouse

Well, then go to the restaurants in the Swan and Dolphin. They are expensive, but according to sources have the best restaurants such as Blue Zoo and Shulas.
At the other resorts, 'Ohana, The Spirit of Aloha show or Hoop Dee Doo Revue Show are nice for couples.
Crystal Palace if you want to get close to the Pooh characters either breakfast or dinner.
Be Our Guest ( tough reservation to snag still:()
Chip N Dale's Garden Grill ( very fresh food and family style all you can eat)
Any restaurant in EPCOT, depending upon your tastes.
Hollywood Brown Derby
Splurge and eat at Victoria and Alberts at Grand Floridian ( or any Grand Floridian Signature restaurant)
Flying Fish Cafe on the Boardwalk ( that would be an easy walk if you're at the Dolphin)
I think they still do Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness ( always a fun time if you like BBQ)
It really depends on your budget. If you don't have one, then I would suggest all of the signature restaurants. See allears.net for dining menus and such.
Have a great time, and welcome to WDW!:D

HouCuseChickie

Garden Grill is our favorite character dinner...it's the only one we've done where we liked the food as well as the character interaction. Akershus is the only other character meal I've really liked for dinner...lunch isn't bad either, but breakfast isn't as exciting IMO. I also really like Cinderella's Royal Table as I love dining in the castle, but I prefer it for breakfast over lunch and dinner. Crystal Palace Breakfast and 1900 Park Fare Breakfast are my other fave character breakfasts.

Beyond that, there are tons of great non-character meals. Out of the non-signature meals...'Ohana dinner, Sanaa, Kouzzina, Mama Melrose, and Rose & Crown have been some of the ones we've enjoyed. We haven't done a ton of signature dining, but I enjoy the views from California Grill, and Citrico's, Jiko, Flying Fish, and Yachtsman are pretty high on my list of places to try.

I see Be Our Guest come up a lot. While the setting is neat, I preferred lunch over dinner. If you can get a FP+ for lunch, I think that's the better option over dinner...but that's just my opinion.

NiarrNDisney

MK - Be Our Guest (Diner), Liberty Tree Tavern, Plaza Restaurant

Epcot - Biergarten, Coral Reef, Restaurant Marrakesh, Tokyo Dining, Tutto Gusto

DHS - Hollywood Brown Derby, Mama Melrose's

DAK - Yak & Yeti

DTD - Raglan Road, Wolfgang Pucks

Resorts - Artist Point (WL), Boatwright's (PORS), California Grill (CR), Flying Fish (BWR), Grand Floridian Cafe (GFR), Il Mulino (Swan), Kona Cafe/Island (Poly), Jiko (AKL),
Sanaa (AKL-KV), Turf Club (SSR), Wave (CR) Yachtsman's Steakhouse/Crew's Cup (YCR)

Character Dining - Cape May Cafe (BCR), Cinderella's Royal Table (MK), Garden Grill (Epcot), Tusker House (DAK), 1900 Park Fare (GFR),

PigletIsMyCat

some of our musts include crystal palace character breakfast (don't ignore the kid's station), raglan road for lunch or dinner, and sanaa at animal kingdom lodge. if you like meat, 'ohana for dinner is fun, delicious, and a great value. biergarten used to be our favorite, but i've heard mixed reviews recently. we haven't eaten there in years and years though (we have a vegetarian-heavy family).

acishere

Some of my suggestions would be:
MK
The Plaza
Liberty Tree Tavern

Both are good, but not too expensive. I've yet to try BOG so I can't comment on there.

Epcot
San Angel Inn: Great for a couples dinner
Restaurant Marrakesh: Different and has belly dancers

AK
Rainforest Cafe, because that is it for TS. Tusker House is a buffet option, but I'd suggest taking a bus over to AKL and eating at Boma instead.

DHS
Brown Derby, I have not eaten here in over a decade so I'm not going to go into specifics. I don't remember disliking it.
50s Prime Time if you miss your mother on the trip.

Hotels
California Grill, try for a reservation around Wishes. Best restaurant on the property imo
Blue Zoo in your resort is an excellent option as well for signature dining.
There is a burger and soda shop in the Swan/Dolphin that is good outside the park option.
Kona Cafe for breakfast at the Poly. Get the tonga toast.
ESPN Club at Boardwalk is nearby your place.
Flying Fish Cafe for a higher end dinner the Boardwalk.

Marijil

14 days, table service, Dolphin, no kids, no dining plan.....not sure about your budget but without going hog wild i would suggest:

1. Cape May Cafe
2. ESPN
3. Shulas
4.Chefs De France
5. Rose and Crown
6. Teppan Edo
7. Via Napoli
8. Raglan Road
9. Be Our Guest
10. Ohana
11. Chef Mickeys
12.Hoop De Doo
13. 1900 Park Fare
14. Boma

This really gives us a lot of different experiences...oh damn i just realized I'm not going

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes

Are you looking for regular 1 credit dining places or signature 2 credit places?

aladdin2007

As all adults here and no children, we really enjoy Garden Grill, in terms of character options. Its very busy, but the food and service was great, and we didnt feel rushed. The other character meals we refuse to go to because they all just seem like wild frantic zoos.
Non character meals, our favorites that we return to on a regular basis being locals are: Brown Derby, Mama Melrose, Rose & Crown, Tutto Italia, The Plaza, Sci Fi Diner, just to name a few in the parks.

Kona at the Polynesian is another great option for any of the three meals of the day, as is Sanaa at AK Lodge, oh and also we found Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge to be a nice little lunch spot when its not such a madhouse.

Personally we give Be Our Guest a big thumbs down, we felt we were in a loud cafeteria with mediocre instant food, and were very much rushed. Also thumbs down to Le Cellier since it went downhill and out the window price wise.

popcenturylover

Our favorite dinners are: Ohana', California Grill, & Garden Grill
Breakfast: Akershus, Kona Cafe, & Crystal Palace
Counter service: BOG, SS, & Wolfgang Puck Express

Castle Dreamer

If you like seafood, the Garden Grove at the Swan has a character meal seafood buffet on Friday nights. It has crab legs on the buffet and you get a stuffed lobster tail, fried shrimp, and calamari served fresh to your table. Characters are Goofy, Pluto, and Chip & Dale. Was not at all crowded when we went, around 7p.m.

jlsHouston

I love the dining part of a WDW vacation. And enjoy the pool at the Dolphin, awesome pool and pool bar! Here are my recommendations of places I have eaten and not felt bad about the cost.

Definitely worth a sit down for breakfast:
Cape May at the BC character buffet breakfast
Kouzzinnas breakfast
Ohana with Lilo and friends at POLY character breakfast served family style
Fresh Mediterranean Market breakfast buffet at Dolphin awesome

Definitely worth a sit down for dinner:
Flying Fish signature
Ohana dinner at the POLY
BOG the steak is perfect there and the venue is awesome
Sanaa
BOMA
Biergarten a good buffet with entertainment
1900 Park Fare character dinner buffet..the best characters...
Tutto Italia I honestly prefer their pasta and sauce over Via Napoli's...

TS places I have never tried that I really want to that sound good to me
Liberty House for lunch mainly but dinner if I can get the ooey gooey toffee cake for dessert
Raglan Road
Bongos (cuban)
Rose&Crown
Jikos
Citricos

And if you like salads I can also recommend Fresh Med at the Dolphin at lunch for a salad...the salads there are really really good...

Enjoy!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom