Restaurant capacity and live entertainment restrictions are currently limiting Walt Disney World theme park attendance according to Bob Chapek

Midlife Mouse

And when you can offer a paid solution to make it marginally better for some while putting them in front of the plebs who only paid full price to get in (making things actively worse for them) and "up to 50%" will pay it, why would you want to kill that cash cow?
What I find interesting about that 50% number is that there has to be a tipping point at which the people NOT buying Genie+ are getting the real benefit.

castlecake2.0

Yes the parks are under built for the amount of guests coming now, but the idea that Disney is purposely trying to make their attractions less efficient is completely false.

TrainsOfDisney

Its certainly a part of it. WoC is better than any show WDW has ever had. And the nighttime ambiance of the Pier can't be beat.
Illuminations comes close but I’ll agree. WOC Seasons of Light is the best nighttime show I’ve ever seen.

I just really don’t like the plastic stuff they added to Pixar Pier. And replacing king tritons carousel with that plastic toy story thing? Don’t get me started!

Sir_Cliff

Illuminations comes close but I’ll agree. WOC Seasons of Light is the best nighttime show I’ve ever seen.

I just really don’t like the plastic stuff they added to Pixar Pier. And replacing king tritons carousel with that plastic toy story thing? Don’t get me started!
I find WOC an elegant solution for a difficult venue (basically, the opposite of Harmonious) and a good show. Not sure I would say it was Disney's best, though. Honestly, I think I would rather wait around for HEA again over WOC.

It also seems to me that every time I've been to DCA, the platform stays raised most of the day. I guess it's so they can work on it, but kind of ruins the point.

Ayla

Has anyone yet discussed that Disney is (almost certainly) intentionally inflating their wait times so guests feel they've gotten their value out of Genie+... as well as driving guests to purchase the service? I'm pretty darn confident on this one. How long can they keep that up before the shenanigans are figured out?
Some people knew right after it was announced Disney would do that.

Chomama

Has anyone yet discussed that Disney is (almost certainly) intentionally inflating their wait times so guests feel they've gotten their value out of Genie+... as well as driving guests to purchase the service? I'm pretty darn confident on this one. How long can they keep that up before the shenanigans are figured out?
Paging @lentesta. Any recent actual wait times to verify this?

Diamond Dot

It has already been spotted. That's a reason I'm unlikely to get Genie+. I'm just interested in what the Photopass Lenses is about, if it's only aimed at those who post endlessly on social media like Instagram and Snapchat then it is of no use for me. If you can keep those pictures and print the photos out so they can be framed or scrapbooked then that's a different thing. I went on the Disney Parks Blog, but, I'm still bemused by it.

Diamond Dot

Returned from a 9-day stay at pofq recently and despite having park hopping tickets everyday; we enjoyed resort hopping/sightseeing far more than being packed like sardines in the parks.

We’re done with DW for a long time until some positive changes are made and the “magic” is back.

Looking forward to visiting Tokyo Disney in the next few years!
That's my plan for my trip. I've got a trip in November booked too, but, I may cancel that and head over to Disney Tokyo when that becomes available again.

peter11435

They’re not

DisneyDreamer08

I was there last week and I found all the wait time to (unfortunately) be accurate. When I did use LL, wait times were always in the 5-10 minute range.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would say it’s a mix but those exhibits used to rotate more frequently. Also Marrakesh closed which had entertainment. There are several restaurants still shuttered. No entertainment. Actually. No. It isn’t that we have seen it all. It’s that we used to wander slowly and try to time catching the shows and meeting the country specific characters (which are also gone). The park feels dead. Compared to my last visit before the pandemic in February 2020 it has not come back to life. Also other things missing. - pirates cruise, 1900 park fare, hoop Dee dodo, bb boutique, spirit of aloha, orchestra at the grand, kids pirate adventures, kids club babysitting, hula lessons at the poly, animation academy, lots of meet and greets, avatar robot guy. There is objectively less to do and see which makes a visit less appealing. It isn’t about the cost even though I’m annoyed by the increases. It’s that there just isn’t the same draw. We went to hoop at least 3 times a year and it’s never bored us. Are carriage rides back at the fort? Hayrides? All live entertainment at boardwalk and port orleans? Jelly rolls dueling pianos? Citizens of Main Street ? Welcome show sadly gone forever. Thank goodness artist point is back. That’s a good one. Only one water park. I’m not trying to be argumentative but also wanted to point out what’s missing for US. Of course it’s different for every family. I’m just frustrated by the current experience. And yes that means we aren’t going like we used to. Several other vacations this year that would normally be disney. We miss it. Our 4k kiddo has never hugged Mickey (that he can remember). It’s just not the same.
I wish they hadn’t strangled the actual artists point to ensure the consistency of “operational stupidity”…sad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom