Resorts with the best pools

JusticeDisney

I love emphatic absolutes in regards to subjective non-facts 🤡

And I love people who clearly don’t know the meaning of the word “opinion.”

Also, I must have missed where you responded to every other person in this thread who proclaimed SAB the best pool by a mile.

Oh, and “subjective non-facts?” Might want to look up the word “redundant!” Bwahahahahahaha!

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And I love people who clearly don’t know the meaning of the word “opinion.”

Also, I must have missed where you responded to every other person in this thread who proclaimed SAB the best pool by a mile.

Oh, and “subjective non-facts?” Might want to look up the word “redundant!” Bwahahahahahaha!

It’s was good fun. If I wanted serious, I’d talk to my boss.

No ill will intended.

correcaminos

Fair enough, I overreacted. I apologize for that. Have a great weekend!
I had no idea your post was supposed to be serious so I laughed at it. Sorry. Still no need to be quite so passive aggressive in your response to me as well. It's a pool and while many love it, many don't. Nothing to poke fun of people for though simply because they aren't fans.

No problem...

My upper midwestern sarcasm gets the best of me at times 😉
Lol I feel the same (though not the same region of the midwest as you are lol)

JusticeDisney

I had no idea your post was supposed to be serious so I laughed at it. Sorry. Still no need to be quite so passive aggressive in your response to me as well. It's a pool and while many love it, many don't. Nothing to poke fun of people for though simply because they aren't fans.

Lol I feel the same (though not the same region of the midwest as you are lol)
Funny you should say that, because I just assumed that there was no way in the world that you were being serious in your posts. It didn’t even seem possible to me. That’s why I laughed at them. Nothing passive aggressive going on here, I just truly found your posts to be hilarious.

correcaminos

Funny you should say that, because I just assumed that there was no way in the world that you were being serious in your posts. It didn’t even seem possible to me. That’s why I laughed at them. Nothing passive aggressive going on here, I just truly found your posts to be hilarious.
Really? Well then here is my second sincere apology of the day to you. It felt different since you only did it to only my posts after I thought yours was a joke. As well as my last post. Even then I removed mine when I realized yours wasn't sarcasm. Like I said above we must do jokes and sarcasm differently here. So sorry I did something to offend you again....

Few people can find the part of the upper Midwest I’m from 🤐
Some always confuse my area as well. They think we're a totally different state. Oh well, at least we have a good sense of humor ;)

JusticeDisney

Really? Well then here is my second sincere apology of the day to you. It felt different since you only did it to only my posts after I thought yours was a joke. As well as my last post. Even then I removed mine when I realized yours wasn't sarcasm. Like I said above we must do jokes and sarcasm differently here. So sorry I did something to offend you again....

Some always confuse my area as well. They think we're a totally different state. Oh well, at least we have a good sense of humor ;)
No offense taken. IMO, you are a very valuable member of this forum and I always appreciate and enjoy reading your thoughts and insights about all things WDW. If I came across the wrong way toward you, I genuinely apologize. I hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

correcaminos

No offense taken. IMO, you are a very valuable member of this forum and I always appreciate and enjoy reading your thoughts and insights about all things WDW. If I came across the wrong way toward you, I genuinely apologize. I hope you have a great rest of your weekend!
No worries or offense taken on my side as well at all! Text and stuff can be hard. Often read wrong if we miss the usual cues we get in person and such :)

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Interesting. Might I ask why? I’ve generally read that the pool is fine but nothing special due to the style (lack?) of theming.
Yeah, in talking with my kids yesterday, we discussed the contemporary (in general) and why it might be a good idea (or bad idea) to stay there for our next vacation. Pluses included the monorail and walking distance to MK.

The pool was a huge negative for them, it wasn't the same as what you see at the Poly, or the Yacht club. We're trying to decide to stay at the Yacht club or Poly and so far the consensus is yacht club.

correcaminos

Interesting. Might I ask why? I’ve generally read that the pool is fine but nothing special due to the style (lack?) of theming.
It's kind of on the small side to me and while I complain about lack of shade at SAB, the opposite is true of BLT. The slide is really good though. It's not bad but not great, but obviously the other poster could love it for reasons I don't notice. At 3.5 my son loved the splash area.

Club Cooloholic

"Best" is always a subjective thing. I hate sand and don't enjoy the beach, so I wasn't too keen on SAB when we stayed at YC and it's not great incentive for me to book BC. Of course, I have a clown fearing child, so they are still better pool options in the Epcot area over BWI. I can't pinpoint why, but AKL's and POR's pools seem to be the ones we've enjoyed the most.
I think for POR its the shade, the area is surrounded by trees and you cant even really see the lodging buildings which gives it that nice oasis away vibe. For AKL I think its seeing the plantings, the size of it(I think Jambos pool is the biggest single pool at WDW) and that at night there is no place with better ambiance.

Weather_Lady

My opinion is clearly not a popular one, but I was totally disappointed with Stormalong Beach (the Beach Club pool), and would gladly have taken the pools at the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, PORS, or Coronado Springs instead.

Here's my reasoning: when my family (DH, me, 2 kids who are now 10 and 12 but first visited WDW at 4 and 6) visits a WDW pool, the kids like to run off and do their own thing. Their priorities are that the pool have a slide, and a range of depths or zero-entry area. My husband and I like to swim for a bit, maybe hit the hot tub, shower off, grab a drink from the pool bar and then observe the kids from lounge chairs, so for us, availability of lounges and a good line of sight to the pool are priorities. I also like for the area to be attractive and easily accessible.

Because of this, Stormalong Bay was a horrible fit for us. The sandy kiddie play area was too shallow (and too jammed with toddlers) for our kids to find it interesting for more than a few minutes, so they bounced between the main pool, the lazy river (which was too small and slow to hold their attention for long, but far too deep for us to be comfortable letting them navigate it without us), and the water slide (which is located across a busy walkway, in a completely different fenced area, and facing the lake, so sliders are not visible from any part of the pool complex.) Because the theming largely consists of giant lighthouses, rockwork, trees and bridges over the pool and lazy river area which tend to block one's view, DH and I spent the entire afternoon running around, relocating from chair to chair, in the pool, out of the pool, and across the walkway, trying in vain to keep half an eye on our kids. It was the total opposite of relaxing. Not only that, but the giant fences around the pool and waterslides are an eyesore and a nuisance: if you want to reach the pool from the hotel, you have to exit the hotel (immediately confronting the giant fence instead of what was once a lovely view across the pool and toward the lake), walk waaaaaaay around the fence, fight your way between the queue and dining area for the CS restaurant (Hurricane Hanna's) along the walkway, and gain admittance through a single gate. While I understand the reasons for this (the pool-hopping was getting out of control, evidently), it nonetheless ruins the view, blocks easy access from the hotel and makes guests feel like inmates of "pool jail" instead of relaxed vacationers.

In contrast, the feature pools at the other resorts we've most enjoyed -- Coronado Springs, PORS, Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian -- were beautifully themed, with less obtrusive fencing (and/or with multiple entrances), the slide(s) our kids were looking for, and places to sit that gave us a view of the entire pool, so it was easy to monitor the kids. I realize this is a totally subjective thing, but for me, Stormalong Bay was nothing but mess and stress.
3-acres-of-pool-activities.jpg
in-living-color.jpg

Last edited:

Dave B

Animal Kingdom Lodge being "too far from everything" is probably the biggest myth in the WDW vacation planning community.

Poly to MK - 13 minutes
Poly to Epcot - 45 minutes
Poly to DHS - 20 minutes
Poly to DAK - 26 minutes

AKL to MK - 20 minutes
AKL to Epcot - 18 minutes
AKL to DHS - 14 minutes
AKL to DAK - 6 minutes

Unless you plan on spending 100% of your time at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge is actually more convenient than the Polynesian. Yes, it's much further away as the crow flies, but that doesn't account for how long it ACTUALLY takes to get places.
It has never taken us 45 minutes to get from the Poly to EPCOT, what are you walking?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom