Restaraunts

ZHoyt

tomm4004 said:
This is a neat idea. However, on a practical note, I believe that Disney receives many complaints on food prices (so I've read) and thus tries to offer basic food at lower prices. Gussy-ing up the menu adds to the cost. So I think they will always try to offer basic food like burgers and dogs. An addition would be nice though - offering both.

I don't see why "gussy-ing" up the menu adds to the cost. Compare the new Sunshine Seasons Fair prices to those of the American Pavilion. Is there such a huge leap that it would position the menu out of anyones budget? I think a menu highlighting regional american delicacies would be a great idea, even as counter-service.

P0PC0RN

Well I would consider Rainforest Cafe a sit down restaurant in AK because even though you can access it outside the park, you are also able to access it from within the park as well. If I remember correctly, there is a sit down restaurant coming to DAK with the opening of E:E. I am not sure exactly where, but I would imagine somewhere within the village area. Please correct me if I am wrong. Cinderella's Royal Table is indeed a full service sit down restaurant as I've been there before. I would agree that Magic Kingdom and DAK could use more, but mainly MK because of the early closing of DAK.

wired

Not to drift off the of the thread subject, but has the Cin. Royal Table, gone down hill over the years?

It would seem every year it seems the service is not what it was the year before or the level of food presentation is not what it was. I pretty much go the same time each year so I can think it is because of that.

Anyone else?

Wired

MickeyTigg

robynchic said:
ALL but one restaurant in Disney/MGM Studios are full-service, menu restaurants (the exception is Hollywood and Vine).

Ummm.....The Studios has 12 restaurants. Here are the restaurants that are not table service -

Pizza Planet
Sunset Ranch Market
Studio Catering
Starring Rolls Cafe
Min & Bill's Dockside Diner
Backlot Express
ABC Commissary

That's quite a few...definetly more than one....and even though Hollywood and Vine is a buffet it is classified as "table service".

robynchic

TiggerRPh said:
Ummm.....The Studios has 12 restaurants. Here are the restaurants that are not table service -

Pizza Planet
Sunset Ranch Market
Studio Catering
Starring Rolls Cafe
Min & Bill's Dockside Diner
Backlot Express
ABC Commissary

That's quite a few...definetly more than one....and even though Hollywood and Vine is a buffet it is classified as "table service".

I was referring to the person saying something about full-service buffet restaurants. I was mentioning that all but one restaurant that is full service is menu style, not buffet

lewisc

wired said:
Now I am not an expert by any means, but I would find this to be just a rumor or with some guide lines. First RFC is really outside the park, it doesn't require a pass to dine. For the most part aren't most of the restaurants inside the parks owned and run by disney? I know there is a few McDs, but other then that?

wired

You don't need park admission to dine at RFC but the restaurant is certainly at DAK.

The rumor is RFC wasn't going to build there unless they were given an exclusive and was allowed to set up the restaurant so park admission wouldn't be required. It also allows RFC to be open when DAK is closed.

I'm not sure if it's just a rumor, and there might be an expiration date.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
ms7479a said:
At Disneyland, there is a restaraunt inside Pirates of the Carribean overlooking the ride (kind of like the Mexico restaraunt in EPCOT) I think another restaraunt like that would be cool, something that actually puts you inside the ride. (Any ideas which ride?)

Blue Bayou at DisneyLand overlooks the first ride sequence of POTC. You enter through a seperate location. The food is horrible as is most of the food at DisneyLand. The food at WDW is 100% better than DisneyLand.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
wired said:
Not to drift off the of the thread subject, but has the Cin. Royal Table, gone down hill over the years?

It would seem every year it seems the service is not what it was the year before or the level of food presentation is not what it was. I pretty much go the same time each year so I can think it is because of that.

Anyone else?

Wired
We went to the Cindi Lunch a week ago Tuesday. The food selection was sad. The quality of the food was poor. They have only 5 or 6 selections and you can tell that yours was not prepared to order. Our group of 8 was split among two tables. When my MIL advised the waiter that her tea was very strong and cloudy, he told her it was the same tea that everyone else got cause it came out of the same pot. I advised him mine was just as bad, and he told me the same thing. (we had had two prior glasses of tea that were fine) He gave us a perplexed look and brought us more tea that was fine. Thats when I hate that they include the 18% gratuity, because based on that one little snide remark, he would have been lucky to get $5.

I dont like the marketing of the photos at the table in conjunction with the princesses coming around. Too much going on, you feel like you are being rushed, and for the prices, you should be able to camp all day if you want to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom