Resort Parking Charges

flynnibus

Premium Member
if you have a disability reason eg in wheelchair or member of you group is in wheelchair then pack should free

meh.. most of the 'handicap park free' legacy is simply because the pay systems weren't handicap accessible! So it was easier to just say they park for free verse accommodate them. Now people associate handicap with free... nah. You didn't drive verse another transportation alternative because you were handicapped..

DIZNE ED

They want to stop people like me who left my Resort for two days last vacation to go to Universal instead. 😁😁😁 That was a lot more Revenue lost to them then they will recover in parking fees.
What does the lot being full or not have to do with it?
Empty lots still cost money to build and maintain...

The reasoning is entirely about 'not leaving money on the table' and justifying it with industry norms.
Exactly, or go to International Drive, Sea World or other attractions.

DIZNE ED

Okay..how's this?

Swolphin - not run by Disney - charges $55 a night plus tax ($32 for resort fee and $23 for parking). If you want valet, tack on another $10 and you're at $65 per night.

I wouldn't necessarily categorize Sheraton and Westin as "5 star, ocean front resort.... from one of the top luxury brands". Yet they're in the ballpark of one.

Or better yet. Hilton Bonnet Creek on property - with it's incredible bargain of a $40 a night resort fee and $27 a night self parking fee ($35 for valet). Don't think I'm the Cayman Islands in an oceanfront room with the Hilton BC. They do have a pretty cool pool though.
Used to be able to dispute those fees at the Swan & Dolphin, not anymore.

DIZNE ED

As I told the Disney Rep who called me, I'll make up the parking fees by not eating at the ADR based places.
We normally dine at a nice sit down establishment every day but on the next trip we'll make do with burgers and other relatively inexpensive meals.
Also the usual souvenirs will remain in the Disney stores. I can do without more coffee mugs anyway.
Go to the outlet store for those Disney items!

UncleMike101

Go to the outlet store for those Disney items!
Or they can be purchased online from Disney licensed distributors.
But that would be akin to cheating.
Anyone can buy a Disney coffee mug on line without setting foot in one of the parks.
I prefer visiting a place to acquire memorabilia from that location. :happy:

DIZNE ED

It would of been better customer relations if Disney just raised room rates to cover the parking fees and alleviate all the controversy. A lot of companies like Metro PCS, T-Mobile are rounding off their prices to cover taxes and fees. Why not hotel rooms?
Disney is using a "partitioned pricing strategy" to make it's rooms
seem more affordable. http://www.msi.org/reports/divide-a...partitioned-prices-on-consumers-price-recall/

Last edited:

DIZNE ED

Or they can be purchased online from Disney licensed distributors.
But that would be akin to cheating.
Anyone can buy a Disney coffee mug on line without setting foot in one of the parks.
I prefer visiting a place to acquire memorabilia from that location. :happy:
The Disney Outlet Store has official merchandise that was previously sold at the parks!

DIZNE ED

They are in the process of building out DHS and EPCOT is next. There needs to be more space to move, but that won't happen overnight. They are starting to invest in WDW, but it takes time.

You'll see them control crowds with price increases if nothing else. Fireworks are a crowded time. I find avoiding MK during peak holidays and early evenings still makes it manageable.
The ongoing construction is a problem also. It won't be slowing down till 2021.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom