Restaraunts

tomm4004

sconti said:
I personally would love another upscale fine dining restaurant. I love California Grill, Citricos, Artist Point, Flying Fish Cafe, Jiko, etc.
They did have Ariel's at Beach Club but that closed. It's odd that Beach Club doesn't have an upscale place.

I loved the Papeete Veranda at the Poly. The Poly is another one without an upscale place. I guess they figure you can just hike down to the GF.

KaliSplash

ms7479a said:
I can't remember the last time Disney added a full service, sit-down restaraunt into one of the theme parks, not including Downtown Disney, does anyone else recall any new ones recently?

Still trying to get an answer to your original question?

I'm thinking it was probably Mama Melrose's at Disney-MGM. I know it wasn't there when the park opened. (Which is not to suggest it is recent, just the most recent inside a park.)

Akershaus at Norway is probably the next newest addition, again, because Norway is the newest country in World Showcase.

I am unaware of any new restaurants in MK since I first visited in 1979.

As for AK, technically Rainforest Cafe counts, I suppose, since you can access it from inside the park. It was there for park opening.

tomm4004 said:
EPCOT - They could take the area where the Odyssey is and build a restaurant with giant windows looking out over World Showcase Lagoon. Call it Windows on the World or something dumb like that.

Great idea.....any name but that. Windows on the World should not be used again as a restaurant name.

DizWhizKid

tomm4004 said:
EPCOT - They could take the area where the Odyssey is and build a restaurant with giant windows looking out over World Showcase Lagoon. Call it Windows on the World or something dumb like that.

Epcot doesn't need a new sit-down restaraunt; it already has twelve. I've heard that the Tusker House at Animal Kingdom was originally designed as a sit-down restaurant, but was converted to counter-service at the last minute. With Everest opening and the extended hours coming up, I would imagine that they would change that and maybe add another one over in Asia.

lewisc

I've read, but I'm not sure if it's just an internet rumor, that contractually RFC is to be the only TS restaurant in the AK.

The last time would be month or so ago when they converted the CS restaurant in Adventurland to a buffet restaurant. I think the experiment is over but Disney seems to be considering adding a TS restaurant to the MK.

wired

lewisc said:
I've read, but I'm not sure if it's just an internet rumor, that contractually RFC is to be the only TS restaurant in the AK.

Now I am not an expert by any means, but I would find this to be just a rumor or with some guide lines. First RFC is really outside the park, it doesn't require a pass to dine. For the most part aren't most of the restaurants inside the parks owned and run by disney? I know there is a few McDs, but other then that?

wired

wired said:
Now I am not an expert by any means, but I would find this to be just a rumor or with some guide lines. First RFC is really outside the park, it doesn't require a pass to dine. For the most part aren't most of the restaurants inside the parks owned and run by disney? I know there is a few McDs, but other then that?

wired

It is a good amount that is not Disney owned. :)

xtimMOOthyx

I wish they would put another sit down restaurant in Future World. The only one now is the Coral Reef, which isn't all that much to be desired. Do we really need 3 counter service restaurants?

Burgstressera

They could gut Stitch's Great Escape and make that a full service restaurant...:lol: Now before anyone goes crazy - I'm just joking.;)

I'm all for adding more full service restaurants to Magic Kingdom, MGM, and Animal Kingdom. I think Epcot has plenty, though.

I think I've tried just about every restaurant there already so some new places to try would be great.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
wired said:

wired

Off the top of my head.. Chefs Des France, Alfredo's di Roma, and the various parts of the Mitsukoshi are not owned by Disney. It's most prominent in Epcot's World Showcase and in Downtown Disney.

fredtom

Reply for sconti:

For fine dining, don't forget about Yachtsman Steak House, Narcooses, Bistro de Paris, Coral Reef, Hollywood Brown Derby and Portobello Yacht Club in addition to the signature restaurants you listed.

robynchic

mousermerf said:
Off the top of my head.. Chefs Des France, Alfredo's di Roma, and the various parts of the Mitsukoshi are not owned by Disney. It's most prominent in Epcot's World Showcase and in Downtown Disney.
I believe Restaurant Marrakesh isn't owned by Disney, either

tomm4004

DizWhizKid said:
Epcot doesn't need a new sit-down restaraunt; it already has twelve.
The original poster asked what we would like to see. I would love to sit and gaze out over WS. We spend so much time at EPCOT that we can O.D. even on that many choices. And they do get pretty crowded. Although, I suspect if Disney felt the need for more they would build more - maybe.

I understand that all of the country sitdowns (except Norway) are owned by outsiders. Disney just collects rent or royalties.

rcc

robynchic said:
Where do you propose that the Magic Kingdom put a restaurant? They don't really have the room.

There is the space that Adventureland Verandah occupied years ago that is still not being used. It has sat empty for a long time. I believe it is occasionally used for special events. I have thought that would be a great location for another sitdown restaurant.

Also Rainforest at AK could be considered both inside and outside the park because there are entrances from the restaurant that can allow you back in the park or to the area before the turnstiles.

robynchic, noticed your location. I went to RU for undergrad!

sgmco

I'm sure that this has been mentioned on other threads before, but I would like to see the walk-up at The American Adventure gutted and have them put in a sit-down restaurant featuring regional American cuisine. Even if it were not gutted, then keep the counter service and change the menu. Imagine being able to get Gumbo, New England Clam Chowder, Southwestern Chili, New York and Chicago style pizza, all in one place.:slurp:

Anything but burgers, hot dogs and fries!:hurl:

tomm4004

sgmco said:
I'm sure that this has been mentioned on other threads before, but I would like to see the walk-up at The American Adventure gutted and have them put in a sit-down restaurant featuring regional American cuisine. Even if it were not gutted, then keep the counter service and change the menu. Imagine being able to get Gumbo, New England Clam Chowder, Southwestern Chili, New York and Chicago style pizza, all in one place.:slurp:

Anything but burgers, hot dogs and fries!:hurl:
This is a neat idea. However, on a practical note, I believe that Disney receives many complaints on food prices (so I've read) and thus tries to offer basic food at lower prices. Gussy-ing up the menu adds to the cost. So I think they will always try to offer basic food like burgers and dogs. An addition would be nice though - offering both.

ms7479a

Original Poster
At Disneyland, there is a restaraunt inside Pirates of the Carribean overlooking the ride (kind of like the Mexico restaraunt in EPCOT) I think another restaraunt like that would be cool, something that actually puts you inside the ride. (Any ideas which ride?)

ms7479a

Original Poster
How about turning the Liberty Square Riverboat, or maybe just part of it, into a nice restaraunt. It would be pretty cool to be eating while you are travelling past Splash and Big Thunder Mountains, and the Haunted Mansion. Seeing as its in rehab right now, it would be the perfect time.

ssidiouss@mac.c

ms7479a said:
At Disneyland, there is a restaraunt inside Pirates of the Carribean overlooking the ride (kind of like the Mexico restaraunt in EPCOT) I think another restaraunt like that would be cool, something that actually puts you inside the ride. (Any ideas which ride?)

I love the idea of a sitdown restaurant inside Pirates of the Carribean that would overlook the ride like the mexico restaraunt. It would have to be dark though.. I would love it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom