Resort Parking Charges

Chef Mickey

Try to think of it this way.... I has nothing to do with the ability to pay it... it is the desire to pay it. There is a difference even if you cannot see it. To keep it in Disney identity. To me it is like charging a reasonable price of $5.00 for a Mickey Bar and then charging another $2.50 to freeze it. One should automatically be part of the other. The only exception is if they are charging rock bottom rates for the resort, which they are never going to be accused of. Right now there are a lot of things that would be better if we thought in the vain of what is right or wrong instead of why not, capitalism is great.
He was making it sound like it was for budgetary/financial plan reasons, not desire.

I get you’re loaded and just don’t want to pay it.

Goofyernmost

He was making it sound like it was for budgetary/financial plan reasons, not desire.

I get you’re loaded and just don’t want to pay it.
I'm done responding to you... you seem to not like anything or anyone that disagrees with you. I'm not loaded, but, apparently you are and $20+ a day is pocket change and that the only charge that is being charged. It's not the single thing it is the number of them that add up. It is even less classy to attempt to look down upon someone who is dealing with a tight budget because to you it's nothing. So it's not really possible to have a discussion with you. "Hasta la vista, baby"

Chef Mickey

I'm done responding to you... you seem to not like anything or anyone that disagrees with you. I'm not loaded, but, apparently you are and $20+ a day is pocket change and that the only charge that is being charged. It's not the single thing it is the number of them that add up. It is even less classy to attempt to look down upon someone who is dealing with a tight budget because to you it's nothing. So it's not really possible to have a discussion with you. "Hasta la vista, baby"
I was simply correcting what I saw as a misinterpretation. I’m not looking down on anyone. I’m pointing out that this fee should not make or break trips from a financial perspective. If it does, you can’t afford the trip anyway.

I’ve seen yours posts for years...you’re the disagreeable one.

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
Sorry, but it's not your right to go to Disney. If you can't afford it, increase your income or save more money. It's all about priorities. Do you have a cell phone? See how AT&T just doubled their administrative fee? Yeah, you'll pay that every single month you're a customer on top of your $800 phone that used to be $500.

Everything is expensive and all companies are trying to make money. If it becomes cost prohibitive to you, stop going or change your behavior so you can afford it. Just don't act like Disney's strategy is for people to "afford" their trip. They know everything about their customers and this fee is not going to be onerous on their guests, period. Why so many people act like THIS charge is the last straw is beyond me.

Man, you're being presumptuous, aren't you? Where in his post did you see that he felt Disney World vacations are his right? So, you're lecturing a member because, by his financial decision-making, he feels that WDW is moving beyond affordability? That's what we call having an opinion, amd as a member of a "forum," one could appreciate the opinion, disagree if you like, but making assumptions about someone's financial state is insane and inappropriate. What I've learned in my 40 plus years on earth is that often, people with the greatest means spend less and are much more frugal in regards to discretionary spending than people who live paycheck to paycheck. Nobody ever got rich by spending everything.

So, disagree with the affordability all you want, and you're free to say whatever comes to mind, but with numerous prior posts by you, it's my opinion that many of these "ha ha, you can't afford it" posts you've made come of more about making yourself feel better about your situation or disdain for those who, either by choice or by situation, feel that WDW is moving out of access for those who choose to be more frugal about discretionary spending.

You use At&t as an example of affordability, but that's not that clean of an example, because our country seems to have forgotten about those pesky anti-trust laws, you know, like the ones that should probably prohibit the Disney-Fox merger? But now it's getting about government, and tgis is not the place for discussion. I included that tidbit to provide context and assert that the At&t example is flimsy in regards to prices increases.

homerdance

If a business absorbs the costs themselves or not is their decision.... but the lots are not free to build nor maintain... nor does it really matter much if a space is taken or not. The environment still does it thing. Customers often assume such things are just cheap or free. But talk to anyone who has had to add parking to their building, or is involved with the budgeting and most would be shocked.

Disney doing this now is Just capitalizing on what they can do... verse the standard they’ve set themselves. But besides maximum utilization driving the need or not for more spaces... the rest of your “no load” justifications are pretty irrelevant
If they charged all guests this is true. Only charging overnight guests proves it is just a hidden fee

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
Where did you get the definition of capitalism? The benefit you get is they let you park, enjoy the resort. Enjoy the parks. Eat at their restaurants. You have to pay for all of it. I don't now and I guess Ever will understand the concept that Disney owes us anything more than what we pay for. They charge what the market will bear and so far they have not reached that upper limit judging by the contuned sold out resorts and crowds.

I still don't see where anyone said Disney "owes" them anything. It's okay to have differing opinions, guys. In fact, if you're so enamored with tgis new fee, offer to pay multiple parking fees next time since you're such better Disney fans than those of us who would rather them not charge. Again, I paid the fee, would pay it again, but i still don't agree with it.

Here's a thought, though. I seem to recall in the 90s when crowds weren't as large, there was massive expansion across WDW, and costs were significantly lower when adjusted for time period, that i never saw empty drink cups and chip bags along the haunted mansion track, never saw broken effects in attractions, never had solid fireworks displays downsized to glorified multimedia videos projected on a building, never saw reduced hours in the parks, and back then there were real extra magic hours, sometimes open as late as 2 am. And that's when we paid less, and this was the era of record spending and expansion , some say disney park golden age. Don't even get me started on this era's extra magic hours that are just up to prior normal park closing times. Yall realize they just moved normal closing time earlier, then called the extra 2 hours extra magic, but it's really just prior year normal cloaing times. And i bet some of you think that's just dandy lol.
Now, all the problems listed above are prevalent, you all complain about them, yet you scoff and look down on anyone who says Disney charges too much. Maybe it's not so much the charges as much as the expectations and standards some of you set for WDW don't come close to rising to the level of the admission you paid, any longer. I just find it interesting that you all can get so defensive over parking lots, yet you don't at all seem to point to the lack of improvements in existing attractions and cleanliness, you know Disney's historic standards? I know, but they're building alot of new stuff. Yeah, so what about what you have now?

What Disney owes people is value and performance equal to the dollars they collect. That's all. Tell me i have to pay extra to park to hire additional custodial staff so i don't see empty 20 ounce coke bottles on the floor of the attic in Haunted Mansion, or piled up trash in queue areas where people have just thrown it while waiting to ride Buzz lightyear, not so my car can sit idle in a parking spot.

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
On the planes where people fight for overhead bin space to avoid the 25 dollar checked bag it is a benefit. Just like the parking fee bag checking fee is just now the price of flying if you choose too. Nobody is forcing anyone to do any of this. Stay offsite, eat offsite, go to universal, go anywhere you want it is free enterprise.

Right.....Google anti-trust laws. That has more to do with the few airlines now having monopolies, and our Congress forgetting about all that anti-trust legislation that exists. Transportation has been classified as a necessity by our government, riding a roller coaster has not.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was simply correcting what I saw as a misinterpretation. I’m not looking down on anyone. I’m pointing out that this fee should not make or break trips from a financial perspective. If it does, you can’t afford the trip anyway.

I’ve seen yours posts for years...you’re the disagreeable one.

I actually agree with you here...but the delivery negates some of your points because you defend EVERYTHING the rat does.

Some things they do - like all companies - are just slimey and greedy.

The consumer has the right to grumble...but they’ll get over it. There’s no need to post 30 Times playing mental “Laisse faire” tennis with it.

It is what it is.

eliza61nyc

Well, if I paid $419.00 for a burger, I'd sure as heck complain about paying $23 to park outside the restaurant to go in and buy it.

lol, I had to giggle at this because I live n Phlly where most high end restaurants charge you to park. I went to see Aladdin a couple of weeks ago, we then went to a place called Oceans Prime. Parking $35.00 bucks. so in my world pretty much paying to park at high end restaurants is normal.

Wow, what happened?? a girl goes away for a few days and everyone's fighting?

yensid67

and don't tell me "other resorts offsite do it." Big deal.

I WOULD prefer to pay for parking at an offsite hotel before I would be OK with staying on property and paying the MANDATORY parking fee!
Because at the offsite properties, they have no other way to make any other cash other than what is offered...room...food, that I understand and would have no problem paying for the parking! But I WILL NOT stay on Disney property and be charged a parking fee, when the rooms are over priced(just because of theming) and THEY HAVE OTHER WAYS TO GET MONEY FROM THE GUESTS that other offsite properties don't have! Heck, the park admission price should make up for the parking fee! Even the admission prices are getting a LOT ridiculous and not the value they once were even 5 years ago! This is why we stay off site! And if ya think about it, staying off site is a win for Disney anyways...it gives you more money to spend inside the parks!!!!

Chef Mickey

Trying to figure out why you are so pro fee? Are you gaining finically from the fee or are you just trolling everyone?
I'm not "pro fee," I'm just pragmatic and I understand Disney's financials. They are absolutely not making unreasonable profits for their product. Their product is completely discretionary and all about fun.

There are countless fees and profit squeezing done at companies where I have little or no choice, the product isn't fun, and the service isn't great. That's where I live in reality and understand that some battles are better not to get all worked up about, particularly when they are small and you have options.

Chef Mickey

Trying to figure out why you are so pro fee? Are you gaining finically from the fee or are you just trolling everyone?
I also recognize the value in staying on property, even if they charge a nominal fee for something they should have always charged for. They own the parking lots, they don't want you to drive a car, and they will collect a fee if you do. Nothing wrong with that. This is America...capitalism wins. It's why Disney exists for our enjoyment in the first place, so I don't begrudge it.

Chef Mickey

Tonight, our friend and host, Chef Mickey, uses his vivid imagination to create magical imagery for all to enjoy! Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination, for in a moment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy or a blood-curdling put down. I've seen some things in my time but, Chef Mickey, you dream your fantastic dream.
This kind of fell flat...I'd rather park my car at Yacht and Beach for $23 and enjoy Fantasmic! in person.

Chef Mickey

Man, you're being presumptuous, aren't you? Where in his post did you see that he felt Disney World vacations are his right? So, you're lecturing a member because, by his financial decision-making, he feels that WDW is moving beyond affordability? That's what we call having an opinion, amd as a member of a "forum," one could appreciate the opinion, disagree if you like, but making assumptions about someone's financial state is insane and inappropriate. What I've learned in my 40 plus years on earth is that often, people with the greatest means spend less and are much more frugal in regards to discretionary spending than people who live paycheck to paycheck. Nobody ever got rich by spending everything.

So, disagree with the affordability all you want, and you're free to say whatever comes to mind, but with numerous prior posts by you, it's my opinion that many of these "ha ha, you can't afford it" posts you've made come of more about making yourself feel better about your situation or disdain for those who, either by choice or by situation, feel that WDW is moving out of access for those who choose to be more frugal about discretionary spending.

You use At&t as an example of affordability, but that's not that clean of an example, because our country seems to have forgotten about those pesky anti-trust laws, you know, like the ones that should probably prohibit the Disney-Fox merger? But now it's getting about government, and tgis is not the place for discussion. I included that tidbit to provide context and assert that the At&t example is flimsy in regards to prices increases.
Come on. The implication was clearly that the fees are driving the little guy out and it's such a shame the greedy corporate Disney is stealing the ability for John Q Work Man to go to Disney. $20 isn't make or break for everyone. If it is, don't go. They need a lot more fees and price increases to get these crowds down anyway. They built the company...let them charge what the market will pay. Nothing wrong with it.

If this was not the implication, a thousand apologies.

You want a clean example? Universal Studios. A comparable vacation there has comparable costs to Disney. Maybe all the fees aren't the same, but you can call your senator and tell them Comcast is stealing money too.

Vacation is expensive and riddled with fees and up charges. It's really not a big deal.

homerdance

I'm not "pro fee," I'm just pragmatic and I understand Disney's financials. They are absolutely not making unreasonable profits for their product. Their product is completely discretionary and all about fun.

There are countless fees and profit squeezing done at companies where I have little or no choice, the product isn't fun, and the service isn't great. That's where I live in reality and understand that some battles are better not to get all worked up about, particularly when they are small and you have options.

They have every right to charge whatever they want. It’s slimy and a hidden charge. Want to visit the resort for 23 hours? Sure, come park for free. Want to stay the night? Please pay us this fee. Live in the European Union? No fee for you! Live in the UK? No fee for you!

Disney should hold them to higher standards, but they don't.

So do you work or get compensated by Disney for your blind pragmatism?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom