Resort Pictures of the Day

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I cannot believe how beautiful this resort is. Last time we stayed here I was real little. I need to stay there again after seeing this awesome picture! Thanks for posting!

Great shots everyone!

This is one of the Rarotonga Longhouse at the Poly! Love the place!
Disney09238.jpg

a2grafix

This picture of Bay Lake Tower was taken July 8, 2008 from the monorail. I thought it was funny that construction workers had hoisted a tree to the top of the building. By the time we left the character breakfast at 'Ohana, the tree was gone.

ContemporaryDVC.jpg

It is common for construction workers to affix an evergreen tree once the "final" height is reached for a structure. The evergreen is symbolic. It's for an informal/formal topping out celebration signifying the placement of the last beam in construction of a structure.

Usually the evergreen and optional American flag lasts about 24-48 hours before construction continues.

a2grafix

A rarity at WDW -- all of the US and military flags are down at Shades of Green. They were down a few days as Tropical Storm Fay made her way up Florida August 18-23 2008.

92noflagsshades.JPG

As opposed during "sunny" / "non-hurricane-like" conditions.

shadesfront.jpg

kbmum

I zoomed in. :) I didn't have my bathing suit because I was visiting my parents at the resort (we were staying elsewhere).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom