Resorts with the best pools

epcotisbest

I think it's a valid comparison if you have regular access to the "real thing" at home. If you're at the beach all the time, don't go to WDW for a faux-beach. If you actually live on an African game reserve, don't go to WDW for a faux-African game reserve. Those things won't be special for you, and I think WDW is enhanced when you're in an environment that you don't get to experience all the time.

I spend my summers on New England beaches and the Ocean City, NJ boardwalk, so the Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk resorts hold very little appeal to me.

Yeah, makes sense. For me, who makes it to the beach infrequently, it never occurred to me to compare SAB to a real beach, but to other pools. In that simple comparison, it stands out. Being a country boy, I was more simplistic in my thinking, something like "Wow this is different from any pool I have ever been to," not "Wow this is nothing like the beach."
On the other hand, I have never been to the beach and compared it to a pool either, but am guilty of going to several nice ocean front resorts, including a recent trip to Hawaii, and spending more time poolside than beachside. Weird, huh?

CaptainAmerica

She will be 3 going on 4 when we go.. she loves the water!! I am loving the Poly its so beautiful!! I think animal kingdom is far away from everything, but those savanna rooms look worth it
Animal Kingdom Lodge being "too far from everything" is probably the biggest myth in the WDW vacation planning community.

Poly to MK - 13 minutes
Poly to Epcot - 45 minutes
Poly to DHS - 20 minutes
Poly to DAK - 26 minutes

AKL to MK - 20 minutes
AKL to Epcot - 18 minutes
AKL to DHS - 14 minutes
AKL to DAK - 6 minutes

Unless you plan on spending 100% of your time at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge is actually more convenient than the Polynesian. Yes, it's much further away as the crow flies, but that doesn't account for how long it ACTUALLY takes to get places.

epcotisbest

Although, this beach was nice!

HiJe

Has anyone been to the Caribbean Beach Resort pool? I'm taking my 4 year old soon and wondering how it compares. Never stayed there before.

correcaminos

Animal Kingdom Lodge being "too far from everything" is probably the biggest myth in the WDW vacation planning community.

Poly to MK - 13 minutes
Poly to Epcot - 45 minutes
Poly to DHS - 20 minutes
Poly to DAK - 26 minutes

AKL to MK - 20 minutes
AKL to Epcot - 18 minutes
AKL to DHS - 14 minutes
AKL to DAK - 6 minutes

Unless you plan on spending 100% of your time at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge is actually more convenient than the Polynesian. Yes, it's much further away as the crow flies, but that doesn't account for how long it ACTUALLY takes to get places.

Except if you have a stroller that can be a pain on buses. The time is the same, but the convenience is not on a regular basis.

I love AKL - absolutely do. We just preferred to be at MK or Epcot area to avoid the bus for 2 of the parks. Polynesian is my favorite as you can walk to GF for more options, walk to TTC and avoid the resort monorail or take the ferry too from the TTC if you want to avoid the monorail. Or the small boats too. Love options there.

CaptainAmerica

Except if you have a stroller that can be a pain on buses. The time is the same, but the convenience is not on a regular basis.

I love AKL - absolutely do. We just preferred to be at MK or Epcot area to avoid the bus for 2 of the parks. Polynesian is my favorite as you can walk to GF for more options, walk to TTC and avoid the resort monorail or take the ferry too from the TTC if you want to avoid the monorail. Or the small boats too. Love options there.
My biggest problem with the monorail resorts is getting to and from Epcot. I know a monorail is "cooler" than a bus or car, but it's certainly not faster once you've waited at your resort, ridden to the TTC, waited again at the TTC, and finally ridden on the Epcot beam.

CaptainAmerica

I love Wilderness lodge, it has that "Holy Cow " impact when you first walk in. The colors are too dark for me though.
Do you still feel that way after the latest room refurb? I used to feel the same way about Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Polynesian, and the Grand Californian, but not anymore.

eliza61nyc

Do you still feel that way after the latest room refurb? I used to feel the same way about Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Polynesian, and the Grand Californian, but not anymore.

Wow, I actually haven't stayed there since the refurb. gotta go look at some pictures. did the refurbish the dvc rooms or just the hotel rooms.

correcaminos

My biggest problem with the monorail resorts is getting to and from Epcot. I know a monorail is "cooler" than a bus or car, but it's certainly not faster once you've waited at your resort, ridden to the TTC, waited again at the TTC, and finally ridden on the Epcot beam.
That's why you stay at Polynesian. Walk to TTC. It's not about being cool, it's about ease.

As a parent I get the bus thing. It's bigger than some realize. As I said I love AKL, but I dislike strollers on buses even more. For a littler one though, I thing Polynesian is a better fit with views and such.

Rodb

I have to go with what most people said on here about Beach/Yacht Club and yes they have the best pool on property. Also I think that the pool at Polynesian is the second best with the theme and as for the moderates I think Coronado has a terrific pool as well. Those have always been my top 3 best pools on property.

agreed with the first two; but i would recommend Port Orleans if you decide to go with a moderate resort

OOP_1913

Original Poster
agreed with the first two; but i would recommend Port Orleans if you decide to go with a moderate resort

Port Orleans looks amazing as well I love the Royal rooms and I am sure my daughter will too! If we decide on a Moderate I am sure that will be our only choice. But I like the thought of convenience with deluxe because there are sit down restaurants inside the resort. I will look more into PO pools.

Club Cooloholic

I think it's a valid comparison if you have regular access to the "real thing" at home. If you're at the beach all the time, don't go to WDW for a faux-beach. If you actually live on an African game reserve, don't go to WDW for a faux-African game reserve. Those things won't be special for you, and I think WDW is enhanced when you're in an environment that you don't get to experience all the time.

I spend my summers on New England beaches and the Ocean City, NJ boardwalk, so the Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk resorts hold very little appeal to me.
Hey, OCNJ is great! I would have loved to have done WL or AKL on our next trip buuuut mom in law smokes so, BCV it is, more areas there

HouCuseChickie

"Best" is always a subjective thing. I hate sand and don't enjoy the beach, so I wasn't too keen on SAB when we stayed at YC and it's not great incentive for me to book BC. Of course, I have a clown fearing child, so they are still better pool options in the Epcot area over BWI. I can't pinpoint why, but AKL's and POR's pools seem to be the ones we've enjoyed the most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom