Restaraunts

ms7479a

Original Poster
With all the talk on these boards about new rides that Disney has built, what rides they are thinking of building, and what rides we want to see built, what about the other major part of the Disney experience, food? When was the last time that Disney added a new sit down restaraunt in one of the parts, not a fast food place. I think that Magic Kingdom could use another sit down restaraunt and maybe another one in Animal Kingdom. What do you guys think? What kind of restaraunts would you like to see added?

robynchic

ms7479a said:
With all the talk on these boards about new rides that Disney has built, what rides they are thinking of building, and what rides we want to see built, what about the other major part of the Disney experience, food? When was the last time that Disney added a new sit down restaraunt in one of the parts, not a fast food place. I think that Magic Kingdom could use another sit down restaraunt and maybe another one in Animal Kingdom. What do you guys think? What kind of restaraunts would you like to see added?

They just opened a new restaurant in Pleasure Island called Raglan Road. It's an Irish-pub themed full-service restaurant.

Where do you propose that the Magic Kingdom put a restaurant? They don't really have the room.

Disney's Animal Kingdom has NO full-service restaurants (except for Breakfastosaurus). I would think they have no plans of putting one in, because of how early the parks close during off peak and during the winter.

lmfetter

I want a place where you can sit down and get some food that is not a buffet, I know that are some but i think that could use a couple more.

robynchic

lmfetter said:
I want a place where you can sit down and get some food that is not a buffet, I know that are some but i think that could use a couple more.

Do you mostly eat at character dining locations? If so, that's your reason.

Most of the restaurants in Epcot are full-service, menu restaurants. ALL but one restaurant in Disney/MGM Studios are full-service, menu restaurants (the exception is Hollywood and Vine)

I know that Tony's and the Plaza restaurant are full-service, menu restaurants. I don't know if Cinderella's Royal Table is (I've never seen the inside of it)

Once again, where do you propose Disney put these restaurants you want? They have so much in the parks already- any new restaurants in the parks would mean a major change to something else.

ssidiouss@mac.c

I would like a sit down place near the Polynesian that is themed like a huge concert hall in hawaii.. perhaps on the beach. The place would only have 1 dinner a night. Each night everyone fills the tables in the hall..which sort of look like the Ohana tables. Then after everyone sits and starts ordering their food.. a concert goes off on stage.. which is short version of Elvis's Aloha From Hawaii concert.. complete with Elvis impersonator in white suit, etc. Disney could add some firework magic etc during the show. As for the food.. it would all be themed after Elvis sourthern hometown cookn with a hawaiin twang.

ssidiouss@mac.c

robynchic said:
Do you mostly eat at character dining locations? If so, that's your reason.

Most of the restaurants in Epcot are full-service, menu restaurants. ALL but one restaurant in Disney/MGM Studios are full-service, menu restaurants (the exception is Hollywood and Vine)

I know that Tony's and the Plaza restaurant are full-service, menu restaurants. I don't know if Cinderella's Royal Table is (I've never seen the inside of it)

Once again, where do you propose Disney put these restaurants you want? They have so much in the parks already- any new restaurants in the parks would mean a major change to something else.

They could put them in Animal Kingdom :sohappy:

Woody13

robynchic said:
Disney's Animal Kingdom has NO full-service restaurants (except for Breakfastosaurus). I would think they have no plans of putting one in, because of how early the parks close during off peak and during the winter.
Rainforest Cafe (the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom services both guests of Disney's Animal Kingdom park and outside patrons as well).

Woody13

robynchic said:
ALL but one restaurant in Disney/MGM Studios are full-service, menu restaurants (the exception is Hollywood and Vine).
There are many counter service restaurants within Disney/MGM Studios such as Pizza Planet, ABC Commissary and several others.

Epcot82Guy

The problem is that restaurants will rarely increase capacity. If you build a large ride, then more people come in (in theory). However, very few people enter a park because of a restaurant, so they have to feed off the current numbers. Right now, Counter Service works well at MK, so there is no need for additional Table Service restaurants, especially with the resorts off the monorail. So, it is unlikely anything will appear anytime soon. Same goes for Epcot and MGM. However, with Everest opening and some other expansion (whenever it might be), I would guess a full service restaurant would open when the park becomes a more "full-day" experience.

Dj Corona

I'd just be happy if sometime this century, that Pirata y el Perico would be open when i'm down there for once!! And even if that's not a possibility, c'mon Disney - with that much property, those tacos , taco salads, and the rest of that menu, it could be a real hit with more exposure in any of the parks, downtown, wherever you'd like to put something just like it, - why exclusively put it in a semi-seasonal area, that strangely enough probably not a lot of people know about?..........and no, Mexico in Epcot is not the same, in case anybody should bring it up. O.K. done with that rant **exhales**

SIR90210

iheartshoes said:
in the magic kingdom, eating at cinderella's castle is a great sit down meal. the entire atmosphere and experience is a nice break from the park.

Try getting lunch ressies, tell me how many little girls' heads you have to step on to get it.

Nansafan

Metallica_Band said:
All-Star Music just recently had their menu dramatically changed. Specialty and pizza got the biggest changes. Do menu changes count?

The changing of menus is what irks me. In an August 1998 trip, we visited Tony's at the MK, Contemporary Steakhouse and Cinderella's Royal Table. In a trip the following year, August 1999 we went back to all 3 restaurants. The five of us were looking forward to the wonderful dinners we had the year before. All 3 restaurants had menu changes. The first 2 were completely different and Cinderella's and swapped a couple entree items. It was very disappointing. We've gone to WDW once a year since 1993 and often twice in a year and each trip we visit Cinderella's for dinner. This summer we did not because the menu changed and a couple of our picky eaters could find nothing they would eat.

tomm4004

EPCOT - They could take the area where the Odyssey is and build a restaurant with giant windows looking out over World Showcase Lagoon. Call it Windows on the World or something dumb like that. Imagine watching Illuminations from there.

MK - I'd like to see something go in where the old Adventureland Terrace used to be. I don't think it could be a sitdown, but anything would be nice. I used to like that place.

sconti

I personally would love another upscale fine dining restaurant. I love California Grill, Citricos, Artist Point, Flying Fish Cafe, Jiko, etc. But, for a 7-10 night trip, there simply are not enough of those type of restaurants in my opinion (for a trip of that length). On my next trip this January I'll be hitting those spots plus traveling off-site to Norman's at the new Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes. I'm sure that is business WDW would like from me instead of spending it elsewhere.

Victoria & Albert's is fantastic, but certainly a special occasion restaurant (i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, etc.). And, I'm not a big fan of celebrity chef restaurants (i.e. Wolfgang Puck, Todd English, etc.).

Universal has some interesting options (2 Emeril Lagasse's, Bice, etc.) as well.

Oh well, in the mean time I really enjoy the places I listed above and consider them some of my favorite restaurants anywhere.

robynchic

tomm4004 said:
EPCOT - They could take the area where the Odyssey is and build a restaurant with giant windows looking out over World Showcase Lagoon. Call it Windows on the World or something dumb like that. Imagine watching Illuminations from there.

The Odyssey IS used- for Magical/Grand Gatherings. It's a family reunion-themed dinner and show, with Minnie and Goofy. They have food from all over the World Showcase, and the guests that do this dinner get to see Illuminations from a special spot.

1disneydood

robynchic said:
The Odyssey IS used- for Magical/Grand Gatherings. It's a family reunion-themed dinner and show, with Minnie and Goofy. They have food from all over the World Showcase, and the guests that do this dinner get to see Illuminations from a special spot.

That would be so cool. I mean it'd be cool to do IF my family could spend the money on a magical gathering. We just seem to spend money the minute we earn it. We're lucky to get once a year at a value or moderate for 5 days.

ms7479a

Original Poster
I can't remember the last time Disney added a full service, sit-down restaraunt into one of the theme parks, not including Downtown Disney, does anyone else recall any new ones recently?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom